Lee & Lei

Terrified I messed up (CR1)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

My wife and I both live in Kuwait, I am an American citizen and she is a Filipino. I am sponsoring her for a CR1 visa.

I filed her I-130 packet to the Chicago lockbox and the tracking shows Delivered on Feb 10. The check was cashed on Feb 14. I still have not received any communication from them.

What worries me is that the address shown in my packet is my current overseas address where I live with her, and I cannot receive mail there. It is an apartment without a mailbox/post office. My email address was in the G-1145, but I also believe I screwed up because I put that form underneath the Cover Letter, so maybe they didn't see it. What do I do? Is there a way I can contact them and explain to them my situation? What course of action should I take? Please help me! I just realized this and I am about on the verge of tears, believing I doomed the process from the start.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jawaree said:

One can do change of address online or call

be sure you use a solid physical address,

they will find your G1145. Its not so bad

for tears 

Thanks, I found the USCIS number online so I will just wait a few hours for them to open and then give them a call. I hope everything works out. 

Timeline
Just now, Jawaree said:

It should they'll give you directions

I've read some discouraging things about dealing with them though.... like they'll repeatedly tell you just go online to update the address -- that would be all well and good if I had my case number, which I don't. So that will be the first thing I try to explain to them, I guess... Tell them "Hi I am calling because I realized my mailing address in my CR-1 petition was incorrect, and I haven't yet received my 1-130 case number." Think that will be okay?

7 hours ago, knightofdight said:

Thanks, I found the USCIS number online so I will just wait a few hours for them to open and then give them a call. I hope everything works out. 

Good luck.. 

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

7 hours ago, knightofdight said:

I've read some discouraging things about dealing with them though.... like they'll repeatedly tell you just go online to update the address -- that would be all well and good if I had my case number, which I don't. So that will be the first thing I try to explain to them, I guess... Tell them "Hi I am calling because I realized my mailing address in my CR-1 petition was incorrect, and I haven't yet received my 1-130 case number." Think that will be okay?

Don't get discouraged. While waiting for the time they open. You may scroll this website on the guidelines, it may help you a lot. Good luck 

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Post containing false accusation removed along with posts quoting or referring to it.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Just an update:

I attempted to call the USCIS number several times and wasn't able to get through, only getting an automated service telling me their hours of operation. Finally, after 7 pm my time (8 am PACIFIC time -- why did it have to be PACIFIC time...) I was able to get ahold of a person. I explained my situation and they escalated me to Tier 2, where I submitted my number through an automated service for a call back (estimated waiting time was 260 minutes). I went to bed and eventually they called me, and the T2 representative I spoke to was EXTREMELY helpful. After providing some personal information, she looked up my file which had already made it to the service center, respectfully answered all my questions, processed a change of address, and was even able to provide my receipt number over the phone.

Overall, I was incredibly satisfied and happy with USCIS's level of support, which goes contrary to everything I've ever read. This is a huge weight off, as now I feel like I am back on track for this process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.