Yda.wood

Philippine passport.

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just want to know if somebody out here have the same experience I have right now. I will be traveling for vacation on March in the Philippines, I have my passport stamp for extension valid for 7 months. Would anybody know if there is anymore requirements I need to bring with me to support the extension of my passport?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Yda.wood

Hi Rissa92,

Went to Philippine Embassy in New York, renew my passport and request for extension with my flight itinerary. Filled out form "request for extension" then provide them with valid reason why you are applying for extension. Hope for the best the Philippine consulate will decide if they will give you extension or not.

Thanks!

Hi Sagot,

I just want to make sure because this is the first time I am using extension.

Thanks a lot!

16 minutes ago, Yda.wood said:

Hi Rissa92,

Went to Philippine Embassy in New York, renew my passport and request for extension with my flight itinerary. Filled out form "request for extension" then provide them with valid reason why you are applying for extension. Hope for the best the Philippine consulate will decide if they will give you extension or not.

Thanks!

I Will be renewing mine later this month, how's the process of renewing? Is it walk in basis or u set an appointment schedule online? How long until u will receive ur new passport?

Hi Rissa92,

What embassy are you going? New York Or Washington DC? I went to New York we called them first to make sure they are open, No appointment needed. The processing is easy just bring copy of your passport where you see all your information. I suggest download form online $60 for renewal 6-8 weeks processing.

Hi yea I'm going to newvyirk embassy, u think they will allow me to have an extension? Bc my reason will be a family reunion for the first time. And do they any options to make it for faster delivery ?

51 minutes ago, Yda.wood said:

Hi Rissa92,

What embassy are you going? New York Or Washington DC? I went to New York we called them first to make sure they are open, No appointment needed. The processing is easy just bring copy of your passport where you see all your information. I suggest download form online $60 for renewal 6-8 weeks processing.

Which form should I download to bring? I attached pictures

IMG_1602.PNG

IMG_1603.PNG

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Yda.wood said:

Hi Sagot,

I just want to make sure because this is the first time I am using extension.

Thanks a lot!

I don't know of anyone using an extension before, so I am watching you to see how it goes.  Logic says you shouldn't need anything as the passport has an extension stamp.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Hi Rissa92,

Use the 1st form. It really depends on the consulate if they will give you the extension. There is no expedite on the passport because they send it to the Philippines for production and send it back here that's what they told me. Do you have flight itinerary?

13 minutes ago, Yda.wood said:

Hi Rissa92,

Use the 1st form. It really depends on the consulate if they will give you the extension. There is no expedite on the passport because they send it to the Philippines for production and send it back here that's what they told me. Do you have flight itinerary?

Hi, I didn't purchase ticket because I'm worrying about the passport expiration but since u can get extension hopefully (they'll approve it ).  I will ask them too if it's okay I'll just renew in Philippines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.