Jump to content
Bill & Katya

92% of left-wing activists live with their parents and one in three is unemployed, study of Berlin protesters finds

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I realize this is  study of German protesters and it only applies to those that were actually arrested, but I imagine a few parallel corellations can be made.

 

The vast majority of left-wing protesters arrested on suspicion of politically-fuelled offences in Berlin are young men who live with their parents, a new report found.

The figures, which were published in daily newspaper Bild revealed that 873 suspects were investigated by authorities between 2003 and 2013.

Of these 84 per cent were men, and 72 per cent were aged between 18 and 29.

 

More than half of the arrests were made in the Berlin districts of Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg and Mitte, mostly during demonstrations.

A third of them were unemployed, and 92 per cent still live with their parents.

The figures published in the Berlin newspaper said of the offences committed against a person, in four out of five cases the victims were police officers.

In 15 per cent of these cases, the victims were right wing activists.

The new figures were released by the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV).

Between 2009 and 2013, the Bild report claims, left-wing assassins attempted to commit 11 murders.



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4200272/92-Berlin-left-wing-activists-live-parents.html#ixzz4Y1zqCNwU 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing would be to compare their demographics with "right wing activities" who are arrested.

 

For example, I imagine a substantial portion of any "activist" group is unemployed or self-employed. People with jobs likely find it hard to go protest something during working hours, unless their job schedule is flexible. 

 

I also find it funny that they call them 'assassins'. Probably giving them a little bit too much credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I Googled right wing protesters arrested.  All I got was liberals being arrested for violent protests against a described right wing event 

Which is why "I googled something" is not typically found in the methods section of a research study.

 

I wasn't asking any of us to do it. Whoever is doing the study clearly has access to a database of sorts.

 

Of course generalizability for us the biggest issue (German =/= USA), I was just pointing out that the other problem is there isn't a clear "comparison" group. They seem to be comparing "left wing activists" to just the general population. It's not clear how much of the difference is due to "activist" vs. "left wing" or even "violent activist". You'd have to do subgroup analyses. 

 

EDIT: Keep in mind I don't speak/read German so I can't read the original source. 

Edited by bcking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry I thought you were asking me to google something. It won't happen again 

 

The methods section of a research study. 

 

Psst this is a screwball dysfunctional Internet Message board 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I am so sorry I thought you were asking me to google something. It won't happen again 

 

The methods section of a research study. 

 

Psst this is a screwball dysfunctional Internet Message board 

There you go, labeling all of us!  B-)

 

 


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I realize this is  study of German protesters and it only applies to those that were actually arrested, but I imagine a few parallel corellations can be made.

 

 

 

  Yes, liberals tend to be younger and conservatives tend to be old farts. That stereotype is well played, but there is some truth behind it.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The demographic characteristics of the protesters seem to support the old saying "Idle hands are the Devil's workshop."


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I Googled right wing protesters arrested.  All I got was liberals being arrested for violent protests against a described right wing event 

I guess you can say I'm a right wing activist. I'm going to protest today by going to work for 9 hours. I will continue my "protest" until Friday afternoon. I know, it's not too google and/or news worthy and most likely won't  get me arrested.

Edited by Merle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the current state of protest in the us and the demographics represented don't mesh with your article. i realize it boosts ya'lls self esteem to think that those protesting trump are young and jobless of little consequence, but reality is that this administration is awakening a massive resistance that is comprised of employed adults who are concerned for the future of their children and their country. imagining us all as moochers in our parents basements with idle hands ready to do evil is non-reality. interesting huh, that appears to be where the right is living nowadays..non-reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

the current state of protest in the us and the demographics represented don't mesh with your article. i realize it boosts ya'lls self esteem to think that those protesting trump are young and jobless of little consequence, but reality is that this administration is awakening a massive resistance that is comprised of employed adults who are concerned for the future of their children and their country. imagining us all as moochers in our parents basements with idle hands ready to do evil is non-reality. interesting huh, that appears to be where the right is living nowadays..non-reality.

While you would have to do the study, I would imagine if you compared people who don't support Trump, but aren't protesting, with the people that are out in the streets every day you are likely to find a lower mean income and a lower percentage of employed (and probably a higher percentage of students) in those who are protesting.

 

That isn't a dig at anyone in particular, I just think it is the reality of protesting. No matter right or left. The majority of jobs are not flexible enough to allow people to stand out on the street on a Tuesday, unless you work shifts, or odd schedules etc... If I didnt' have to go to work every day, would I have gone to the airport to protest? It would have been far more likely (still not sure I would have but it would have been one less thing limiting me). The fewer limitations somebody has keeping them from becoming an "activist", the easier it is to become one. Employment is oftentimes a limitation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bcking said:

While you would have to do the study, I would imagine if you compared people who don't support Trump, but aren't protesting, with the people that are out in the streets every day you are likely to find a lower mean income and a lower percentage of employed (and probably a higher percentage of students) in those who are protesting.

 

That isn't a dig at anyone in particular, I just think it is the reality of protesting. No matter right or left. The majority of jobs are not flexible enough to allow people to stand out on the street on a Tuesday, unless you work shifts, or odd schedules etc... If I didnt' have to go to work every day, would I have gone to the airport to protest? It would have been far more likely (still not sure I would have but it would have been one less thing limiting me). The fewer limitations somebody has keeping them from becoming an "activist", the easier it is to become one. Employment is oftentimes a limitation. 

i'd like to see a study concerning those that are protesting trump now (in this country, minimally). the right never protests, they're too old and lack passion(the young one's have nazi passion and they're getting faced punched, sweet). the right only gets riled up over abortion or anything else that makes a stranger's uterus their business. this isn't a dig at anyone in particular, i've just come out of eight years hearing about how all the jobs are gone cause of illegals but let some anti trump folks make the time to stand in solidarity against the biggest threat to democracy this country has seen thus far and suddenly fighting for our collective democracy is just about losers in basements with no jobs. simply not the current reality, i'd put money on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

the current state of protest in the us and the demographics represented don't mesh with your article. i realize it boosts ya'lls self esteem to think that those protesting trump are young and jobless of little consequence, but reality is that this administration is awakening a massive resistance that is comprised of employed adults who are concerned for the future of their children and their country. imagining us all as moochers in our parents basements with idle hands ready to do evil is non-reality. interesting huh, that appears to be where the right is living nowadays..non-reality.

I guess its a shame to the MDL it didn't awaken them during the election huh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nature Boy Flair said:

I guess its a shame to the MDL it didn't awaken them during the election huh 

it's a shame considering how many (on the right and left) are going to suffer under tyrant trump. you know, i heard a lot of 'trump will act presidential once he gets in' during the election. i can't speak for the entirety of the mdl but i didn't think so many americans were so gullible and ready to put a yuge down payment on a long term con. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×