Cesar Rojas

Waiver I 212 n I 601 approved

49 posts in this topic

No they didn't start working on my case right away they stating working on my case in October 2016 that's when April case were being processed 

Edited by Cesar Rojas

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi I did my interview at kingston jamaica September 15,2016 they requested a waiver I601. I submitted in December 2016 how long more I have to while for my approval.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

uscis verbally said they will send approval letter to nvc then nvc send to embassy when i called. so that the time i called they havnt send to nvc yet but .. 4 days later the embassy contacted my apouse to confirm mailing address for instruction package...so looks loke in my case the nvc part was bypassed.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2017 at 7:38 AM, Cesar Rojas said:

Yes I applied for the I 130 n been approved in 2015 of march my husband already had his interview with the consulate of Guatemala on oct 2015 n they said that he need the waiver I 212 n I 601 both got approved. 

okay so when u applied for the i130 , you didn't have to reapply even though your first interview was denied?

I got denied a month ago, I'm yet to apply for my waiver but I am wondering what the process is like after it gets approved? 

what process would I have to re-do?

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, She0710 said:

okay so when u applied for the i130 , you didn't have to reapply even though your first interview was denied?

I got denied a month ago, I'm yet to apply for my waiver but I am wondering what the process is like after it gets approved? 

what process would I have to re-do?

From my experience........

You do not have to resubmit a new I-130 because that has been approved and closed even before you applied for the immigrant visa which you submitted form DS-260 and paid the fees associated with the immigrant visa processing.

If you get denied the immigrant visa, and was advised to file I-601waiver file that asap so you can get in line asap too because as the day goes by the estimated turnaround time is getting longer and longer.

As per processes you have to redo if you get the I-601 approved, that will be medicals, police report and resubmission of the DS-260 immigrant visa application form and then presenting all that with your passport at the embassy for your visa. I have also seen people who had to file another I-601 because at the second interview the embassy found something again and denied them the visa and asked the applicant to file another I-601 to overcome the new inadmissibility.

I wish you good Luck as you go through the process.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:23 PM, Franco007 said:

From my experience........

You do not have to resubmit a new I-130 because that has been approved and closed even before you applied for the immigrant visa which you submitted form DS-260 and paid the fees associated with the immigrant visa processing.

If you get denied the immigrant visa, and was advised to file I-601waiver file that asap so you can get in line asap too because as the day goes by the estimated turnaround time is getting longer and longer.

As per processes you have to redo if you get the I-601 approved, that will be medicals, police report and resubmission of the DS-260 immigrant visa application form and then presenting all that with your passport at the embassy for your visa. I have also seen people who had to file another I-601 because at the second interview the embassy found something again and denied them the visa and asked the applicant to file another I-601 to overcome the new inadmissibility.

I wish you good Luck as you go through the process.

So do you just go ahead and do the DS 260 or you do that when the embassy instructs you?

19 hours ago, Franco007 said:

Yes the embassy will send you an instruction via email on what you need to do. So just wait for the email after approval.

Franco, thanks for your response, so about how long does it take for the embassy to contact you cos I have been waiting for about  5 months now, and how is the instruction like? I am asking this question because I reached out to ustraveldocs.com which is apparently their customer service and they sent me a username and password to log in their system to see the updates on the case and at the same time they said if you are not asked to schedule an interview do not schedule one. So does it mean they will send you a separate email to schedule an interview with instructions? 

Thanks for your input.

3 hours ago, Michealla said:

Franco, thanks for your response, so about how long does it take for the embassy to contact you cos I have been waiting for about  5 months now, and how is the instruction like? I am asking this question because I reached out to ustraveldocs.com which is apparently their customer service and they sent me a username and password to log in their system to see the updates on the case and at the same time they said if you are not asked to schedule an interview do not schedule one. So does it mean they will send you a separate email to schedule an interview with instructions? 

Thanks for your input.

Below is the email but i took out the Names, Addresses and Country of residence.

Dear ................... :

Your waiver application has been approved and we are in receipt of the notice of approval. You please visit www.state.gov to re-submit the online Form DS-260 before appearing for the interview as the previous immigrant visa application is expired.   

You should also update your medical and police report. We only accept medical examinations from the ................... (Name and Phone# of Embassy given hospital) or  ................... (Name and Phone# of Embassy given hospital). Applicant may contact any clinic to schedule their medical examination. Medical packets are available at the clinic or at (Embassy given website)

If you reside in (City Embassy is located), you may obtain the police certificate at the police headquarters, (Headquarters Address given). If not, you may obtain it from the police headquarters in your locality. Once you have completed the DS260 and obtained a new police/medical report you may return to the US Consulate any day Monday through Thursday (except U.S and Country of residence holidays), from 7:00am-10:00am for oath taking. You must bring a copy of this email, your international passport and your police/medical report

***CGI GREETERS: PLEASE ADMIT THE BEARER OF THIS EMAIL.***

4 hours ago, Franco007 said:

Below is the email but i took out the Names, Addresses and Country of residence.

Dear ................... :

Your waiver application has been approved and we are in receipt of the notice of approval. You please visit www.state.gov to re-submit the online Form DS-260 before appearing for the interview as the previous immigrant visa application is expired.   

You should also update your medical and police report. We only accept medical examinations from the ................... (Name and Phone# of Embassy given hospital) or  ................... (Name and Phone# of Embassy given hospital). Applicant may contact any clinic to schedule their medical examination. Medical packets are available at the clinic or at (Embassy given website)

If you reside in (City Embassy is located), you may obtain the police certificate at the police headquarters, (Headquarters Address given). If not, you may obtain it from the police headquarters in your locality. Once you have completed the DS260 and obtained a new police/medical report you may return to the US Consulate any day Monday through Thursday (except U.S and Country of residence holidays), from 7:00am-10:00am for oath taking. You must bring a copy of this email, your international passport and your police/medical report

***CGI GREETERS: PLEASE ADMIT THE BEARER OF THIS EMAIL.***

Thanks very much, this is very helpful, and maybe my last question on this mater, how long did it take for you to get this email after the approval from USCIS.

7 hours ago, Michealla said:

Thanks very much, this is very helpful, and maybe my last question on this mater, how long did it take for you to get this email after the approval from USCIS.

Submitted I-601.................... December 29, 2016

Approved I-601..................... March 23, 2018 

Consulate Instructions.......... April 03, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.