Mochii

Collecting proof of relationship

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! I'm not filing my K1 visa yet but I just wanted to ask the types of evidence I should provide/collect for it, what did it look like and how you guys did it/formatted it when you sent it in. 

Last year my accounts got hacked. I had to delete all my social media and messaging apps so that's one year of chat logs/skype logs with my boyfriend gone. Recently I got a new macbook and my skype history wouldn't load past last month and won't display duration of the calls! So I lost some more proof of our relationship. All I have for proof from skype is screenshots from my phone's skype app (which isn't a lot) since the history is still on my phone but won't show up on my macbook. But even on my phone, the skype logs aren't complete. It's very stressful since I don't want to find myself preparing to file my K1 visa and not having enough evidence because of skype's technical problems. Any advice on how to make sure everything is collected? I'm thinking maybe I should take a screenshot of the date and duration of our skype call everytime we do it. 

My boyfriend and I use Couple app to message each other and so far it's been good. It saves all our chat logs inside the app and nothing has been lost YET. With chat logs, do you guys just choose conversations and take screenshots of them? How do you choose that?

Any more advice for collecting proof of relationship will be appreciated! Thank you very much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We use WHATSAPP.  The chat logs are saved on both ends and if one party loses their phone, the other can send the entire chat to them when a new phone is purchased.

I generated a chat log and Whatsapp emailed it to me and I put it in a word processor and chose 3 or 4 conversations per month.  (copy and paste to a new document)

Cheers!

Michael

For the I-129F package, USCIS is more interested in proof that the 2 of you have met in person within the past 2 years. Flight boarding passes, hotel receipts, photos of you together are important.

We had boarding passes for my flights to Cebu, then a screen capture of a Facebook post with a pic of us in a taxi leaving the airport. then we had SuperCat ferry tickets with our names on them and another Facebook post. After that we included photos of us going out to eat with friends and sightseeing. 

When my wife, then fiance went to the interview, she had chat logs for the time between my visit and the interview, and vonage billing statements with call logs.

They did not ask to see any of those. They just asked a few questions. If you have a real relationship, the answers are easy.

I know you said you lost you social media chats, but if you have boarding passes, hotel receipts, or credit card receipts showing he made purchase during a trip, and photos of the 2 of you, you should be fine.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

For the I-129F package, USCIS is more interested in proof that the 2 of you have met in person within the past 2 years. Flight boarding passes, hotel receipts, photos of you together are important.

We had boarding passes for my flights to Cebu, then a screen capture of a Facebook post with a pic of us in a taxi leaving the airport. then we had SuperCat ferry tickets with our names on them and another Facebook post. After that we included photos of us going out to eat with friends and sightseeing. 

When my wife, then fiance went to the interview, she had chat logs for the time between my visit and the interview, and vonage billing statements with call logs.

They did not ask to see any of those. They just asked a few questions. If you have a real relationship, the answers are easy.

I know you said you lost you social media chats, but if you have boarding passes, hotel receipts, or credit card receipts showing he made purchase during a trip, and photos of the 2 of you, you should be fine.

Ahh well that's a relief to know that it should be easy. Other posts here say they've includes hundreds of pages long chat logs. I'm the one who's going to be visiting my boyfriend in the US (I don't want him to come to the PH) so all the tickets'll be in my name and I'll try to capture as many photos as I can of us together and with his family. Thanks for the advice!! 

Mind if I ask how long did it take for your wife to get her K1 visa and how long it took to get a green card? I heard there's a long wait for filipinos. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance and I also use many methods to talk to eachother. A combination of iMessage, WhatsApp, Facebook Chat.  

I sent in screenshots showing call durations ( on Whats app it would show the date, all calls made that day and length of time) but What's app also only goes back a few months, so I picked a few per month to highlight how often we speak.  I submitted Aug- Feb daily call logs so like 4 pages showing that we speak to eachother every single day, multiple times a day. 

Submitted Facebook chats between him & I, him and my parents, me and his parents. iMessages from however long my phone had history, which was less than a year. so i did 2/3 per month. 

If you are going to visit him, beyond photos and your airline tickets, you can submit receipts of being in the same place at the same time which also counts as evidence from what I have read on here.

When you use a credit card, sometimes the receipt shows your name. I just highlighted my name/date/location on the receipts in combination with a receipt from the same day but my fiance's card/account. 

I also screenshotted our Facebook and Instagram relationship. Showing his family tagging me in photos, selfies.. etc..And of course, a page for the engagement including screenshots of us telling our families and the receipt for the ring.

I think our evidence of relationship was around 14 pages, and I submitted 7 pages of 4x photos per page. 

As for choosing screenshots, I kind of chose a variety. A few stating that I am about to cross the border, lots of I miss yous and hearts, plans of visiting, plans of engagement party, and some regular convo shots.  Although he is the petitioner, a majority of the screenshots came from my phone as his broke a few months ago.. so we just left sticky notes and an explanation. 

But I agree with Rick & Apple that the focus is proof of meeting in the last 2 years, that's what they want to see. So collect what you can as you visit each other next!

Edited by Orit.d

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

12 minutes ago, Mochii said:

Mind if I ask how long did it take for your wife to get her K1 visa and how long it took to get a green card? I heard there's a long wait for filipinos. 

It was 115 days from mailing I-129F package, to Interview.

Visa was delivered 10 days later.

125 days to have visa in hand.

She bought a plane ticket and was here 5 days later. 

We got married 9 days later and filed for Adjustment of Status a week later. 

EAD (work permit) was approved in 95 days. Just a few days short of 8 months since filing the I-129F.

Still waiting on the green card.

Naturalization Timeline

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

It was 115 days from mailing I-129F package, to Interview.

Visa was delivered 10 days later.

125 days to have visa in hand.

She bought a plane ticket and was here 5 days later. 

We got married 9 days later and filed for Adjustment of Status a week later (Nov 14). 

EAD (work permit) was approved in 95 days (Feb 17) . Just a few days short of 8 months since filing the I-129F.

Still waiting on the green card.

How long has it been since she applied for a green card?

thanks for the detailed reply! It helps me have a good idea on what to expect. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Orit.d said:

My fiance and I also use many methods to talk to eachother. A combination of iMessage, WhatsApp, Facebook Chat.  

I sent in screenshots showing call durations ( on Whats app it would show the date, all calls made that day and length of time) but What's app also only goes back a few months, so I picked a few per month to highlight how often we speak.  I submitted Aug- Feb daily call logs so like 4 pages showing that we speak to eachother every single day, multiple times a day. 

Submitted Facebook chats between him & I, him and my parents, me and his parents. iMessages from however long my phone had history, which was less than a year. so i did 2/3 per month. 

If you are going to visit him, beyond photos and your airline tickets, you can submit receipts of being in the same place at the same time which also counts as evidence from what I have read on here.

When you use a credit card, sometimes the receipt shows your name. I just highlighted my name/date/location on the receipts in combination with a receipt from the same day but my fiance's card/account. 

I also screenshotted our Facebook and Instagram relationship. Showing his family tagging me in photos, selfies.. etc..And of course, a page for the engagement including screenshots of us telling our families and the receipt for the ring.

I think our evidence of relationship was around 14 pages, and I submitted 7 pages of 4x photos per page. 

As for choosing screenshots, I kind of chose a variety. A few stating that I am about to cross the border, lots of I miss yous and hearts, plans of visiting, plans of engagement party, and some regular convo shots.  Although he is the petitioner, a majority of the screenshots came from my phone as his broke a few months ago.. so we just left sticky notes and an explanation. 

But I agree with Rick & Apple that the focus is proof of meeting in the last 2 years, that's what they want to see. So collect what you can as you visit each other next!

I didn't think about the recipts! Thank you! I'll be sure to collect them. 

16 minutes ago, Mochii said:

How long has it been since she applied for a green card?

thanks for the detailed reply! It helps me have a good idea on what to expect. 

We appiled for the green card, I-485 Adjustment of Status on Nov 14.

We also filed forms I-765, Employment Authorization Document and I-131 Advance Parole (Travel Document) at the same time. There is no additional fee if you file them with the I-485. She received a combo card, EAD and Travel, on Feb 24.

Naturalization Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

We also filed forms I-765, Employment Authorization Document and I-131 Advance Parole (Travel Document) at the same time. There is no additional fee if you file them with the I-485. She received a combo card, EAD and Travel, on Feb 24.

So if you file the I-485 together with I-765 it won't be extra? So it will just be 1,225 including biometric?

Just now, LolaaBrett said:

So if you file the I-485 together with I-765 it won't be extra? So it will just be 1,225 including biometric?

Correct.

Also file the I-131, even if you don't plan travel. It is good to have in case of an emergency.

Naturalization Timeline

Timeline
Just now, Rick & Apple said:

Correct.

Also file the I-131, even if you don't plan travel. It is good to have in case of an emergency.

Thank you! I am the petitioner 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rick & Apple said:

Sorry one more question. How did you send your i-134, proof of on going and tax return to your wife post office? 

Just now, LolaaBrett said:

Sorry one more question. How did you send your i-134, proof of on going and tax return to your wife post office? 

I sent it by DHL. I sent it on a Friday, and it arrived on Tuesday. I think the cost was $54

Postal service in the Philippines is not very dependable.

You might check with others from Jamaica to find the best way to send. 

Naturalization Timeline

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rick & Apple said:

I sent it by DHL. I sent it on a Friday, and it arrived on Tuesday. I think the cost was $54

Postal service in the Philippines is not very dependable.

You might check with others from Jamaica to find the best way to send. 

It's $90 by Dhl I.. I think it's $50+ us postal express..just didn't want to send my tax return with my ss in the mail smh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.