Victor0114

Lost My Greedcard - I-9 Evidence Question

4 posts in this topic

I recently had my wallet stolen :( which had my green card in it and i'm trying to fill out the I-90 form. I am at the evidence upload part and I am unsure about the USCIS notices part. 

USCIS Notices USCIS requires copies of Notices if you are submitting this application because you have not received your card, or you have been automatically converted to permanent resident status, or to determine your eligibility for the requested immigration benefit. 

Examples:
  • Notice of Action (Form I-797) for Forms I-698, I-485, I-751, I-829, I-90, I-700 or EOIR-42B
  • Other correspondence from USCIS

I have a scanned copy of my unexpired green card on my computer and situations described in section do not apply to me, "because you have not received your card, or you have been automatically converted to permanent resident status, or to determine your eligibility for the requested immigration benefit" Can I submit my application without this form??

Edited by Victor0114

~~moved to general immigration from AOS family based.  Topic is not about AOS.~~

You have to pay the fee to get your green card replaced. 

Reason for Application

Form Fee

Biometric Services

Total

(A) My card has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.

$455

$85

$540

I'm not sure where you're seeing this notice anywhere? It also doesn't apply to you because it says "If you are requesting a new card BECAUSE of these reasons then submit this" but you are not requesting a card for those reasons so you don't submit those items. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

you don't qualify for that section.  You received your card.  It was stolen.  I hope you reported it to the police.  You don't need any of those notices because you received your card originally.  Those are for people who never got a card when they were supposed to and it's not their fault.  You have to pay the fee to get a new card.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.