47 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Case - Immigrant visa

Dec 12, 2016 Interview @ US Embassy, Nairobi
                       221g yellow paper requesting additional docs, VO said to wait a couple of weeks
                       CEAC status Ready to AP (Administrative processing)

Dec 26, 2016 Dropped docs at DHL courier, Nairobi                   

Jan 9, 2017 CEAC date updated but still on AP
                    (Received email that docs are received)

Feb 3, 2017  CEAC date updated but still on AP

FEB 7, 2017 CEAC still on AP

Please share your 221g or AP experience so to know how long to wait (at least, estimated date).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Immigrant Visa

June, 2016 interview at US embassy in Dakar.  Placed in AP.

221g yellow  slip -generic (no reason for denial listed)

October, 2016 - case returned to USCIS

February, 2017 no update in CEAC.

Timeline
16 hours ago, JackandRed said:

Immigrant Visa

June, 2016 interview at US embassy in Dakar.  Placed in AP.

221g yellow  slip -generic (no reason for denial listed)

October, 2016 - case returned to USCIS

February, 2017 no update in CEAC.

I am sorry to hear that. So have you received any letter from USCIS?

I read a lot of testimonies that the COs at US Embassies in Senegal and Ghana issue a 221g AP a lot. 

I wish if USCIS or NVC can request whatever documents are needed prior to consular processing; that may reduce the 221g tremendously. 

Timeline

No. We have not received anything from USCIS.  This is month four now. I was told by USCIS that it could take up to six months minimum before hearing back. My husband and I keep encouraging each other by saying often that each day that passes brings us one step closer. That's what keeps me going.

Timeline
3 hours ago, JackandRed said:

No. We have not received anything from USCIS.  This is month four now. I was told by USCIS that it could take up to six months minimum before hearing back. My husband and I keep encouraging each other by saying often that each day that passes brings us one step closer. That's what keeps me going.

Ok. I wish you all the best.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Returned cr131 are running at 12 to 18 months before Uscis gets to start working on them. Ours took from August to Jan before NVC got it back then till march 1 2016 when NVC got it back, my congressman is checking ours this week to see if they working on it. . 

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

My husband had his interview March 30,2017 at US Embassy in Dakar was placed in AP.

They told him all his papers were correct and to wait 60 days for contacting them.:mellow: 

On 4/3/2017 at 6:11 AM, Isamummy said:

My husband had his interview March 30,2017 at US Embassy in Dakar was placed in AP.

They told him all his papers were correct and to wait 60 days for contacting them.:mellow: 

do you know why? are there any flags in your case, how much evidence did you send in?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My husband got a phone call from the U.S. Embassy telling him to bring his passport. I don't know why they are asking for it. I think it might be for a futher background check. Does anyone know reasons for bringing a passport back? 

Timeline
On 4/4/2017 at 0:05 PM, llama said:

do you know why? are there any flags in your case, how much evidence did you send in?

No I don't they said everything was in order. Maybe me going over there to marry him but there is no dating in our religion so we decided to get married on my first trip but I have visited every 8 months since then. I stayed for 27 days bringing my son with me and the next time 15 days.

I sent pics, emails, flight records, and my bridge shower invite in the package to NVC. My husband brought pics, email and our entire message history.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

I hope you get good news soon Speak it forward and praise Allah for it

Thank you. My husband took passport to the embassy and they said to come pick it up on May 9th.

Timeline

This morning my husband took his passport to the embassy and they told him to come pick it up on  May 9th. I pray this means he is getting a visa. Does anyone know for sure about the Dakar,  Senegal Embassy? Has anyone else had a similar experience? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.