MrsSmith26

K1 Jamaica, Medical and Immunization

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone! 

My fiance lost his immunization records. We are looking to schedule his medical pretty soon and we are unsure of what to do about the records. Will he just have to take the shots again? If so, do you know which ones? Also, could he do it at a local clinic, which is cheaper, rather than at St Andrew's? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They should be able to test at his medical to check what immunizations he has already had.

Also sometimes getting immunizations done at a local clinic, prior to his medical can mess things up because they forget to give one, or ones they give are wrong and then the actual medical can not be performed because they have to have certian amount of time in between shots.

Best thing to do is just go as is to the medical. Try to find or get new records of his immunizations though if possible.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

Thank you @Ben&Zian for replying! He has called everywhere trying to see if they have a copy of his records. Because it's been over 10 years since he's needed shots, no one has his records. Even his old college doesn't have a copy. I told him to see if he can be tested for antibodies to see which ones are in his system but I forget what happened with that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see at his medical. 

Edited by MrsSmith26
Misspelled a word

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I did mine without having my immunization card. You can get shots done at a clinic before going to Andrews, it's cheaper. You can also, just go to the medical and you will get all vaccines required. Vaccines depend on the age of the person. I only got Tdap when I went. Varicella is also given if you have not had it or if you have not had chicken pox. I had chicken pox as a kid so they did not give me varicella. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
2 hours ago, Keas said:

I did mine without having my immunization card. You can get shots done at a clinic before going to Andrews, it's cheaper. You can also, just go to the medical and you will get all vaccines required. Vaccines depend on the age of the person. I only got Tdap when I went. Varicella is also given if you have not had it or if you have not had chicken pox. I had chicken pox as a kid so they did not give me varicella. 

Thank you! We talked about looking into it from a local clinic bit it just may be easier to wait and get it from St Andrew's, although it'll be more expensive. He doesn't like needles so we'd hate to get some unnecessary shots.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There are posts here on vj stating that the vaccines are more expensive at Andrews. He can go the the local clinic and get his vaccines. They will give him a card. He doesn't gave to worry about getting records from then because I think boosters should be given aften ten years anyhow ( stand to be corrected).

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for the replies everyone. Babe recently had his medical and had to get 4 shots which we figured was best done at St Andrew's instead of a local clinic. Everything all together cost about 35k which is about 300 US. He had extra so we were happy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.