HSJH

K1 - Hong Kong citizen living in Shanghai

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi everyone, newbie here! 

My fiance and I just got engaged and filed for the K1 visa - so exciting!

I am a citizen of Hong Kong working in Shanghai, so we just put Shanghai as the embassy of choice. But now I am reading that Guangzhou is the only embassy that issues K1 visa? I am panicking now (esp when i read about to the possible delay in receiving the packages because of Chinese custom here) and wonder if we have chosen the wrong place to apply for the visa. 

I travel to Hong Kong for work often and have addresses in both cities - is it possible/do you guys advise us to call and try to switch it to Hong Kong?

Thank you so much - this is an incredibly stressful process, I am grateful forums like this to get us all moving and staying positive! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

All K type visas are handled in Guangzhou unfortunately so there is no getting around that. My wife and I completed everything last spring and she lived in Shenyang so I completely understand about it being out of the way!!

Try not to be too stressed about all of this. The stress will not help you in any way. Good luck!

California Service Center

US Consulate in Guangzhou, China

I-129F sent on 09-09-2015

I-129F NOA1 received on 10-01-2015

I-129F RFE received on 11-09-2015

RFE replied to on 11-23-2015

I-129F NOA2 received on 12-10-2015

NVC received on 12-22-2015

Date case #, IIN, and BIN assigned on 12-24-2015

Left the NVC on 12-30-2015

US Consulate in China received on 01-06-2016

Packet 3 received on 01-13-2016

Packet 3 sent on 01-20-2016

Packet 4 received on 02-19-2016

Interview date is scheduled for 03-24-2016 (7:45am China time!)

K1 Visa approved!!!!!!!!!

Waiting for actual visa right now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.