tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hi All, I'm glad to see a March Filers thread. I sent the I-130 application packet for my wife on 3/24/17.

It arrived at the Phoenix Lockbox on 3/27/17 and the USCIS sent a I-1797C my way with a notice date of 3/30/17. I just received it today, so now the real wait begins!

-

Hello other March '17 filers,

We sended the i-130 end of March and received April 8th that our case ended up in TSC.

Long ways too go for all us. Good luck everyone🍀

Hi everyone! We mailed our I-130 on March 22nd and received the NOA1 on April 7th, with priority date of March 23rd at the Nebraska Service Center. The notice date on our NOA1 says April 1st, which is what I entered into our timeline...hopefully that's right? 

Sending positive vibes for Nebraska to speed things up a little bit! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Filing for CR1 Visa for my Husband.  Chicago Lockbock received my fedex overnight package with my I-130 Petition and supporting docs on March 30, 2017.  Received an email on April 5, 2017 that my petition was accepted and routed to the Potomac office.  I received my official Notice of Action (I-797) on April 10, 2017......now we wait!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My Priority date is March 29th! Have you heard anything else at this point? I can finally see my case online but i looks useless really! And i definitely got my hard copy receipt but it has no instructions on it just says in process besides my husbands name and bday!

Timeline
On 4/10/2017 at 11:23 AM, LandK said:

Hi everyone! We mailed our I-130 on March 22nd and received the NOA1 on April 7th, with priority date of March 23rd at the Nebraska Service Center. The notice date on our NOA1 says April 1st, which is what I entered into our timeline...hopefully that's right? 

Sending positive vibes for Nebraska to speed things up a little bit! :) 

Hopefully we are about the same timeline! Same nebraska center here is to hoping it goes quicker!

Having been through a K-1 and I-130 process (this is my second I-130 process) here is an explanation.

If you're applying for your spouse, her/his children or immediate relatives or are a widow of a US citizen seeking to come to the US, the priority date is simply telling you that you don't have to wait in line for a green card like immigrants that do not have this status. The priority date is meaningless to you as it does not apply. 

Your NOA-1 date, which is the date you can assume that your service center received your file, is the starting line for your wait. 

Hope that clarifies things.

Michael

PS this site lists me as a newbie, but I as I've been through this process before I had another profile that I used and tracked for my prior petitions.  I know the anguish, the anxiety and the excitement of this wait very, very well.

Edited by rmpiedra

Timeline
42 minutes ago, rmpiedra said:

Having been through a K-1 and I-130 process (this is my second I-130 process) here is an explanation.

If you're applying for your spouse, her/his children or immediate relatives or are a widow of a US citizen seeking to come to the US, the priority date is simply telling you that you don't have to wait in line for a green card like immigrants that do not have this status. The priority date is meaningless to you as it does not apply. 

Your NOA-1 date, which is the date you can assume that your service center received your file, is the starting line for your wait. 

Hope that clarifies things.

Michael

PS this site lists me as a newbie, but I as I've been through this process before I had another profile that I used and tracked for my prior petitions.  I know the anguish, the anxiety and the excitement of this wait very, very well.

I really hope you have not been denied this many times! 

Timeline
On 4/4/2017 at 1:13 AM, adidas said:

Hi All, I'm glad to see a March Filers thread. I sent the I-130 application packet for my wife on 3/24/17.

It arrived at the Phoenix Lockbox on 3/27/17 and the USCIS sent a I-1797C my way with a notice date of 3/30/17. I just received it today, so now the real wait begins!

Well we should all keep in touch as the wait is nerve wrecking! If you have questions ask away!

No denials.  A very long story, but the government was fine. I wasn't raked through the coals, normal processing.  I just share insofar as knowing what it feels like to wait and have almost no information for months.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, rmpiedra said:

No denials.  A very long story, but the government was fine. I wasn't raked through the coals, normal processing.  I just share insofar as knowing what it feels like to wait and have almost no information for months.

Well good luck! I pray nebraska moves through them quickly! Its going to be a long road but we have 4 years of waiting under our belts! Whats a few more months? (But ready for the outcome)

After receiving NOA1( and hoping all is okay) what will be the first to do next? Petitioner getting papers send home to file? Which forms will that be following CR1 proces?

Timeline

As far as i know once you get your noa1 you wait for noa2...once you get that you need be ready for NVC stage and from what i read they need alot of paper work including your sponsorship paperwork! Details on papers i am still working on and will msg you with details.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jujubsweet said:

As far as i know once you get your noa1 you wait for noa2...once you get that you need be ready for NVC stage and from what i read they need alot of paper work including your sponsorship paperwork! Details on papers i am still working on and will msg you with details.

Looking at the process to come the most complicated part seems to be the affidavit of support I-864. My wife and I have been looking at it since we received noa1 and it is a horrible document. My wife's parents will be joint sponsors so we will have an I-864 For my wife, another I-864 for my father in law and an I-864a for my mother in law.

We thought we could fill it in early and just add the date when it is requested but the current form expires the 31 July. No point filling it in if they will be issuing a new version. 

This document is where we will be focusing most of our time. We will also be arranging bank accounts driving licence and registering her to vote to prove "intent to domicile" for my wife because she has been living outside the US since 2004. 

Best of luck on your journey.

Edited by Mr&Mrs G.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

Looking at the process to come the most complicated part seems to be the affidavit of support I-864. My wife and I have been looking at it since we received noa1 and it is a horrible document. My wife's parents will be joint sponsors so we will have an I-864 For my wife, another I-864 for my father in law and an I-864a for my mother in law.

We thought we could fill it in early and just add the date when it is requested but the current form expires the 31 July. No point filling it in if they will be issuing a new version. 

This document is where we will be focusing most of our time. We will also be arranging bank accounts driving licence and registering her to vote to prove "intent to domicile" for my wife because she has been living outside the US since 2004. 

Best of luck on your journey.

Ohhhhhh wow!!!!! Id love to know more about it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.