928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2017 at 7:14 AM, 0725 said:

Hey! My husband had his interview on Sunday and they updated his case on that day and then again today, were there many updates on the CEAC site when you were waiting for your husband's case or did they start doing updates when they were getting ready to issue his visa? Also, how long after the updates did they issue it to you? And about how many updates did they make? 

any updates after the interview or you're still waiting.. please update us. thnak 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 8/13/2017 at 11:20 PM, ahmed alin said:

do you guys know if the embassy provides interpreter services for arabic or you need to bring with you a translator? and also if you have interview appointment at 7:30 how early you need to be at the embassy? this regards Djibouti embassy , Thanks 

You don't need to bring a translator. They have people that speak Arabic in the embassy from what I have heard.

Always better to be early than late so they don't give you any trouble, so I would say be there by 6:45- 7:00 a.m.

1 hour ago, H93 said:

For those with august appointments, did you guys ever get an email from NVC asking you what country you want your case to be transferred? When did you get that email?

My brother suppose to have his this week. And we never got that email. But on day of the interview, when he went to the first window before handling his documents, they asked him if he completed form ds-5535, which we didn't know about it, and they asked him to fill that form in later time and drop the form to the embassy and email the embassy for rescheduling the interview. I heard people are been asked to fill that form nowdays. which we did and waiting to hear back from the embassy. anyone had similar situation? and do you think we will get interview anytime soon? please help, Thanks 

Timeline
8 hours ago, ahmed alin said:

My brother suppose to have his this week. And we never got that email. But on day of the interview, when he went to the first window before handling his documents, they asked him if he completed form ds-5535, which we didn't know about it, and they asked him to fill that form in later time and drop the form to the embassy and email the embassy for rescheduling the interview. I heard people are been asked to fill that form nowdays. which we did and waiting to hear back from the embassy. anyone had similar situation? and do you think we will get interview anytime soon? please help, Thanks 

That is valuable information. I hope everyone with upcoming appointments gets a chance to see this and fill out form DS 5535.

When did you give them that form? How long ago?

Edited by H93

Timeline
1 hour ago, ahmed alin said:

We did on Tuesday and emailed the embassy on Wednesday, and still waiting to hear back..  

It seems they give out appointments at the end of each month so your brother might get another appointment at the end of this month.

Timeline

DS-5535 thx for the info. Right now my wife has an appointment on 22 of august and we're in the Sudan. Seems like we can't leave until Sunday because that's when Djibouti consulate in Sudan opens. Hopefully we'll have time to get medical on Monday and interview on Tuesday

1 hour ago, Shamwow said:

DS-5535 thx for the info. Right now my wife has an appointment on 22 of august and we're in the Sudan. Seems like we can't leave until Sunday because that's when Djibouti consulate in Sudan opens. Hopefully we'll have time to get medical on Monday and interview on Tuesday

doing medical exam one day before the interview thats tough, you should email the consular and tell them your situation, i don't know about Sudan, but in Djibouti they required at least week before the interview and if you don't do so, theyll cancel your apptmnt.  are you going to hand carry the medical results or the clinic will send them to consular? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ahmed alin said:

doing medical exam one day before the interview thats tough, you should email the consular and tell them your situation, i don't know about Sudan, but in Djibouti they required at least week before the interview and if you don't do so, theyll cancel your apptmnt.  are you going to hand carry the medical results or the clinic will send them to consular? 

From what I know everyone takes their own medical exam packet to the interview and as long as you have it when you interview, that's all that matters. What did your brother do?

Timeline

From what I heard Noone takes the medical packet but a letter from the clinic saying u had the exam. The packet is sent by the clinic to the embassy. Also I didn't have a choice by coming late because we couldn't find any earlier flights out of yemen. The airlines are packed since the ships are not going. I booked my flight 3 weeks in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.