forena99

2017 Post NOA2 for Cuba K1 - getting ready for interview

415 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dayr123 said:

Hello when did you guys had you interview scheduled in Havana???

On CEAC mine does not say anything About BGT

My inteview Was Sched on october 23rd 

Thanks 

Mine was october 3...I guess they are going in order?

i have a small update. my fiance went to the colombian embassy in havana and they are closing after the 10th to the end of the year. so sorry to say, doesnt sounds like any of us will be going to colombia until the new year unless we already have our directions and visa. the reason it worked for the girl with the blog is because she did NOT already have an interview scheduled. she was able to transfer her case much easier than those of us who already had the interview scheduled, medical exam, etc. as much as it sucks i think we need to wait until formal directions come out and my hope is that they will at least honor the medical exam since we are probably definitely going to have to pay the scheduling fee again. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

We are awaiting the NOA2. My fiancee just moved back to Panama this week (where she has residency) so we will be updating her address and the embassy for the interview. This is inconvenient and expensive, but nothing compared to the situation for the Cubans that have to go to Bogota (if they can even afford it), so we are very blessed and I hope that all of you can get through this. 

K-1 Visa
07/25/17: I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
07/28/17: Received Date - Dallas, TX

08/01/17: Notice Date - NOA1 Text and Email

08/02/17: I-129F fee - check cashed

08/05/17: Received NOA1 / Form I-797C

02/07/2018: NOA2 Notice Date

02/08/2018: NOA2 Online Status Approved (no email, no text)
02/12/2018: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
02/23/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/23/2018: Case Number Assigned

03/05/2018: Embassy Received
04/10/2018: Medical
04/19/2018: Interview
05/02/2018: Visa in Hand
05/11/2018: US Entry (POE DFW)

06/06/2018: Married!! ❤️

AOS

08/01/2018: I-485/I-765 sent to Chicago

08/02/2018: I-485/I-765 received (USPS Tracking)

08/16/2018: I-485/I-765 received - text and email (G-1145) - check cashed

08/20/2018: NOA received via snail mail

09/05/2018: Biometrics

10/25/2018: Interview scheduled

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the effort and support you guys have put forth to help everyone with the process.  I'm super excited for all of you who have been accepted and I'm praying for everyone who is still waiting to complete the process.  I will be applying very soon as well and I'm looking forward to a smooth transaction.  

For all those looking for more information in regards to the process of securing a K-1 visa in Colombia please check out this page on facebook.  She has videos and will be giving a ton of information on the entire process.  As of today she was approved and her fiancé will be flying back to the US with her next week.  He does not have to go back to Cuba to wait for his Visa.  She did say they told her the Visa process will take up to two weeks but hers was put on a rush order since they have plane tickets already purchased to return to the states.  She also stated the medical exam is a three day turn around.  She says it's extremely organized and the process wasn't stressful at all once everything started to move in the right direction.  Her Facebook page name is Chicagomeetshavana.

I hope this post helps all of you and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bibi&Duany

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! A while back, several people were interested in information on a local photographer in Cuba to take engagement photos.  Well... I found one!  His name is Eduardo and he is the owner of Eddos Studios.  My fiance and I took our engagement photos on Christmas Day and had a great time with the photographer and his team. He has very reasonable packages.  We had 3 different looks in 3 different locations.  There was a make-up artist that traveled with us (she was amazing and did a great job with my makeup and hair).  It was such a fun day and I cannot wait to see these pictures.  Below is the contact information.

Eddos STD

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eddos.fotos.cuba/

Phone: +537 830 6220 / +537 873 4490 / +535 292 6581

Have a great week! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.