49 posts in this topic

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Michealla said:

Wow this is serious, I was approved on Dec. 1, 2017 and still no consulate instructions. Just don't know what to do

I was approved March 27 2018 and still no instructions! Going crazy here too! I am from October 2016

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, Michealla said:

Hello Franco, where did you did the embassy give you any information to fill out the DS260 or was there something else that you needed to fill it out

By the time your waiver is approved, you will need to resubmit a DS260 because the one you submitted for the first interview would have expired. That is the reason everyone who files for I-601 needs to resubmit it. 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:35 AM, Michealla said:

So you have to do the representative then pay the affidavit of support fee and then before you can do DS260, is that right? and this will go to the national visa center? 

If you have done affidavit of support before you do not have to do it again. I advise you just wait for each stage to come, because you will get instructions as you go through each stage.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Michealla said:

Hello Franco, I went for the interview and got approved and was asked to check visa status at ustraveldocs.com but when I enter my passport number it says that there is no information about my passport, is it supposed to show any information after 3 days or any one knows??

You can keep checking the status from the visa status page instead. when is issued it will be posted there and you will get an email from the embassy for pickup. My spouse is still waiting to collect hers after more than 3weeks she got approved at the embassy. I reached out to the embassy and they say it is under administrative processing even though the  status says ready. They are just doing final checks to make sure they dotted their I/s and crossed their T/s before visa issuance. I have seen people on this platform who said it took them anywhere from 2weeks to 13months before they got issued the visa. 

So it is another waiting game now but at least we have been approved for the Immigrant Visa is the most important thing.

Franco, just got this email this afternoon

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate 

The passport number being returned is ..................

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location: 

DHL Ghana Limited, No 3 North Ridge Crescent, Accra, 

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/gh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.