Matma70

Fiance receives 221g denial...please help!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiance had his interview today (Feb. 9th) in Lagos and I thought he was well prepared as far as documents but he received a 221g Denial saying they need more supporting documents.  Please respond if you can help clear this up for me cause I'm very upset and stress and can't think clearly.

The form says he needs to provide the following:

1. Child's Birth Certificate - I wasn't aware he needed since child is not coming until later in the year. Today Fiance says he doesn't even want to bring him within year so now I need to figure out how to withdraw the son's name.

2. Copy of fiance's Birth Certificate - Fiance took original Age Attestation and they kept it along with all the other files.  I told him to make a copy other day but I don't believe he did.

3. Copies of photos and correspondences - We provided 5 pictures and at least 20 pages of our chats but fiance said interviewer did not look at what he brought. 

4. Old passports -  This is biggest problem..Fiance  lost or had passport stolen in November.  We disclosed this on DS-160 and gave details.  I'm not sure what to do cause it is lost. How can someone provide a lost/stolen document?

Thank you for any suggestions in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was it an actual denial or they just asked for these documents?

What else did the CO say and how did your fiance feel the interview went?

Did they keep his passport or give it back to him?

A lot of times the CO makes a decision before the interview even begins, possibly why they never even looked at any of the chat logs or pictures. It's hard to say though.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's not a denial if they ask for more documents. 

So what does the papers say exactly??

The child's name has to be on the form going or staying, so no withdrawal of that.

All those documents are well know to bring.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

1) You can't withdraw the child. He will have to supply the birth certificate even if the child will never immigrate.

2) He needs to supply his birth certificate.

3) Gather as much evidence as at all possible (pictures (especially with family members and friends), correspondence and proof of meetings), and send it in

4) A police report of lost/stolen passport is usually required.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.   It was a "temporary" denial until these documents are filed and they can make a decision.  I have been researching since last April and did not know his son's birth certificate was needed. We will attempt to get it but these things aren't easy in Nigeria. Getting my fiance to be expressive or talkative is difficult. From my take is that the interviewer asked about 5 questions, never asked for to see pictures and chats and we had plenty plus I front loaded so we had submitted pictures already and chats then.  

They gave him back his passport but kept everything else.  I kept telling him to get copies of the police report of the stolen (or lost) passport but he never did but he has went for it earlier today.  So I guess if we just find a way to get his son's birth certificate..maybe we will be okay.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marcey70 said:

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.   It was a "temporary" denial until these documents are filed and they can make a decision.  I have been researching since last April and did not know his son's birth certificate was needed. We will attempt to get it but these things aren't easy in Nigeria. Getting my fiance to be expressive or talkative is difficult. From my take is that the interviewer asked about 5 questions, never asked for to see pictures and chats and we had plenty plus I front loaded so we had submitted pictures already and chats then.  

They gave him back his passport but kept everything else.  I kept telling him to get copies of the police report of the stolen (or lost) passport but he never did but he has went for it earlier today.  So I guess if we just find a way to get his son's birth certificate..maybe we will be okay.  

You can get birth certificate from NPC (National Population Commission). That's what they want attestament don't fly in Lago's.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
9 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

You can get birth certificate from NPC (National Population Commission). That's what they want attestament don't fly in Lago's.

This is where he originally went but ended up going to High court for an affidavit and age attestation.  I can't remember why though. I will ask him again.  Thank you

Timeline

I did learn that he was interviewed by an interviewer who was flat out denying everyone and he only was told to submit more documentation..I'm starting to feel a lot better about our situation!  Thank you...everyone of you have helped me learn what went wrong!

Timeline

Yes, you were NOT denied, the embassy asked you for additional information and the list they give you it's not difficult. But tell your fiance to run, faster he does it, better it is. I see 4 questions in the letter, you need to give a clear answer to each one even if it's just a copy of police report or a letter, yet Birth Certificates should be provided, no explanation letters are accepted

Tasha

Timeline
7 minutes ago, EricTasha said:

Yes, you were NOT denied, the embassy asked you for additional information and the list they give you it's not difficult. But tell your fiance to run, faster he does it, better it is. I see 4 questions in the letter, you need to give a clear answer to each one even if it's just a copy of police report or a letter, yet Birth Certificates should be provided, no explanation letters are accepted

Tasha

I see that it was not a denial but it sure felt like one earlier...I was stressed and distraught but I do now see that this are minor things that we can easily produce.  Thank you so much for helping!

Timeline
1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

I'm back to being confused. Many people on this site says that all he will be able to get is the Age Attestation because of his age.  He sent me picture of it and it is the original from NPC.  He took this to his interview. 

Timeline
Just now, Marcey70 said:

I'm back to being confused. Many people on this site says that all he will be able to get is the Age Attestation because of his age.  He sent me picture of it and it is the original from NPC.  He took this to his interview. 

See what he can get and attach to it the explanation letter saying because of the age ...

Timeline
1 minute ago, EricTasha said:

See what he can get and attach to it the explanation letter saying because of the age ...

Okay..thank you!  You are the best!!!!   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.