KitchieA

RFE checklist review and the long wait

3 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

HI all, 

After 17 weeks of waiting for documents to be  reviewed we got a checklist. Now we are at on our 4th week of supervisor review (on the 11th week since they received RFE). I saw some post about  people asking for assistance from their congressman, I"m considering maybe it's time to ask for help. How do I that? Can my employer or lawyer do that for me. I know most of us has to wait but I have been waiting for this since 2007. Thanks guys.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
18 hours ago, KitchieA said:

HI all, 

After 17 weeks of waiting for documents to be  reviewed we got a checklist. Now we are at on our 4th week of supervisor review (on the 11th week since they received RFE). I saw some post about  people asking for assistance from their congressman, I"m considering maybe it's time to ask for help. How do I that? Can my employer or lawyer do that for me. I know most of us has to wait but I have been waiting for this since 2007. Thanks guys.

@KitchieA have you been calling NVC for updates? I would start there and see what they say. What kind of visa are you getting? If its family based then the USC can contact their congressman/senator to get assistance and find out why you are delayed.

You could also try the DHS ombudsman for assistance, if you meet their criteria -- https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

Good luck!

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.