verneforchat

President Trump is now speculating that the media is covering up terrorist attacks

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/06/president-trump-is-now-speculating-that-the-media-is-covering-up-terrorist-attacks/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.9b3f42cb2491

" “You’ve seen what happened in Paris, and Nice. All over Europe, it’s happening,” he said to the assembled military leaders. “It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that.” "

I cannot even. I just cannot.

Its been a little more than two weeks. And this man has created more entertainment than the entire Netflix lineup for maybe the next six months.

Timeline

My favorite article comments on it so far:

Ski:  Does this guy realize that he's the boss of the FBI, CIA and NSA ?

Orso:  It depends. What channel are they on?

:rofl:

15 hours ago, Transborderwife said:

Oh please...liberals take every chance to put one of those flag filters on Facebook profile pictures after an attack :P

I forget who said it, possible Stephen Colbert but at least one comedians response to the media "covering up terrorist attacks" was essentially (paraphrasing):

"Sure, the media will always avoid talking about something with blood and gore"

Death and destruction is cat nip to the news.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, bcking said:

I forget who said it, possible Stephen Colbert but at least one comedians response to the media "covering up terrorist attacks" was essentially (paraphrasing):

"Sure, the media will always avoid talking about something with blood and gore"

Death and destruction is cat nip to the news.

Why would they hide such attacks? Thats the selling point for media!

Sometimes people who push their agenda have really not thought this through.

now you've got major publications playing to the list, linking all their reporting to the stories. i wonder if this wasn't the effect bannon was after in having trump make those accusations..getting everyone to rehash particular violence that fits their agenda.

31 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

now you've got major publications playing to the list, linking all their reporting to the stories. i wonder if this wasn't the effect bannon was after in having trump make those accusations..getting everyone to rehash particular violence that fits their agenda.

Ya you'd think eventually they would realize that the best way to deal with these claims from the "So-called President" is to essentially let him dig his own hole and ignore him. Like when a 5 year old makes wild imaginary claims. "That's right Jimmy, it was the cookie thieves!"

17 minutes ago, bcking said:

Ya you'd think eventually they would realize that the best way to deal with these claims from the "So-called President" is to essentially let him dig his own hole and ignore him. Like when a 5 year old makes wild imaginary claims. "That's right Jimmy, it was the cookie thieves!"

he's so worked up about islamic terror and he's yet to make a statement about the white boy terror attack in canada or ponder the coverage the media gave to that incident. fbi has warned (way before potus trump) that homegrown white terror is a growing issue we should be investigating going forward. of course trump wants all resources going to his islam witch hunt. i would say i wonder why that is, for the sake of conversation alone, but it's pretty obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

he's so worked up about islamic terror and he's yet to make a statement about the white boy terror attack in canada or ponder the coverage the media gave to that incident. fbi has warned (way before potus trump) that homegrown white terror is a growing issue we should be investigating going forward. of course trump wants all resources going to his islam witch hunt. i would say i wonder why that is, for the sake of conversation alone, but it's pretty obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.

It is a distraction tact. Fake outrage by using a hyperbole, or personal attack/personal hurt claim. Often used by trollers.

Quite a few examples we can see in every day life. :D

BTW, the Betsy DeVos voting is in 30 minutes.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, verneforchat said:

It is a distraction tact. Fake outrage by using a hyperbole, or personal attack/personal hurt claim. Often used by trollers.

I'm surprised no devos thread

14 minutes ago, verneforchat said:

i don't think it's a distraction, i think bannon genuinely wants to orchestrate the great war of east vs west, christian/islam. 

devos is an absolute joke and is going to free up federal funds for christian schools. federal funds going to teach kids that science must be backed by god or else it isn't science. disgusting.

7 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

I'm surprised no devos thread

Oh god. I think ultimately she'll make it through because all this "confirmation" business is so shallow these days. Only two Republicans see a problem with her appointment? Most know they have to just fall in line.

On the same token I saw an article pointing on the one person (or an example of one of them) who has voted "no" for every single cabinet member up for confirmation. Unless she had actual concerns with each and every single one I also don't think that is appropriate also. Just voting no because the person who appointed them is Trump is just as wrong as voting yes just because they are Trump's pick.

I felt there were a few that I had very few reservations about. I would have voted yes for those, and no for the ones that were too poorly chosen. It shouldn't be a "Yes to all" or "No to all".

Our legislature needs to bring nuance back.

4 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i don't think it's a distraction, i think bannon genuinely wants to orchestrate the great war of east vs west, christian/islam. 

devos is an absolute joke and is going to free up federal funds for christian schools. federal funds going to teach kids that science must be backed by god or else it isn't science. disgusting.

Even if you ignore what she plans to do, she just lacks the experience and knowledge and her hearing demonstrated that.

Same with Dr. Carson. I don't care what he plans to do with the department, he just doesn't have the knowledge or background suitable for even discussing him as a potential choice. He operates on brains, and therefore he is qualified? I treat sick babies, but don't ask me to run a Federal Cabinet.

Edited by bcking

Timeline
3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

The irony.

If Betsy DeVos does eventually wreck the education system and the Grad/post grad is so expensive currently, US won't have many skilled workers for specialized jobs. More job creation for skilled immigrants?