Bethany92

Finalizing package; plastic sleeves?

8 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone,

 

I'm about to send out my package, but on doing some final nit-picky research, I saw many people saying USCIS throws away things like binders and plastic sleeves. That doesn't really affect me except for my "evidence" sections. The way I set them up is with real photos and photocopies of reciepts and passes, etc. In order to keep everything organized, some things are taped into the sleeves. I've seen other people somehow manage to make collages with notes all printed on a single sheet, which would be easy to remove from the plastic sleeves. Mine will not be that simple to remove and could actually mess up some of the information that all goes together. However, if they simply photo-copy the sheets themselves and then chuck the entire thing, it probably wouldn't be a problem. What does everyone think/suggest? (It sucks cause I spent so long organizing these...)

 

 

 

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove picture containing personal information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Bethany92 said:

Hey everyone,

 

I'm about to send out my package, but on doing some final nit-picky research, I saw many people saying USCIS throws away things like binders and plastic sleeves. That doesn't really affect me except for my "evidence" sections. The way I set them up is with real photos and photocopies of reciepts and passes, etc. In order to keep everything organized, some things are taped into the sleeves. I've seen other people somehow manage to make collages with notes all printed on a single sheet, which would be easy to remove from the plastic sleeves. Mine will not be that simple to remove and could actually mess up some of the information that all goes together. However, if they simply photo-copy the sheets themselves and then chuck the entire thing, it probably wouldn't be a problem. What does everyone think/suggest? (It sucks cause I spent so long organizing these...)

 

 

 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

"Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled."

 

They will take it out in order to scan and file it.

Edited by Suss&Camm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

"Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled."

 

They will take it out in order to scan and file it.

Ok, so do you think I can get away with taping everything onto a plain sheet of paper in the same way I have them organized in the sleeve, or should I redo everything? :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bethany92 said:

 

Ok, so do you think I can get away with taping everything onto a plain sheet of paper in the same way I have them organized in the sleeve, or should I redo everything? :/

I personally had different thing/evidence on different sheet of paper so they don't get mixed up and don't look cluttered. But that is just me.

 

Having seen your photo before it was removed, I'm curious, did you include the original boarding passes? If you did, you should remove that and only send the photocopies. You want to keep the originals for yourself, same goes with other evidence. Only submit originals when they are specifically asked in the USCIS instructions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

I personally had different thing/evidence on different sheet of paper so they don't get mixed up and don't look cluttered. But that is just me.

 

Having seen your photo before it was removed, I'm curious, did you include the original boarding passes? If you did, you should remove that and only send the photocopies. You want to keep the originals for yourself, same goes with other evidence. Only submit originals when they are specifically asked in the USCIS instructions :)

They are all photocopies but they are cut up so they would fit together. So should I have 1 photocopied piece of evidence per page and then just have relevant photos clipped to them? Should I just keep all the photos in their own separate pile in a bag? I have no idea what is going to be the best looking + easiest for them to manage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bethany92 said:

They are all photocopies but they are cut up so they would fit together. So should I have 1 photocopied piece of evidence per page and then just have relevant photos clipped to them? Should I just keep all the photos in their own separate pile in a bag? I have no idea what is going to be the best looking + easiest for them to manage.

You can separate the photos and put them in a baggie or you can stick the photos on sheets of paper. Don't forget to put the date and location of each photo :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I had everything in sleeves as well. When my lawyer was preparing the I-130 packet, they just took copies of what was in each sleeve, and sent it out as a stack of paper attached to the application. Everything went well, and it was very organized.

 

I'd recommend keeping the original photos, color copies will be fine for USCIS. I compiled a binder of everything to take for the interview, including everything that was sent to USCIS. It's beneficial for you if they ask you questions and you are able to personally reference what they are talking about. This was also per the advice of my lawyer and close friend who has been through hell and back with immigration. 

Edited by kcrb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bethany92 said:

 

Ok, so do you think I can get away with taping everything onto a plain sheet of paper in the same way I have them organized in the sleeve, or should I redo everything? :/

I would just take a photo of each page, paste it as one picture in a word doc and print in color as a one page collage ... that way each page will still look exactly as you put it together but without risk of being separated.

I did smth similar... but had color copy photos with a lil description next to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.