Deeplove11111

Do you need a bta on k1 visa

30 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

This is very suspicious.  Has your Nigerian fiance told you this?  I smell a scam here.  I would run as fast as the wind from this fiance.  There is no requirement to carry any money on any trip.  You are being lied to.

Why jump into conclusion about a scam? OP asked a question. Stop drawing your own conclusion writer.

2 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

I never said all Nigerian people are bad but the numbers don't lie.  The below reference from an article about fraud tells us something.  About 84% of ALL advance fraud scams world-wide originate from Nigeria with the other 16 percent being divided by 69 other countries around the world.  That's 84% from just ONE country...and it happens to be Nigeria.  While these numbers represent advance fee scams (419) they certainly say something about some of the Nigerian people. This is not to say that all Nigerians are bad people but it cannot be denied that many scams originate from there.  So do me a favor.  Check back into VJ after you arrive in the US once you have been married for 3 years or so.  I would love to hear good news that all is well and the two of you are happily married.  May GOD bless you both with eternal happiness.

"It’s impossible to get precise figures on where email scams originate.  The Dutch firm Ultrascan Advanced Global Investigations used to publish an annual report on 419 scams. In the latest report I could find, from 2009, they counted at least 250,000 that originated in Nigeria, with another 50,000 or so coming from 69 other countries around the world."

Are all Italians Mafians?

3 minutes ago, Everlast said:

Are all Italians Mafians?

If you took the minute to read my post you would see I NEVER used the word ALL.

Just now, David & Zoila said:

If you took the minute to read my post you would see I NEVER used the word ALL.

I never took the time because it is all hearsay. Currently the Philippines is battling with drug issues, are all Philippines people drug dealers? Your percentage quote are all misinformation by the Dutch writer of the article. Fake news!

21 minutes ago, Everlast said:

I never took the time because it is all hearsay. Currently the Philippines is battling with drug issues, are all Philippines people drug dealers? Your percentage quote are all misinformation by the Dutch writer of the article. Fake news!

Again...you fail to read.  The word ALL was NEVER used.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  One needs to read to comment intelligently.  I am out.  Not gonna waste any more time with you and your fake news.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

Again...you fail to read.  The word ALL was NEVER used.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  One needs to read to comment intelligently.  I am out.  Not gonna waste any more time with you and your fake news.

Hello Davis & Soila,

You know you are spreading fake news about Nigeria which is very bad of you....someone was asking about something and you just have the feelings that a Nigerian fiance want to scam and all your advice is to break the relationship just like that, you just have to watch your mouth and know the fact of what you will be saying on media....may God forgive you....Nigeria are good people....

Timeline
23 hours ago, Deeplove11111 said:

There's nothing like scam here,I am the beneficiary and I will be traveling to the US tonight,lots of friends are getting me worried about taken lots of money along with me,Nigerians are good people

Yes, your friends are trying to advise you very well. Probably they have the experience with other visas, tourist, studies, work usually you need bta and you need to show it to American embassy.

But family visas, fiance(e), marriage visa or children don't need to bring or to show any money because you go to the family and on affidavit of support. I don't know if my husband did bring any money with him, I don't ask if he doesn't share. I did tell him not bringing any clothes or personal things because here is winter and he has not winter clothes and also because he was travelling with the baby on his lap, long trip with the baby, it was more reasonable to travel light.

Tasha

Timeline
7 hours ago, ayobammy said:

Hello Davis & Soila,

You know you are spreading fake news about Nigeria which is very bad of you....someone was asking about something and you just have the feelings that a Nigerian fiance want to scam and all your advice is to break the relationship just like that, you just have to watch your mouth and know the fact of what you will be saying on media....may God forgive you....Nigeria are good people....

:yes: :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:40 PM, David & Zoila said:

This is very suspicious.  Has your Nigerian fiance told you this?  I smell a scam here.  I would run as fast as the wind from this fiance.  There is no requirement to carry any money on any trip.  You are being lied to.

Clearly there have been many Nigerian people told to bring money to the airport.   My husband, my Nigerian King, was told the same thing.  He has never been on a plane or out of the country and I have travelled to different countries in my lifetime.   My husband mentioned the same thing to me but I have never paid anyone in the airport when arriving in Nigeria or leaving from Nigeria, 4 times now.

I was there for my husbands Visa interview but there was a delay with him getting his Visa before I left Nigeria.  He used $100 that I brought on the Nigerian trip and when he arrived in the US he gave it back to me within 30 days.  As a matter fact it look like the same $100 I gave him because of the way the money was folded.  If you look at my timeline, which is up to date, he had to figure out how to pay $2000 for his flight to the US (last minute ticket purchase).   His entire family worked together very hard to get the flight fee, I was there to see it with my own eyes.    Another thing that I was able to see with my own eyes is how the people who work at the airport treated him last year when we left Nigeria together.   Even though there are signs posted that the workers are not to receive money, gifts or something like that for doing their job, he did pay the people who work at the airport money twice.   Once to the lady who verified we had flights for that day and again to the people who checked our luggage.   I was not happy about it but my husband didn't know if it was true or not plus he was scared because last year was the first time he return to the US with Nigerian food.   We were both uncertain about the food and customs.   That uncertainty made it a little more easy for my husband to pay the airport workers.    There are good and bad people all over the World.   Your comment is irritating for you to make such a comment as the OP should end the relationship with their fiancé because of what the fiancé was told.  The OP posted for clarification.  Don't be so narrow minded or you will have many lessons to learn in life.   God bless you and have a good day. 

Edited by Queen2myKing

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Nebraska

Consulate : Nigeria

Marriage: 2014-03-31

I-130 Sent : 2014-04-11

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-05-02

I-130 RFE : None

I-130 Approved : 2014-10-02

NVC Received : 2014-11-24

AOS Bill : 2014-11-24

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2015-02-23

Submit DS-261 : 2014-11-24

Receive IV Bill : 2014-12-30

Pay IV Bill : 2014-12-31

Send IV Package : 2015-03-06

NVC Case Complete : 2015-04-17

Left NVC :

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Consulate Received : 2015-05-14

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 4 Received : 2015-05-14

Interview Date : 2015-06-18

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-07-02

US Entry : 2015-07-03

Comments :

Visa Journey helped me find an error on the AOS in February 2015. In March 2015 I was also able to help my spouse get the correct birth records required by NVC by reading the Nigerian thread on Visa Journey.

April 2, 2015- Case is in Supervisor Review because the DS260 form was sent electronically January 6, 2015 but hasn't been reviewed as of yet.

April 17, 2015- I finally have the 3rd N/A next to the Affidavit of Support fee. I spoke to a supervisor yesterday (Thursday). She told me she would have the case reviewed by the end of the week. It looks like she kept her word. I will call again tonight to confirm case complete :)

April 17, 2015- CONFIRMED CASE COMPLETE

June 18, 2015- Interview

July 01 , 2015- CEAC Status Shows Issued

July 03, 2015- Welcome to USA!!!

(United Airlines roundtrip ticket estimated at $2000.00)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband is from a huge family,  and even in this single family there are a doctor, engineers, police officers, 419 workers, dock workers, admin assistants, stay at home parents and one future igwe 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Both times I have gone to Nigeria I was asked for money by airport employees, nevertheless that part didn't bother me, it was the fact on how much they asked for not knowing I knew how to convert naira into U.S. currency...However, that doesn't make Nigeria a bad country as a whole or that all Nigerians are scammers...I get so tired of hearing that when we are getting scammed right here in the good old U.S. of A everyday...I definitely liked everything that Queen2myKing said because her husband sounds a lot like my husband..A man that comes from a good family with values..Not every relationship is in it for a greencard....I want to wish everyone here going through the process good luck and definitely lots of prayers:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 9:48 AM, Deeplove11111 said:

There's nothing like scam here,I am the beneficiary and I will be traveling to the US tonight,lots of friends are getting me worried about taken lots of money along with me,Nigerians are good people

Just checking to see if you arrived in the US safely.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yeah I arrive safe .it was cold when I came in,but now it's a lil bit Warm here .thanks alot

Edited by Deeplove11111

California Service Center
2016-09-08-I-129f petition was received by USCIS
2016-09-12-NOA1 Text and Email
2016-09-16-NOA1 Hard Copy Received
2016-10-03-NOA2 Text and Email (21 days)
2016-10-04-NOA2 Hard Copy Received
2016-10-20-NVC Received (16 days)
2016-10-24-Case Number Received and Hard Copy
2016-10-25- Lagos Consulate Received
2016-11-08- Updated by the Embassy and said Ready for Interview
2017-01-10-Medical
2017-01-26-Interview-APPROVED
2017-01-31-Visa Issued
2017-02-06-Visa in Hand
2017-02-09- POE -- IAD 
Xu1rYa7NJo6b.jpgXu1rp1.png?t=1&C876mYOC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:30 AM, Deeplove11111 said:

Yeah I arrive safe .it was cold when I came in,but now it's a lil bit Warm here .thanks alot

Welcome to the United States of America.   Best wishes to you and your family!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Nebraska

Consulate : Nigeria

Marriage: 2014-03-31

I-130 Sent : 2014-04-11

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-05-02

I-130 RFE : None

I-130 Approved : 2014-10-02

NVC Received : 2014-11-24

AOS Bill : 2014-11-24

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2015-02-23

Submit DS-261 : 2014-11-24

Receive IV Bill : 2014-12-30

Pay IV Bill : 2014-12-31

Send IV Package : 2015-03-06

NVC Case Complete : 2015-04-17

Left NVC :

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Consulate Received : 2015-05-14

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 4 Received : 2015-05-14

Interview Date : 2015-06-18

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-07-02

US Entry : 2015-07-03

Comments :

Visa Journey helped me find an error on the AOS in February 2015. In March 2015 I was also able to help my spouse get the correct birth records required by NVC by reading the Nigerian thread on Visa Journey.

April 2, 2015- Case is in Supervisor Review because the DS260 form was sent electronically January 6, 2015 but hasn't been reviewed as of yet.

April 17, 2015- I finally have the 3rd N/A next to the Affidavit of Support fee. I spoke to a supervisor yesterday (Thursday). She told me she would have the case reviewed by the end of the week. It looks like she kept her word. I will call again tonight to confirm case complete :)

April 17, 2015- CONFIRMED CASE COMPLETE

June 18, 2015- Interview

July 01 , 2015- CEAC Status Shows Issued

July 03, 2015- Welcome to USA!!!

(United Airlines roundtrip ticket estimated at $2000.00)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On February 27, 2017 at 9:10 PM, Queen2myKing said:

Welcome to the United States of America.   Best wishes to you and your family!

Thanks 

California Service Center
2016-09-08-I-129f petition was received by USCIS
2016-09-12-NOA1 Text and Email
2016-09-16-NOA1 Hard Copy Received
2016-10-03-NOA2 Text and Email (21 days)
2016-10-04-NOA2 Hard Copy Received
2016-10-20-NVC Received (16 days)
2016-10-24-Case Number Received and Hard Copy
2016-10-25- Lagos Consulate Received
2016-11-08- Updated by the Embassy and said Ready for Interview
2017-01-10-Medical
2017-01-26-Interview-APPROVED
2017-01-31-Visa Issued
2017-02-06-Visa in Hand
2017-02-09- POE -- IAD 
Xu1rYa7NJo6b.jpgXu1rp1.png?t=1&C876mYOC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.