Christopher F

Case transferred to the Texas Service Center- Is this a good thing?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

Hoping to receive more great advice as I already have from VJ!  Thanks in advance for any responses!

I (US Citizen) filed an I-130 for my wife and my Priority date is Oct. 28.  I just received a I-797C notice that my case has been transferred to the Texas Sevice Center.  I'm wondering how the accurate the processing times are on VisaJourney vs. the actual government website.  See below for the discrepancies/data.

For the both Service Centers:
USCIS website shows that "Field Office Processing Dates for Nebraska Service Center as of: January 31, 2017" - "processing cases as of date August 9".
USCIS website shows that "Field Office Processing Dates for Texas Service Center as of: January 31, 2017" - "processing cases as of date September 4".

For the VisaJourney processing times:
Nebraska Service Center processing cases with an NOA1 date of Aug. 31.
Texas Service Center processing cases with an NOA1 date of Nov. 31.

It seems as though the Gov. website is rarely updated.  Does anyone know how accurate the VJ processing times are and how they get the data?  If we assume that the Texas Service Center processing time is correct on the VJ website, will they start processing my application right away since i have a priority date of Oct 31?  Does anyone know how that works?

Hoping for the best!  Thanks in advance for any responses!

Also, below are a few screenshots to help demonstrate what I am seeing.

Thanks!

Chris

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

VisaJourney is going to give you a much more accurate picture of which petitions USCIS is currently processing. They are an average of the dates VisaJourney members enter into the site once the petition is approved.

So VJ shows you where USCIS actually is making progress. USCIS generally sets the current processing date further back than where they actually are.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to USCIS Service Centers forum; topic is about service center operations.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

17 minutes ago, cordoba2015 said:

VisaJourney is going to give you a much more accurate picture of which petitions USCIS is currently processing. They are an average of the dates VisaJourney members enter into the site once the petition is approved.

So VJ shows you where USCIS actually is making progress. USCIS generally sets the current processing date further back than where they actually are.

Thanks for the response!  Any idea what the procedure is for when mine will be processed?  Seeing as my NOA1 date is further in the past than apps they are currently processing? (assuming VJ is accurate, as you say)

We are excited, but I'm trying to understand the new process now.

Thanks!

Chris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would lean with what visa journey is saying. My application was sent to the Texas Service Center from the beginning, I got my acceptance 52 days from NOA1. I would imagine that you would have an answer within the next 60 days. Texas is known to be one of the fastest processing centers. 

Edited by kcrb

52 minutes ago, kcrb said:

I would lean with what visa journey is saying. My application was sent to the Texas Service Center from the beginning, I got my acceptance 52 days from NOA1. I would imagine that you would have an answer within the next 60 days. Texas is known to be one of the fastest processing centers. 

That is probably still faster than the Nebraska center.  I was under the impression that they process the petitions with the oldest Priority Dates (NOA1 dates).  Are you saying that I lose this "seniority"?  It's already been 5 months.  Obviously, I was hoping they would prioritize mine since it might be older than the ones they are currently processing (if VJ's estimates are accurate).

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Christopher F said:

That is probably still faster than the Nebraska center.  I was under the impression that they process the petitions with the oldest Priority Dates (NOA1 dates).  Are you saying that I lose this "seniority"?  It's already been 5 months.  Obviously, I was hoping they would prioritize mine since it might be older than the ones they are currently processing (if VJ's estimates are accurate).

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.

I wouldn't know, but I would imagine that it would be prioritized and you wouldn't receive a new priority date. It wouldn't make sense for them to throw you into the back of the line, wouldn't be fair. 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, MayraAle said:

Hi Christopher,

Have you received any news as of today?

I have a similar situation and our case was also transferred to Texas, thank you for sharing.

Hi MayraAle, 

Yes! Great news. My case  (NOA1 was NOV 2) was approved as of April 20. As of April 24, my case has been shipped to the NVC! About 1 month (and a few days) after it was transferred to Texas, it was approved. 

So thankful! 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Christopher F said:

Hi MayraAle, 

Yes! Great news. My case  (NOA1 was NOV 2) was approved as of April 20. As of April 24, my case has been shipped to the NVC! About 1 month (and a few days) after it was transferred to Texas, it was approved. 

So thankful! 

That is great news !!! One more question, I just noticed my notice of transfer did not include a priority date anymore? Only the receipt did, did your notice of transfer include the same date listed on the receipt or was the field blank? 

My priority date was Oct. 17 ? :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am sooo happy i found this thread. My priority date is October 31. I see we are all close to date. Started in Nebraska and March 23, 2017 got notice it got transfered to texas. I haven't received an approval at all. I only have my NOA1 I received a week after filing. Is this normal? If anyone gets notice of approval or ANYTHING let me know pleeease!  

Just to add, once my petition got transferred it didn't have a priority date, so I'm also wondering what that's about. My initial priority  date was October 31..

Edited by Mido&Emi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Christopher,

Have you received any news as of today?

I have a similar situation and our case was also transferred to Texas, thank you for sharing.

How long ago was yours transferred and did you receive approval yet? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.