ketanadkar

Final J1 waiver from USCIS

123 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, greenvis_112 said:

Thank you coco8. I called them and checked the website, they say they still operating the cases they received from last year July. I was in shock. But I’ll wait two more weeks to see what’s going on. 

Thanks! 

That would be odd since my DOS recommendation arrived in July and I got the USCIS waiver in August. There are different types of J1 waivers and that could be messing up the different timelines and their dates.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

@greenvis_112 My case was received by USCIS on Dec 28th, I got the I797 on Jan 4th, still waiting for my I-612 approval, it based on no-objection. Not sure why its taking so long. I am desperate to get the waiver.

1 hour ago, mandy_786 said:

@greenvis_112 My case was received by USCIS on Dec 28th, I got the I797 on Jan 4th, still waiting for my I-612 approval, it based on no-objection. Not sure why its taking so long. I am desperate to get the waiver.

It is not taking long. It has been less than 15 days and there was a holiday, plus USCIS came from holidays for christmas, new year, etc. 

Chill.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, mandy_786 said:

Hey mandy_786, any news on your case??

I would really appreciate any updates.  I'm also desperate waiting for the waiver approval.

Thank you!!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, fly_ said:

Hey mandy_786, any news on your case??

I would really appreciate any updates.  I'm also desperate waiting for the waiver approval.

Thank you!!

My J1 waiver timeline based on no objection,

• November 17, 2017 - Sent DS-3035 and other documents to DOS
  • December 21, 2017 - DOS sends Favorable Recommendation to USCIS
  • December 28, 2017 - I-612 case was received at USCIS lockbox
  • January 4, 2018 - Received Receipt Notice from USCIS in the mail
  • January 29, 2018 - Received approval notice from USCIS. Case status online is not yet updated

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I got my approval letter in my mailbox on March 19th. Here is my timeline:

• January 06, 2018 - DOS sends Favorable Recommendation to USCIS
  • January 07, 2018 - I-612 case was received by USCIS 
  • January 12, 2018 - Received Receipt Notice from USCIS in the mail
  • March 18, 2018 - Received approval notice from USCIS

My case status online is not updated yet. Good luck everybody!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello everybody Im requesting a  J1 waiver based on no objection,  DOS sends Favorable Recommendation to USCIS on April 18 2018, I haven't received the I797 yet and USCIS have no information about my case. I have a question, why some of you  have applied for a I-612 if your waiver is based on no objection? DOS and USCIS do not refer to this form in no objection cases¡ Do I need to apply to this form?

Thanks for your information

Rocio

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

@Cristy Rocio have you received the I797? My timeline is the following

DoS notification received in the mail May, 08 2018

Favourable Recommendation DoS Sent May, 01 2018

No Objection Statement Received April, 20 2018

Fee Received April, 11 2018

Form DS-3035 Received April, 11 2018

Form DS-2019 ReceivedApril, 11 2018

Passport Data Page Received April, 11 2018

Statement Of Reason Received April, 11 2018

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all! I received the confirmation letter on april 19th form DOS. Since then nothing happened. I didn't even received USCIS receipt notice!! @frafra did you receive I797?

• 2 months later...
Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys, I just wanted to comment that this has been a very helpful thread. Thanks to all of you! All best and good luck everybody

On 7/10/2018 at 11:19 AM, Chiara_5 said:

Hi all! I received the confirmation letter on april 19th form DOS. Since then nothing happened. I didn't even received USCIS receipt notice!! @frafra did you receive I797?

Hi Chiara, did you receive anything from USCIS yet? Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/25/2018 at 6:14 PM, fs2439 said:

Hi guys, I just wanted to comment that this has been a very helpful thread. Thanks to all of you! All best and good luck everybody

Hi Chiara, did you receive anything from USCIS yet? Thank you

HI! Yes, i wrote 2 email to uscis vermont service center because since april i didn't receive any receipt notice. They answered me a few weeks after giving me a case number and a week after i received the waiver in the mail box :) My suggestion is to write an email explaining your situation with all the right info proving that you tried already to call the call the call center without real answers and possibly visit a field office.

Best 

Chiara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.