MXcompadre

2017 Consulate Ciudad Juarez with regard to whether Police certificate(s) are required for interview???

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Saludos Visa Journey compadres y amigos.

We're on the countdown preparation to/for a March 22, 2017 IR-1/CR-1 Immigration Visa interview at the Consulate Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico.  Having done extensive research, we are still uncertain as to the requirement(s)/need for police record certificate(s) for the interview and their availability in Mexico.  The resource references I found are as follows;

1. This post is a recap of an interview with the NVC in 2015 - "Questions for the National Visa Center (NVC) Posed During the NVC-AILA DOS Liaison Committee Meeting Portsmouth, New Hampshire November 3, 2015" This is the web-link for the entire in depth interview =  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/NVC AILA Meeting QAs_Nov2015.pdf   

The following paragraph is the specific reference with regard to 'Police Certificates for Mexico"  

10. Police Certificates for Mexico The reciprocity schedule for Mexico recently began requiring three different police certificates from the three main policing agencies in Mexico: Municipal Police (Policía Municipal); State Police (Fiscalia General del Estado de XXX); and Federal Police (Procuraduría General de la República). The reciprocity schedule states that records are not generally shared between the policing agencies which leads to the need for police clearances from all three policing agencies when "there are concerns about a subject’s criminal history." Are all applicants from Mexico required to submit all three police certificates or only required for applicants who have a criminal history? RESPONSE: The reciprocity tables indicate that federal, state, and local police certificates are all “generally available.” DOS is currently reviewing whether these are all necessary. In the meantime, there is no change to the documentary requirements for Ciudad Juarez IV cases and applicants are not currently required to submit all three. Note, however, that the consular officer may request one or more of these if an issue arises.

And this is a web-link to an April 1998 Form DSL-1083 document which specifically specifies "Do not attempt to obtain police certificates covering residence in any of the following countries, as they are not available:"  = http://www.visapro.com/Download/Form-DSL-1083.pdf.

Would appreciate feedback and/or input from individuals that have hd their IV interview with the last 90 days at the US Consulate Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. 

Mil gracias todos!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiancee just had his K1 interview at the consulate in Ciudad, Juarez last Friday and was approved.  We were concerned, also, about the requirement for the police certificates but we wanted to err on the cautious side and attempted to get police certificates from the municipal, state and federal police.  We were able to obtain the certificate from the municipal police and then traveled to another city and were able to obtain a certificate from the state police police.  In asking the state police an address to obtain a federal police certificate but we told by the officials at the state office that it wouldn't be required for the visa so we just took the two certificates.  The interviewer asked my fiancee if there had been any problems with the police and when my fiancee told him no, my fiancee offered the interviewer the certificates, which were in our folder.  The interviewer said it wasn't necessary for him to see them but I am sure if an interviewer requested that and the applicant did not have it there might be a problem so I would get at least the two certificates to be prepared just in case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Gracias Judy y Kiko! It's our plan to obtain the Estado y Municipal certificates; however, the DHS, US Embassy CDMX and Consulate Services Section Consulate Ciudad Juarez need/should update and clarify the information that they require each Immigration Visa applicant interviewee to have available/bring to their interview., especially with regard to Police Record Certificates. There's no reference or request with regard to having/obtaining/submitting 'Police Record Certificates' mentioned in the CDJ P4 'Interview Letter' sent from the Consulate Ciudad Juarez.  Go figure!        

Timeline

I have asked this question... I have seen at least 5 other people over time ask about the need for Police reports for the interview, and yet, each post gets 1 response or none. There HAS to be more people on this site that have done K1 or CR1 in Juarez that can help. The whole Federal Police report having to be obtained in Mexico City, is ridiculous and to expect anyone to pay a months salary for a flight should be taken into consideration. I REALLY hope that more people will chime in. I know this is one of our biggest annoyances thinking forward... cause if it isn't on the list of requirements for the interview, and then they ask for any of them there, and then give a RFE... that's not fair.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello. This is the current issue that my brother in law is facing. He was fingerprinted in the U.S., the Embassy in Chicago mailed 3 copies to Mexico City. The police are saying they need more information. My sister is hysterical, they leave for Juarez Monday. Can someone please help me.

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Good Morning,

I have a question and hoping someone could offer their experience. I am the petitioner and my fiancé is in Mexico. He will have his medical done in Mexico city and his interview in Juarez. My question is in reading the list of requirements and documentation. At the very bottom is states it is strongly advised that I attend the Interview in Juarez. What has been your experience is it necessary? The reason being is that im at a fairly new job and don't have the times also financial.

Thanks

R

Timeline
15 minutes ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Good Morning,

I have a question and hoping someone could offer their experience. I am the petitioner and my fiancé is in Mexico. He will have his medical done in Mexico city and his interview in Juarez. My question is in reading the list of requirements and documentation. At the very bottom is states it is strongly advised that I attend the Interview in Juarez. What has been your experience is it necessary? The reason being is that im at a fairly new job and don't have the times also financial.

Thanks

R

Hi, my sister just got back with her husband from his interview. Here is her email address is victoriadesario@gmail.com she is a great resource. It was very overwhelming and emotional journey. She will help you. Her name is Victoria.

Timeline
4 hours ago, TinaLaB said:

Hi, my sister just got back with her husband from his interview. Here is her email address is victoriadesario@gmail.com she is a great resource. It was very overwhelming and emotional journey. She will help you. Her name is Victoria.

Thank you Tina!

Roberto

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-2-15 at 0:13 PM, tab4768 said:

I have asked this question... I have seen at least 5 other people over time ask about the need for Police reports for the interview, and yet, each post gets 1 response or none. There HAS to be more people on this site that have done K1 or CR1 in Juarez that can help. The whole Federal Police report having to be obtained in Mexico City, is ridiculous and to expect anyone to pay a months salary for a flight should be taken into consideration. I REALLY hope that more people will chime in. I know this is one of our biggest annoyances thinking forward... cause if it isn't on the list of requirements for the interview, and then they ask for any of them there, and then give a RFE... that's not fair.

I've been stressing about it too now. and more lately.

I live in Estado de Mexico and there's a way to obtain "Antecedentes No penales" online and there's 2 options. One free and one you have pay for it.  I choosed the free one since it's the same document but without your picture on it.  I don't know if they will accept it in Juarez. And now I'm freaking out since I don't have enough time to go and get the other one.

I guess I'm gonna get denied over something so simple. It sucks.

K1 Visa

Spoiler
  • December 21, 2016 - Package Sent
  • December 23, 2016 - Package Received
  • January 05, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
  • January 11, 2017 - NOA1 mail
  • April 04, 2017 - Case Approved
  • April 10, 2017 - NOA2 mail
  • April 24, 2017 - NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned too.
  • April 26, 2017 - Consulate Received
  • May 04, 2017 - Packet 3 Letters Sent.
  • May 15, 2017 - Packet 3 Arrived in Mail
  • June 15 , 2017 - Medical
  • June 16 , 2017 - Biometrics
  • June 20 , 2017 - Interview / Approved! 
  • June 27 , 2017 - Visa on hand
  • June 29 , 2017 - POE / JFK Airport, New York

July 15, 2017:  W E D D I N G ! ! ! ! !

AOS

Spoiler

• Spoiler

• August 16, 2017 - AOS Package Sent / AOS, EAD, AP. Affidavit.
    • August 18, 2017 - Package Received
    • August 26, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
    • August 31, 2017 - NOA1 mail
    • September 05, 2017 - ASC Appoinment letter / mail
    • September 12, 2017 - ASC Appoinment
    • September 20, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    • October 28, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview --AGAIN-- ????
    • November 22, 2017 - EAD/AP  Approval letter in mail
    • November 27, 2017 - EAD/AP Card Received
    • July 24, 2018 - AOS Interview

• July 26, 2018 - AOS approval
  • August 03, 2018 - CARD IN HAND!!!  Finally!

•  

ROC

• May 12, 2020 - Package Sent
  • May 18, 2020 - Package Received
  • June 17, 2020 - Fingerprints letter saying they will use previous data
  • July 08, 2020 - NOA Received
  • December 14, 2020 - Case Update: New Card Being Produced - Email alert
  •  December 15, 2020 - Case Approved - Email alert
  • December 19, 2020 - Approval notice and card received.

:) 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, minemar said:

I've been stressing about it too now. and more lately.

I live in Estado de Mexico and there's a way to obtain "Antecedentes No penales" online and there's 2 options. One free and one you have pay for it.  I choosed the free one since it's the same document but without your picture on it.  I don't know if they will accept it in Juarez. And now I'm freaking out since I don't have enough time to go and get the other one.

I guess I'm gonna get denied over something so simple. It sucks.

Hi! My sister and her husband just returned from the interview on May 27. She can help you. Her email is victoriadesario@gmail.com her name is Vicki. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We only had time to get the state police which is in transit(DHL). We just sent our relative copy of passport and copy of birth certificate and she got it no problem. But in varies by state. Paid $100 pesos. In the DOS site it says to get it from the state you lived in. If you can't get state level then you need to get federal in Mexico City. But if you can't go to Mexico City then you have to go to the Mexican Embassy where they will take your finger prints then give you a package the next day so you can sent to Mexico to relatives for them to get it for you. But also you need to send them power of attorney letter, stamp passport, picture, stamp copy of birth certificate.(the stamp has to be done by consulate so they will accept it as original is what I kinda understood) its take PGR like 10 days. Sooo, it's better to fly to Mexico City get the carta de antecedentes no penales if you can't get the state. If you are in Mexico you can't get PGR one because the order needs to come from Mexican Embassy in US.That's why people who are in Mexico get the one from Mexico City with no problem. PGR and the one you get in Mexico City are both Federal Level. Right now we have our fingers crossed so DHL can make it on time. There is a guy going around that advertises that he can get the one from Mexico City in 5 days but I just don't trust and you shouldn't either. If they don't take our state level one worst case they will reschedule so we can fly to Mexico City. By the way I googled the Mexico City address and it's like a mile line. But in some reviews I read they say moves surprisingly quick. 

This has been bothering me so much, because there really isn't a lot of information out there. Do you guys know how old the antecedentes no penales can be?

I'm currently in Mexico City working, but just until July 31sth so I will be getting my carta (for a volunteering program that requires it) I won't get to the NVC stage in another two months at least. I don't know if they want them to be super fresh or a few months old is okay.  That would mean I'll have to do the carta poder for a relative, or come back. I lived in three different cities so if I get municipal, it's way more complicated for me to travel to those other places. This is such an expensive, stressful and frustrating process.

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

• 7 months later...

We are currently in Cd Juarez. Upon arriving we finally received proper info on where to obtain the Police Certificate here in Cd. Juarez. All the info I read was that it wasnt needed, but we decided to err on the side of caution and get one. Having found no info online, you can go to the "Fiscalia de Distritio Zone Norte." to obtain it. You need to bring a passport and proof of local residence, we used an invoice from the hotel since neither of us live in Mexico. They will not accept a foreign address. First you go to the building on the left and pay the fee, was 91 pesos I think, then bring the receipt to the building on the right, go to the door and get the registration form and fill out while in line. The line moves quickly. 

The day of biometric, we were instructed to report to the Consulate that afternoon to turn in all paperwork. The interview was move up earlier the following morning. One of the forms requested was in fact the Police Certificate. 

Interview went well, Visa approved, just waiting for it to arrive. 

On 2/10/2018 at 8:18 PM, Jadobi said:

We are currently in Cd Juarez. Upon arriving we finally received proper info on where to obtain the Police Certificate here in Cd. Juarez. All the info I read was that it wasnt needed, but we decided to err on the side of caution and get one. Having found no info online, you can go to the "Fiscalia de Distritio Zone Norte." to obtain it. You need to bring a passport and proof of local residence, we used an invoice from the hotel since neither of us live in Mexico. They will not accept a foreign address. First you go to the building on the left and pay the fee, was 91 pesos I think, then bring the receipt to the building on the right, go to the door and get the registration form and fill out while in line. The line moves quickly. 

The day of biometric, we were instructed to report to the Consulate that afternoon to turn in all paperwork. The interview was move up earlier the following morning. One of the forms requested was in fact the Police Certificate. 

Interview went well, Visa approved, just waiting for it to arrive. 

Does it matter what country you are from in order to ask for the police certificate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.