Jump to content
Mustafa Hashem

Fiance letter to intend & G-325a

14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My native alphabets are in arabic should i sign the letter intend to marry in both arabic and english or just english ? 

" Submit two completed and signed Forms G-325A, Biographic Information; one for you and one for your beneficiary. Except for name and signature, you do not have to repeat the information given on your Form I-129F." so this means i file the g-325a fields without my name and signatures ? can someone explain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about the two signatures, but ALWAYS sign all papers requiring a signing.


K-1:
06/08/2016: I-129F Sent

06/16/2016: Check cashed

06/20/2016: Acceptance 

08/23/2016: Approval

09/03/2016: NVC received our petition

09/08/2016: In transit to Stockholm Embassy

09/09/2016: At Stockholm Embassy

09/13/2016: Checklist received, DS-160 filled out & submitted, $265 fee paid

09/20/2016: Chest x-ray completed

09/21/2016: Physical completed

09/28/2016: Embassy received completed medical

09/29/2016: Interview date, APPROVAL 

10/14/2016: Visa ISSUED

10/17/2016: Visa received

 

AOS
12/22/2016: I-485, I-131, I-765 Sent

01/10/2017: Check cashed

01/11/2017: Acceptance I-485 & I-131

02/03/2017: Biometrics completed

02/15/2017: I-765 Acceptance

04/17/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

05/18/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

05/25/2017: Service request submitted for I-131
06/02/2017: Service request submitted for I-765

06/06/2017: I-765 "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/08/2017: I-131 Approval letter in mail

06/08/2017: I-765 "Card Was Mailed To Me"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a space on the biographic form to write your name in non Roman characters. Otherwise, I would use English on all your signatures and forms.

 

I know the form says you don't have to repeat information on the biographic form, but honestly, it's not a long, complicated form. Both of our forms were completely filled out and submitted. Also, make sure that the signatures on the biographic form G-325A and the letter of intent is "wet", meaning the original signature, not a copy or scan. It took about 10 days for his forms to arrive from India, so keep that in mind when preparing your file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

There is a space on the biographic form to write your name in non Roman characters. Otherwise, I would use English on all your signatures and forms.

 

I know the form says you don't have to repeat information on the biographic form, but honestly, it's not a long, complicated form. Both of our forms were completely filled out and submitted. Also, make sure that the signatures on the biographic form G-325A and the letter of intent is "wet", meaning the original signature, not a copy or scan. It took about 10 days for his forms to arrive from India, so keep that in mind when preparing your file.

Scanned copies of g-325a and letter of intent from beneficiary are fine, they haven't requested wet signatures since they changed the requirements in 2013.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Scanned copies of g-325a and letter of intent from beneficiary are fine, they haven't requested wet signatures since they changed the requirements in 2013.

You mean I waited 10 days for nothing?!?! Oh well... Everything I read said it needed to be the real signature so I went with that. :/

 

Thanks for the correction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

You mean I waited 10 days for nothing?!?! Oh well... Everything I read said it needed to be the real signature so I went with that. :/

 

Thanks for the correction!

Old info that hasn't been updated in years. 10 days isn't bad though, takes 2 months for some. :D


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scandi said:

Old info that hasn't been updated in years. 10 days isn't bad though, takes 2 months for some. :D

Hey Scandi, Are you sure about this?! If so, could you please point me to where you saw/read that original signatures (not scanned) are not required? That would be a life/time saver for me...Thank you in advance!

Edited by brahimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brahimi said:

Hey Scandi, Are you sure about this?! If so, could you please point me to where you've seen that original (not scanned) signatures are not required? Thank you!

If you check the instructions for the form you'll see it doesn't say anything about wet signatures anymore, on the older forms it did. And just search this very form and you will find many, many people who sent scanned ones and were approved. There have been no RFEs for that in years.

 

This topic has been discussed over and over.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mustafa Hashem said:

 Except for name and signature, you do not have to repeat the information given on your Form I-129F."

Means that G-325a MUST have names and signatures, but as someone pointed out above, I would fully fill them out anyway... Good Luck!

Edited by brahimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scandi said:

If you check the instructions for the form you'll see it doesn't say anything about wet signatures anymore, on the older forms it did. And just search this very form and you will find many, many people who sent scanned ones and were approved. There have been no RFEs for that in years.

 

This topic has been discussed over and over.

Thank you for your prompt response! I have looked around, but I've found conflicting reports on this issue. there was no consensus on it. Some say don't take chances, you need original sigs on g-325a and "intent to marry" form/letter, and that those who sent non-original ones just lucked out..Others say, yeah scanned copies are fine! So go figure ;) Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't mean to hijack this post, but the expiration on the G-325A forms says June 30th, 2017, which is just a few months away. Will they have a new one soon, you think? Is it safe if you submit/send it to Dallas a month or so b4 it expires? And even if it's approved here in the States, they'll need to send the whole pkg to the US consulate abroad, and by then it'll most likely be expired..I think some COs may not like that... Your thought? Thanks

Edited by brahimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brahimi said:

Thank you for your prompt response! I have looked around, but I've found conflicting reports on this issue. there was no consensus on it. Some say don't take chances, you need original sigs on g-325a and "intent to marry" form/letter, and that those who sent non-original ones just lucked out..Others say, yeah scanned copies are fine! So go figure ;) Cheers!

<hijacking> :P

That's because there is conflicting information on whether or not a wet signature is required. This question pops up pretty often here. That said, I have yet to see anybody even get an RFE for using a scanned signature for the G-325A or letter of intent to marry, and know many people who have used scanned versions without issues.

 

1 hour ago, brahimi said:

Don't mean to hijack this post, but the expiration on the G-325A forms says June 30th, 2017, which is just a few months away. Will they have a new one soon, you think? Is it safe if you submit/send it to Dallas a month or so b4 it expires? And even if it's approved here in the States, they'll need to send the whole pkg to the US consulate abroad, and by then it'll most likely be expired..I think some COs may not like that... Your thought? Thanks

If the form is about to expire, then yes, they will release a new one. The old ones are usually still valid for a decent period of time as well. For the G-325A, it explicitly says "You can also use previous editions." (this form has not changed much in actual content): https://www.uscis.gov/g-325a


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

?/?/18: Approved (hopefully)

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding expiration dates, see:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/601263-form-expiration-dates-do-not-matter-pay-attention-to-the-edition-dates/

 

And please avoid hijacking people's threads. :)


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×