Khmerikon

Finally an Interview after 1yr and 2months

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi,

My wife finally gets her interview on March 14, 2017 in Cambodia. I plan on going with her to her interview is that a good thing or a bad thing to do? Any advice would help me thanks. Also, at the time of the application I was working and now since I been in an accident I have not been working so I am currently unemployed but, I do have a co sponsor that is helping me with the situation. My question is do I bring my I-864 form with my co sponsor I-864 form to the interview with them(do not have the original signed forms because NVC has them)?  Another thing is my wife needs to get her medical exam done but they did not schedule one for her so, I think we have to schedule one for her right away or will they send an email telling her where to go? if, we have to schedule one what type of documents do my wife have to take with her? Thank You! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

My fiancé and I failed the first time we went to the interview together. Yes, we failed at this same embassy. The 2nd time, he went to the interview alone and passed. It's not required for you to go to the interview. Just make sure you have all the supporting documents and proof of relationship evidence ready to go for your wife to take to the interview. I suggest you practice your interview together ahead of time. My fiancé and I practiced our interview 3 weeks every day before the interview. Good luck on your visa journey. 

7 hours ago, Khmerikon said:

Okay thank you for the advice! Wish us luck

Probably they gonna ask u ur income tax return atleast 3years of it ..and what are the reason why ur unemployed.atleast show everything ur bank statement or properties in the usa.just to make sure. Bring everything a proof of bonifide relation ship .

Edited by Rosekyle12345

Timeline

Best thing to bring is your IRS transcripts, last 3 years. Co-sponsor too if you can. If you sent the 864 in already they will have it.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Petitioner is not required to attend visa interview. However my suggestion you should go with her like I did.

I accompanied my wife interview, CO ask so simple questions,

When fist time do we meet?

Do we have more pictures? (I brought about 10 pictures to Embassy that's why she asked for. Most people brought 2 big albums still get denied)

Does my wife speak English?

How big our wedding?

CO asked same question to us once at time? Khmer for her, and English for me?

To avoid delays your case  be prepared

***Must Have all required documents English and Translates***

***Relationship Evidences as many as you can brings*** (Photos, Facebook Chats Videos Chats, Emails, Mails, Ring Receipts, Money Transfers... Write note on yellow stick paper to make easy for CO know what it is... Facebook Chats 2014-2016, Money Gram Receipts 2014-2016...and so on)

***Most recent 3 Years W2 and Tax Returned Transcribt*** (my case, they ask for 2015 W2)

***I-864 not required if you've sent to NVC already*** (I took signed form with me in case they ask)

***Study together all possible questions CO should be ask, make sure both of you have same answer***

Good Luck!!! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

To go with her or not make no difference.  Two birds tend to be more questions asked.  As you have already knew (esp in Cambodia), I believe it's depend on the consulate mood. If he went to the bar and didn't get laid, whoever had him will be in bad shade.

But anyhow, have all documents prepared.  Have her know all "fact".  What I mean by "fact" is what you put in the applications or anything u submitted (salary, work, date visited and left, etc).  She should memorize by heart.  Any personal question(s) can be answer any way she wants as long she doesn't step on her own feet.  But if u go with her, and consulate asked same question and u answer different. then u r done.. Me, I didn't go.   Consulate r very tricky.  They asked 2 different questions but both answer are the same.  My wife had experienced w/those questions. Good thing she passed on her 1st interview.  Another thing, don't give long answer. Give as short answer as possible.  For ex, where r u going? I'm going to the store.  Don't say I go to the store to buy bla bla bla.. Long answer tend to make more mistake.  Always eyes contact. If questions she cannot answer or need time to think, ask the consulate to repeat questions.  Say u don't understand his/her accent. That's what my wife did. By the time he/she done asking, at least u have a few second to think abt it.

Phone call, Consulate do not accept phone card.  They can say u might pick up from some1 else trashcan and said it's your.   A few ppl i knew fail cuz of no proof of contact besides phone card.   That's all i have to say and good luck to both of u.

LPR's mom sponsor child (F2A)
Wed 2015-06-03 NOA 1
Wed 2015-07-29 NOA 2
Mon 2016-02-08 DS261 completed
Mon 2016-02-08 AOS Paid

Tue 2016-02-23 IV Paid

Sun 2016-03-20 DS260 completed

Mon 2016-03-28 Express mail AOS & IV Package

Thu 2016-03-31 Email from NVC of 30-45 days review

Thu 2016-04-28 Called NVC and was told Case completed

Thu 2016-05-05 NVC emailed telling case completed and in queue awaiting for interview date

PD: 2015-06-03

Mon 2017-03-13 Consulate Received

Wed 2017-04-12 Interview Date @7:30am

Wed 2017-04-12 Approved

Fri 2017-04-21 Visa Pickup

POE: JFK 2017-05-03

Timeline

another question is that I just did my taxes for 2016 should I take these documents as well. If, I do my Co sponsor only have 2013-2015 tax returns, they have not done there 2016 tax returns yet.

Timeline
On 2/25/2017 at 11:41 AM, Khmerikon said:

another question is that I just did my taxes for 2016 should I take these documents as well. If, I do my Co sponsor only have 2013-2015 tax returns, they have not done there 2016 tax returns yet.

My interview was in the beginning of February.  They took my 2015 tax transcript and asked me if I had done my 2016 taxes yet.  I told them no and they said it was ok.  If you have 2016 done already then you should bring it, but also bring 2015 just in case.  If your cosponsor hasn't done 2016 yet then it should be ok as long as you have his 2015 transcript.  Just remember that this embassy wants the full tax transcript, not the tax return.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Print a few months of call logs even thought it shows a thousand lines per pg.  Always use tax transcript and make sure make a copy of most current pay stub, maybe a few months if monthly paid. Good luck

LPR's mom sponsor child (F2A)
Wed 2015-06-03 NOA 1
Wed 2015-07-29 NOA 2
Mon 2016-02-08 DS261 completed
Mon 2016-02-08 AOS Paid

Tue 2016-02-23 IV Paid

Sun 2016-03-20 DS260 completed

Mon 2016-03-28 Express mail AOS & IV Package

Thu 2016-03-31 Email from NVC of 30-45 days review

Thu 2016-04-28 Called NVC and was told Case completed

Thu 2016-05-05 NVC emailed telling case completed and in queue awaiting for interview date

PD: 2015-06-03

Mon 2017-03-13 Consulate Received

Wed 2017-04-12 Interview Date @7:30am

Wed 2017-04-12 Approved

Fri 2017-04-21 Visa Pickup

POE: JFK 2017-05-03

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My wifes interview was on March 14, 2017. It went well, but they gave us a pink slip because I could not find my original marrieage certificate. Told us to come back in a week and turn it in. The thing is, it is a week later and my original is being sent from the US and has not arrived can I reschedule that oppointment? Or use this new one the cheif of the village made us?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.