Jump to content
verneforchat

President Trump is now speculating that the media is covering up terrorist attacks

36 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/06/president-trump-is-now-speculating-that-the-media-is-covering-up-terrorist-attacks/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.9b3f42cb2491

 

" “You’ve seen what happened in Paris, and Nice. All over Europe, it’s happening,” he said to the assembled military leaders. “It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that.” "

 

 

I cannot even. I just cannot.

Its been a little more than two weeks. And this man has created more entertainment than the entire Netflix lineup for maybe the next six months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite article comments on it so far:

 

Ski:  Does this guy realize that he's the boss of the FBI, CIA and NSA ?

Orso:  It depends. What channel are they on?

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Transborderwife said:

Oh please...liberals take every chance to put one of those flag filters on Facebook profile pictures after an attack :P

I forget who said it, possible Stephen Colbert but at least one comedians response to the media "covering up terrorist attacks" was essentially (paraphrasing):

 

"Sure, the media will always avoid talking about something with blood and gore"

 

Death and destruction is cat nip to the news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bcking said:

I forget who said it, possible Stephen Colbert but at least one comedians response to the media "covering up terrorist attacks" was essentially (paraphrasing):

 

"Sure, the media will always avoid talking about something with blood and gore"

 

Death and destruction is cat nip to the news.

Why would they hide such attacks? Thats the selling point for media!

 

Sometimes people who push their agenda have really not thought this through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now you've got major publications playing to the list, linking all their reporting to the stories. i wonder if this wasn't the effect bannon was after in having trump make those accusations..getting everyone to rehash particular violence that fits their agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

now you've got major publications playing to the list, linking all their reporting to the stories. i wonder if this wasn't the effect bannon was after in having trump make those accusations..getting everyone to rehash particular violence that fits their agenda.

Ya you'd think eventually they would realize that the best way to deal with these claims from the "So-called President" is to essentially let him dig his own hole and ignore him. Like when a 5 year old makes wild imaginary claims. "That's right Jimmy, it was the cookie thieves!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bcking said:

Ya you'd think eventually they would realize that the best way to deal with these claims from the "So-called President" is to essentially let him dig his own hole and ignore him. Like when a 5 year old makes wild imaginary claims. "That's right Jimmy, it was the cookie thieves!"

he's so worked up about islamic terror and he's yet to make a statement about the white boy terror attack in canada or ponder the coverage the media gave to that incident. fbi has warned (way before potus trump) that homegrown white terror is a growing issue we should be investigating going forward. of course trump wants all resources going to his islam witch hunt. i would say i wonder why that is, for the sake of conversation alone, but it's pretty obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smilesammich said:

he's so worked up about islamic terror and he's yet to make a statement about the white boy terror attack in canada or ponder the coverage the media gave to that incident. fbi has warned (way before potus trump) that homegrown white terror is a growing issue we should be investigating going forward. of course trump wants all resources going to his islam witch hunt. i would say i wonder why that is, for the sake of conversation alone, but it's pretty obvious to anyone with a functioning brain.

It is a distraction tact. Fake outrage by using a hyperbole, or personal attack/personal hurt claim. Often used by trollers.

 Quite a few examples we can see in every day life. :D

 

BTW, the Betsy DeVos voting is in 30 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, verneforchat said:

It is a distraction tact. Fake outrage by using a hyperbole, or personal attack/personal hurt claim. Often used by trollers.

 Quite a few examples we can see in every day life. :D

 

BTW, the Betsy DeVos voting is in 30 minutes.

I'm surprised no devos thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, verneforchat said:

It is a distraction tact. Fake outrage by using a hyperbole, or personal attack/personal hurt claim. Often used by trollers.

 Quite a few examples we can see in every day life. :D

 

BTW, the Betsy DeVos voting is in 30 minutes.

i don't think it's a distraction, i think bannon genuinely wants to orchestrate the great war of east vs west, christian/islam. 

 

devos is an absolute joke and is going to free up federal funds for christian schools. federal funds going to teach kids that science must be backed by god or else it isn't science. disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

I'm surprised no devos thread

Oh god. I think ultimately she'll make it through because all this "confirmation" business is so shallow these days. Only two Republicans see a problem with her appointment? Most know they have to just fall in line.

 

On the same token I saw an article pointing on the one person (or an example of one of them) who has voted "no" for every single cabinet member up for confirmation. Unless she had actual concerns with each and every single one I also don't think that is appropriate also. Just voting no because the person who appointed them is Trump is just as wrong as voting yes just because they are Trump's pick.

 

I felt there were a few that I had very few reservations about. I would have voted yes for those, and no for the ones that were too poorly chosen. It shouldn't be a "Yes to all" or "No to all".

 

Our legislature needs to bring nuance back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i don't think it's a distraction, i think bannon genuinely wants to orchestrate the great war of east vs west, christian/islam. 

 

devos is an absolute joke and is going to free up federal funds for christian schools. federal funds going to teach kids that science must be backed by god or else it isn't science. disgusting.

Even if you ignore what she plans to do, she just lacks the experience and knowledge and her hearing demonstrated that.

 

Same with Dr. Carson. I don't care what he plans to do with the department, he just doesn't have the knowledge or background suitable for even discussing him as a potential choice. He operates on brains, and therefore he is qualified? I treat sick babies, but don't ask me to run a Federal Cabinet.

Edited by bcking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i don't think it's a distraction, i think bannon genuinely wants to orchestrate the great war of east vs west, christian/islam. 

 

devos is an absolute joke and is going to free up federal funds for christian schools. federal funds going to teach kids that science must be backed by god or else it isn't science. disgusting.

The irony.

 

If Betsy DeVos does eventually wreck the education system and the Grad/post grad is so expensive currently, US won't have many skilled workers for specialized jobs. More job creation for skilled immigrants?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×