itsy_bitsy

Petition for Parents Approved, Received NVC Welcome Packet

9 posts in this topic

Hey all, first I hope your petitions are going smoothly :). I received the approval for my petitions last month and was waiting for a mail from NVC about any update, only to find out that I had emails from them sitting in my inbox for a week, ?. So I received 4 welcome packets and if you don't mind, I have questions /need clarifications on the following:

1. I have 2 PAOSF 1-30, each has the same case number and invoice number as the applicant. (PAOSF 1 has the same case and invoice numbers as my mom's, and PAOSF 2 has the same case and invoice numbers as my dad's). Just wanted to make sure this is typical, and I'm assuming the PAOSFs are basically just my copies of the applicant's welcome letter, yeah?
2.  I only need to pay one AOS fee for both petitions, which means I only need to spend $120 for both parents, correct?

3.  Document Cover Sheet - I don't understand the part where NVC says send photocopies of the listed docs to them. Since my parents will bring with them the documents needed to the US Embassy in Manila on their interview, do they still have to send me photocopies of their documents for NVC? How will that work? I mean, they'll email me the photocopies (knowing the Philippine post office reputation, this could take weeks if not months) to me, then I'll email them to NVC once they get here? ?  Enlighten me please.

Edited by itsy_bitsy

Timeline

A petition wes made on both my husband my behalf in Aug 2016, approval was received in October 2016.  AOS have already submitted, only $120.00 was paid for both.  I submitted copies electronically to my son for submission to nvc.  We will take originals when we go for our interview.  My husband's invoice and myself had a different number.

44 minutes ago, terrificlady said:

A petition wes made on both my husband my behalf in Aug 2016, approval was received in October 2016.  AOS have already submitted, only $120.00 was paid for both.  I submitted copies electronically to my son for submission to nvc.  We will take originals when we go for our interview.  My husband's invoice and myself had a different number.

Thank you for your reply. Just to make sure I understood you correctly, your son petitioned you and his dad/your husband. You gave him all the documents the NVC required from you and your husband through email, and then he just had to print them out and mailed them to NVC. Is this correct?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 9:25 AM, terrificlady said:

IR 5 - I called NVC this morning and was told Case Completed: June 6, 2017  ! I am really happy about this.

I just saw this. Congratulations!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.