5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi there everyone,

I have received my biometrics appointment for my AOS based on K1 Visa (Thanks god the EO did not stop my GC process), Now I am preparing my documents also for the GC interview, I have two major questions:

1- Now me and my wife live in my father's in law house, he supported me and he wanted me to settle with them for now, so I don't wast my money on rent since I have no job in the US yet My EAD is in the process) and also my wife is a full time student. So is that a problem and should we move into a separate house or it is ok to explain our situation to the immigration officer?

2-We did not do a wedding party because we don't have relatives and friends here, Our dearest friends and family are in our original country. So instead we Did an engagment party in our original country (before the K1 visa application), it was a huge party with nearly 300 people of our family and friends celebrating our engagement. Of course i didn't include the pictures of this party into my K1 visa so they do not think that we have an official thing ( at that time we did not have any govorment documents it was only a family agreement but I was afraid that they may think that way). Now in our AOS interview they will ask about Marriage photos. Can I say to them that we made this party instead because of our family are overseas or they may not accept that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

no, did you marry in a courthouse? did you take pictures the day you married? if you send the other pictures then they will think you got married and that mean you weren't eligible for the K1. what did you do for your wedding day?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
17 minutes ago, aleful said:

hi

no, did you marry in a courthouse? did you take pictures the day you married? if you send the other pictures then they will think you got married and that mean you weren't eligible for the K1. what did you do for your wedding day?

We took photos with her father and her mother, in the county and also with the judge who announced us as a husband and wife, we didn't make any party as I said because we do not have much friends and no relatives here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with aleful, just use the pictures from the actual courthouse ceremony, don't include any from the engagement party.  Also, as to your question regarding the living arrangements, I don't think that will be an issue either.  Many young couples stay with family while they get established.  The important thing is that you are living together, whether it is at your in-laws, or at a different address should not make a difference.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.