Hopeful diva

Need urgent help with pending i485 and i360

4 posts in this topic

please I need urgent help. I and my spouse filed an I-485 in December 2016. January 2017, he assaulted me and I filed a VAWA application I-360 same month as assault. I received my notice this February, saying the i360 application was received and fee waived. Now the problem is, I just received an RFE for the pending I-485 concerning the affidavit of support but cannot fulfill the RFE because I am no longer with my spouse( we are separated currently). What do I do? Can I withdraw the current I-485 and file another i485 with my vawa notice? Also if I file, do I file to Vermont same place where I filed my i360. also should I file a new EAD and work permit? 

Or

is there a way that the old i485 can be merged with my i360? But what happens to the RFE that is being requested? 

Thanks 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

please I need urgent help. I and my spouse filed an I-485 in December 2016. January 2017, he assaulted me and I filed a VAWA application I-360 same month as assault. I received my notice this February, saying the i360 application was received and fee waived. Now the problem is, I just received an RFE for the pending I-485 concerning the affidavit of support but cannot fulfill the RFE because I am no longer with my spouse( we are separated currently). What do I do? Can I withdraw the current I-485 and file another i485 with my vawa notice? Also if I file, do I file to Vermont same place where I filed my i360. also should I file a new EAD and work permit? 

Or

is there a way that the old i485 can be merged with my i360? But what happens to the RFE that is being requested? 

Thanks 

That was quick, AOS and VAWA. Maybe you still get back together? Is it possible to fix you marriage?

Tasha

1 minute ago, EricTasha said:

That was quick, AOS and VAWA. Maybe you still get back together? Is it possible to fix you marriage?

Tasha

We have been married for two years 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hopeful diva said:

We have been married for two years 

Sorry. Don't answer RFE and they automatically cancel your 1st application.

360, I am not sure what goes with VAWA, check the forum, please.

I am very sorry about your hard time

Tasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.