kmking

221g and second interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

After my 221g, my case is now back to uscis, they have give me 180 days to hear from them or if they may need either information they will tell me, 

Please is any body here have any experience of what they may request from me before my second interview. And also what is the decision will they decide , please can any one give me general ideal about my second interview. Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

can you please tell us what their reasons for denial was ?

And  you tell us how long your waiting time  was from your 221g denial  to hearing from uscis .

Filed: Other Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Jobortei said:

And  you tell us how long your waiting time  was from your 221g denial  to hearing from uscis .

Our case has been with uscis since may 25, 2016. And anytime I call they tell me the still workin on it so the 180 days to me means nothing. Just forget about Yur case  so u won't be stressed out. You hear from them when they are done.

Timeline

Take time and file your timeline...You will get better answers when people know what stage you are at.

But at USCIS, you just wait.."don't forget about your case" so that you don't miss any request.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

11 hours ago, kmking said:

After my 221g, my case is now back to uscis, they have give me 180 days to hear from them or if they may need either information they will tell me, 

Please is any body here have any experience of what they may request from me before my second interview. And also what is the decision will they decide , please can any one give me general ideal about my second interview. Thank you 

I'm under 221g and got my second interview last week. Before my interview they ask me to send my fiance's case information for his misdemeanor. My second interview, they just disclosed it to me and ask me if I would still marry him after all his violation disclosed to me. Then I got approved. :) Be positive and patient. They won't ask for a second interview if they'll just deny you. You're just under AP of getting your Visa ready in the future. 

P.S: it basically base on my own experience.  I hope you'll get approved soon. Good Luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When your file is sent back to uscis it takes a long time before you hear anything.  These days its been taking a year or more before you get the NOIR/NOID where they tell you why they sent it back.  You then will have 30 to tell them your side of the story and to submit all evidence requested.  At that point they can reaffirm your petition where they send it back to NVC and then back to the embassy for your next interview.  My suggestion is just keep getting more evidence of your relationship.  Its much easier than waiting till the end to gather everything.  To give you an idea, Ours was sent back to NVC in Mar 2015, finally reached USCIS  in July 2015.  We finally received our NOIR in Aug 2016,  reaffirmed in Oct 2016, sent back to the embassy in Dec 2016.  Second interview scheduled for Apr 2017.  Hope yours doesn't take as long, but from what I have been seeing its about the normal  timeline.  Good luck

Timeline
On 2/15/2017 at 1:29 PM, Jobortei said:

The Co ,said she think am still in relationship with my children mother, to be frank am not, she was in relationship with another man,and now I got some proof from her Facebook which means she is dating someone, my 221g  too state,I will hear from them 6 months time, and now is 7 months 

Timeline
On 2/15/2017 at 8:15 PM, DeeCSC said:

When your file is sent back to uscis it takes a long time before you hear anything.  These days its been taking a year or more before you get the NOIR/NOID where they tell you why they sent it back.  You then will have 30 to tell them your side of the story and to submit all evidence requested.  At that point they can reaffirm your petition where they send it back to NVC and then back to the embassy for your next interview.  My suggestion is just keep getting more evidence of your relationship.  Its much easier than waiting till the end to gather everything.  To give you an idea, Ours was sent back to NVC in Mar 2015, finally reached USCIS  in July 2015.  We finally received our NOIR in Aug 2016,  reaffirmed in Oct 2016, sent back to the embassy in Dec 2016.  Second interview scheduled for Apr 2017.  Hope yours doesn't take as long, but from what I have been seeing its about the normal  timeline.  Good luck

Hi, did your case expire with the national visa center I just checked mine and it says so since it been over a year and please tell me how yu went about it cos uscis is still holding onto the case and visa center says it expired . I'm confused ?‍♀️ 

Timeline

Noboeht mine at one time said it expired.  I was really pissed since I had been in contact with USCIS at least once a month by phone.  I  then called again and talked with a supervisor.  He told me now to worry it was not an issue.  My suggestion is to keep calling USCIS and NVC to keep checking.  I don't know the difference between cr1 and your F2A so there might be different rules for yours. Good Luck

Timeline
15 hours ago, DeeCSC said:

Noboeht mine at one time said it expired.  I was really pissed since I had been in contact with USCIS at least once a month by phone.  I  then called again and talked with a supervisor.  He told me now to worry it was not an issue.  My suggestion is to keep calling USCIS and NVC to keep checking.  I don't know the difference between cr1 and your F2A so there might be different rules for yours. Good Luck

I called them more often until my congressman told me Uscis says they are still reviewing it but returned cases are review in other in which the recieve them but it will take up to a year for them to finish the review. That is from the date they received it. Dis expiring soon thing just popped up on the NVC  websit . I called today only to be told that it was an error and that my case is with uscis. I will call tomorrow too to talk to a different representative to check what is going on. But my question to you is how long did it take for that error of expiration to disappear on NVC websit ?

Timeline

Mine said expiring soon for a long time.  Then it said it was expired and that all the paperwork involved with my case were destroyed and I could refile if I wanted,  When it changed to that I went crazy, calling everyone including the Embassy.  All the people told me the same thing, not to worry you case is still fine, which is was so don't stress.  Our case was at USCIS for 13 1/2 months before I got the NOIR.  The time starts from the date USCIS receives it, not the date it  was sent back for the embassy.  It should be on the USCIS website not the CEAC website.  That is the only one that matters now.  Once is finally gets reaffirmed and sent back to NVC you will see an update, mine is back to Administrative Process.  Hope you hear something good soon

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I went crazy on the expiring soon also called all of them then I asked my lawyer she said it wS ok they said was ok but a lady in this forum suggests send email to each place do you have a paper trail I believe this is very good advice. Also I found they don't start on your case until it's at the Uscis for a year from the date they receive it . They are back logged now I think. Interview August 16 2015 case returned Jan 1, They USCIS, received our file march 1 2016, I got notice was being security checks done on it still is why so long, so I think few more months. Email about the expiring soon on yours then get ready for a wait. Get us citizen to visit you and stay if possible to get the doubt about the ex cleared up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.