Pascal

EAD and AP, CHICAGO IL OFFICE (merged)

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** 4 threads on the same issue merged.  Please do not create more than one thread on an issue'/ problem.  If you have a follow-on question or update, post it as a reply to this topic ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys,

Quick question about the AP form. I have looked at the guide on how to fill it is, and there is a section on the travel date, but what if you don't have one?

I have no plans to leave the US, but say I want to go back to the UK for Christmas, should I just put in some dates over Christmas, or can I leave that section blank? I want to include AP in my AOS packet, but have no planned travel dates yet.

Any help would be wonderful.

Cheers.

Timeline

One more quick question!

On the EAD form, it has a tick box on if you have ever been arrested / convicted of a fine.

I received a Minor in Possession of Alcohol back in 2010 and have declared this on my DS-160, medical exam and I-485 so will be ticking yes. In the instructions, it says to enclose a certified copy of the court records - something I have done for the I-485. I will be sending the EAD off with the AOS, do I need to request another copy, or can I write a supplement letter and write the court case copy is in with the I-485? I don't know if the AOS/AP/EAD gets split up from each other; if they all get reviewed by the same officer, he/she will see the case and can refer back to it.

Again, any advice would be superb.

9 minutes ago, Absolutely said:

One more quick question!

On the EAD form, it has a tick box on if you have ever been arrested / convicted of a fine.

I received a Minor in Possession of Alcohol back in 2010 and have declared this on my DS-160, medical exam and I-485 so will be ticking yes. In the instructions, it says to enclose a certified copy of the court records - something I have done for the I-485. I will be sending the EAD off with the AOS, do I need to request another copy, or can I write a supplement letter and write the court case copy is in with the I-485? I don't know if the AOS/AP/EAD gets split up from each other; if they all get reviewed by the same officer, he/she will see the case and can refer back to it.

Again, any advice would be superb.

You only have to answer this question if you are of the eligibility category c35 or c36 as it is described in the questions. You are adjusting from a K1 so you don't fall under the category. 

43 minutes ago, Absolutely said:

Hi guys,

Quick question about the AP form. I have looked at the guide on how to fill it is, and there is a section on the travel date, but what if you don't have one?

I have no plans to leave the US, but say I want to go back to the UK for Christmas, should I just put in some dates over Christmas, or can I leave that section blank? I want to include AP in my AOS packet, but have no planned travel dates yet.

Any help would be wonderful.

Cheers.

Follow the example forms on VJ... leave it blank. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

You only have to answer this question if you are of the eligibility category c35 or c36 as it is described in the questions. You are adjusting from a K1 so you don't fall under the category. 

Ah fantastic, I did not spot that at all, thank you so much for pointing that out!

Also, is the filing fee still $0 for the EAD/AP? They are still included in the AOS price even after the price increase in December if filing under (c)(9)?

2 minutes ago, Absolutely said:

Ah fantastic, I did not spot that at all, thank you so much for pointing that out!

Also, is the filing fee still $0 for the EAD/AP? They are still included in the AOS price even after the price increase in December if filing under (c)(9)?

No problem at all! Yes it's included in the 1225USD for the AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.