coocco

Timeline for Two-years rule waiver March 2017

18 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello,

I am applying to H1B from J-1 visa, but I am subject to the two-years rule. I was reading all different forums and it seems that DOS is giving a response in 6-8 weeks. NOS from French embassy was received on Dec, 19th, 2016. Since that date no answer. I tried to contact DOS but I had the same answer, that they are processing applications with respect of time of reception. Anyone is having the same problem? Here my timeline :

Statement of Reason    Received    June, 14 2016

Passport Data Page      Received    June, 14 2016

Form DS-2019              Received    June, 14 2016

Form DS-3035              Received    June, 14 2016

Fee                               Received    June, 14 2016

Incomplete Inf. letter    Sent           Oct., 5, 2016 

No Objection Stat.       Received    Dec, 19 2016

thanks

Simone 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 3:57 AM, coocco said:

Hello,

I am applying to H1B from J-1 visa, but I am subject to the two-years rule. I was reading all different forums and it seems that DOS is giving a response in 6-8 weeks. NOS from French embassy was received on Dec, 19th, 2016. Since that date no answer. I tried to contact DOS but I had the same answer, that they are processing applications with respect of time of reception. Anyone is having the same problem? Here my timeline :

Statement of Reason    Received    June, 14 2016

Passport Data Page      Received    June, 14 2016

Form DS-2019              Received    June, 14 2016

Form DS-3035              Received    June, 14 2016

Fee                               Received    June, 14 2016

Incomplete Inf. letter    Sent           Oct., 5, 2016 

No Objection Stat.       Received    Dec, 19 2016

thanks

Simone 

Hi Simone,

did you get favorable recommendation from DOS? I got it in Feb 1st (after more than 11 weeks!) and received receipt notice from USCIS on Feb 7th...my i612 is still pending. 

2 hours ago, coocco said:

Hi Scarlet, unfortunately still pending... I start to loose hopes as I am beyond 12 weeks. I tried to contact them by email but I receive all the same text saying that they are processing requests in order. Frustrating ! 

I understand you! In my case DOS received all my documents on mid November so one month before you and I got the recommendation on Feb1st so you should receive a response soon. After that it seems that we will have a long wait at USCIS to get the final waiver. If you don't get a response from DOS this month you should contact a local congressman and ask for help. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

You are still in the DOS stage. Looks like they sent you a letter because of incomplete information - did you respond to that and provide them the relevant details?

What program were you on under 2YHRR? Depending on that, DOS might also request sponsor views.

Remember that processing times of 6-8 weeks apply when DOS receives ALL required documentation, not from the time of submission.

Timeline
On 3/25/2017 at 0:08 AM, KurosawaSan said:

You are still in the DOS stage. Looks like they sent you a letter because of incomplete information - did you respond to that and provide them the relevant details?

What program were you on under 2YHRR? Depending on that, DOS might also request sponsor views.

Remember that processing times of 6-8 weeks apply when DOS receives ALL required documentation, not from the time of submission.

Hello KurosawaSan, 

The french embassy sent everything on Dec 19th, or more than 90 days ago (so it is 19th of December that they received all the documentation). The incomplete information was related to October 5th. I work at NASA under cooperative agreement with UMBC. it is then NASA funding UMBC to pay my salary. Cheers. 

On 3/26/2017 at 7:27 AM, coocco said:

Hello KurosawaSan, 

The french embassy sent everything on Dec 19th, or more than 90 days ago (so it is 19th of December that they received all the documentation). The incomplete information was related to October 5th. I work at NASA under cooperative agreement with UMBC. it is then NASA funding UMBC to pay my salary. Cheers. 

In bocca al lupo! 

Timeline

Crepi il lupo :)

I got news, On March 29 the status update. Now it shows:

Form DS-2019 Requested March, 29 2017

Incomplete information Letter Sent, March 29, 2017

I still haven't received the letter, but I sent all the DS2019 in my possession. One is for two years, then I am not sure what they are requesting. 

On 3/31/2017 at 1:45 AM, coocco said:

I still haven't received the letter, but I sent all the DS2019 in my possession. One is for two years, then I am not sure what they are requesting. 

It seems that some documents were missing or they lost one of your DS2019.

On 3/31/2017 at 1:45 AM, coocco said:

So my I-612 was approved today! Finally!!!!

Just now, Coco8 said:

Would you mind sharing your full timeline for completeness?

After favorable recommendation USCIS received my case in Feb 7th
I received the receipt n. in Feb 11th

Approved in Apr 6th but the website was updated this morning.

Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Subject

Item Action Date
212(e) Finding Letter Sent September, 09 2016
Form DS-2019 Received August, 08 2016
Advisory Opinion Request Received August, 08 2016
Department of State Decision: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent February, 01 2017
No Objection Statement Received November, 17 2016
Fee Received September, 22 2016
Form DS-3035 Received September, 22 2016
Form DS-2019 Received September, 22 2016
Passport Data Page Received September, 22 2016
Statement Of Reason Received September, 22 2016
Other Received September, 22 2016
DOS Case File Number Sent September, 22 2016

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, coocco said:

Dear all, finally, on 19th April 2017, I got the Favorable Recommandation. 

Congrats! But you are not done yet...You still have to wait until uscis approval notice; it may take two weeks or months. After two months I'll suggest you to contact the local congressman: I got the approval two days after he contacted USCIS Vermont!

Good luck

14 minutes ago, ScarletNIW said:

Congrats! But you are not done yet...You still have to wait until uscis approval notice; it may take two weeks or months. After two months I'll suggest you to contact the local congressman: I got the approval two days after he contacted USCIS Vermont!

Good luck

Yes, but if you need to do the H1-B you can still apply with the favorable review and then UCSIS will decide both cases jointly (H1-B & waiver). 

(I'm still waiting to see if the waiver is approved. They need to request the "sponsor views" and I've sent an e-mail to see if they do it, but it has been 9 business days and they haven't replied.) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.