Heda

Scheduling interview DCF London

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wondering, my spouse just submitted the DS260 yesterday. She's been scheduled for the medical on Feb 14. She's under the impression that she can't schedule the interview until after she's done the medical. I know you need to complete the medical before going to interview but I always thought you can schedule the interview (for a date after the medical) right away, you don't have to wait until the medical is completed?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not very familiar but try looking here maybe?

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Timeline

Thanks for the replying!

What happened with us was they never sent the LND number, we waited 8 weeks before we contacted the embassy (like they instructed) and she emailed them and lo and behold they had sent it 6 weeks ago! We don't have a letter or anything with instructions. 

So be warned, after 2 weeks, contact the DCF (at least the London one). 

My follow-up question is how do we schedule the interview?

My letter was lost as well...seems to be a common issue. I wish they would email us the case number from the start, much more reliable.

To book interview you first need to submit the form saying ou are ready https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv-notification-of-app-readiness

Once that's submitted you can register and book through https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

Timeline

Thanks! My conspiracy theory is that they deliberately make sure some letters aren't sent (lost in the mail) so they can buy themselves time. An email to notify that they've sent the letter would be nice too

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Sorry to hi-jack, but does this mean that we don't need the Packet 3 to do the Visa application/book the medical, we just need the case number?

K1:

Posted: 11/01/2016

NOA1: 11/07/2016

NOA2: 01/23/2017

NVC Received: 01/30/2017

Case Assigned: 02/06/2017

Left NVC: 02/06/2017

Consulate Received: 02/13/2017

'Packet 3' Received: 02/16/2017

Interview: 03/16/2017

Visa Received: 03/27/2017

Entry: 04/28/2017

Marriage: 05/05/2017

AOS:

Posted: 05/11/2017

NOA1: 05/15/2017

Biometrics: 06/07/2017

EAD SR1: 07/31/17 - Received response 08/28/17 stating under review.
EAD SR2: 08/29/17 - No response
EAD SR3: 09/06/17. Received response 09/07/17 stating under review.

EAD Card in Production: 09/19/2017

EAD Card Mailed: 09/21/2017

EAD Card Received:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.