j N j

Suggestions for a pre paid Bank card for PI use

36 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, j N j said:

Having some issues setting up my BDO account online..once I do, then I can see my banker to do the rest from their end. The remitly seems easy enough.. I tried calling BDO to no avail, any suggestions? not sure what account I am trying to set up, either a checking, savings acct.

I don't know honestly about setting up a BDO account online. What I was talking about is that you already had a BDO account open like your wife's or fiances, then you just send money to it. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe he already has a BDO account, just having issue getting the online banking access.   We had issue with that also.. very annoying how they do it, we didn't get it completed until our next trip to the Phils.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

WF customer service  will help set it up. One call and ours was up and running.  Been using it for 5 years now and not one problem.  It just works. ;)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sagot said:

I believe he already has a BDO account, just having issue getting the online banking access.   We had issue with that also.. very annoying how they do it, we didn't get it completed until our next trip to the Phils.

I do not have a BDO account yet, that why I was trying to set one up.

56 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

WF customer service  will help set it up. One call and ours was up and running.  Been using it for 5 years now and not one problem.  It just works. ;)

My WF banker told me that I needed to set one up online 1st, then go back to my branch to be completed.

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Your in a "pickle". Looks like you or someone else needs to open your account from the Philippines. You may need to do you are there. Once opened call WF and link your accounts.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
10 hours ago, j N j said:

I do not have a BDO account yet, that why I was trying to set one up.

My WF banker told me that I needed to set one up online 1st, then go back to my branch to be completed.

KISS ... Keep It Simple S_ _ _ _ _        

Use REMITLY to send money to a payment center.  For most payment centers if the amount is over 40,000 Php they tend ask you to come back the next day, so use BDO (or any bigger bank) to pickup money when in larger amounts - never an issue then.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Sagot said:

KISS ... Keep It Simple S_ _ _ _ _        

Use REMITLY to send money to a payment center.  For most payment centers if the amount is over 40,000 Php they tend ask you to come back the next day, so use BDO (or any bigger bank) to pickup money when in larger amounts - never an issue then.

Trust me, Im trying to keep it simple

Timeline
3 hours ago, j N j said:

Trust me, Im trying to keep it simple

If you do not have a Philippine bank account yet and plan to open one once here, it is extremely easy to get REMITLY setup to withdraw money from your WF account and direct deposit into your Philippine bank account.

One thing I do suggest is making sure you have your online banking with the Philippines bank setup before leaving.  We didn't do that a few years back, open the account with BDO, then tried to access from the USA.. nope, wasn't happening.  We had to wait until we were back in the Phils, then it required a trip to an ATM machine to enter a code.. after that the online banking has worked very well.   (heck I changed U.S. banks while here in the Phils, then changed REMITLY over.. no issues)

As for sending money, I have used most all of them and I have stayed with REMITLY.  Using this link will get you a $30 gift card (for a variety of stores)      http://remit.ly/@pypvga

Edited by Sagot

Timeline
11 hours ago, Sagot said:

If you do not have a Philippine bank account yet and plan to open one once here, it is extremely easy to get REMITLY setup to withdraw money from your WF account and direct deposit into your Philippine bank account.

One thing I do suggest is making sure you have your online banking with the Philippines bank setup before leaving.  We didn't do that a few years back, open the account with BDO, then tried to access from the USA.. nope, wasn't happening.  We had to wait until we were back in the Phils, then it required a trip to an ATM machine to enter a code.. after that the online banking has worked very well.   (heck I changed U.S. banks while here in the Phils, then changed REMITLY over.. no issues)

As for sending money, I have used most all of them and I have stayed with REMITLY.  Using this link will get you a $30 gift card (for a variety of stores)      http://remit.ly/@pypvga

I talked with my Fiances Niece today, and shes going to allow me to transfer funds into her Metro bank remittance account. I just need her info and go to my local WF branch to complete it..

Timeline

You will then need her ATM card to access your money... correct?

Limit at most ATMs is P10,000 per transaction.  I have done three transactions one after another no issue, but on the forth one the machine "hiccuped"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sagot said:

You will then need her ATM card to access your money... correct?

Yes, I will just have her withdraw $$ when I arrive there. I really dont want to rely on anyone for this, but my mind wants to explode with all the new banking terminology. :wacko:

Sometimes it's not easy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Sometimes it's not easy.

HAHA, tell me about it.. When I get there, I can open my own account to work with.. HOPEFULLY.

Edited by j N j

Timeline
12 hours ago, j N j said:

HAHA, tell me about it.. When I get there, I can open my own account to work with.. HOPEFULLY.

You won't be able to open an account without an ACR card or LTO drivers license, or both.  You will have to rely on your fiancee for that.

Filed: Timeline

Charles Schwab bank offers a debit card that you can use internationally and you don't pay any ATM fees or foreign transaction fees.  At the end of the month, they refund any ATM fees charged.  It saves a lot of fees if you are overseas for extended amount of time.

You just have to open a brokerage account and then a investor checking account.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.