103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi, 

Thank you all for sharing your experience. From what I see here only one person got the case completed.

My i-130 was approved on November 28th and the NVC received the documents on December 20th and sent me the e-mail with the case # and cover sheet, is that my scan date? I am petitioning for my parents. I have called twice and they say that I have to wait up to 6 weeks. But I am not sure when to start counting the 6 weeks, they said to count once they had received everything. I submitted the DS-260 on January 4th and that was the last thing I had left to do. But they received the IV and AOS packets on December 30th.  Can anybody explain to me when I should consider the 6 weeks over?

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
2 hours ago, liset said:

Hi, 

Thank you all for sharing your experience. From what I see here only one person got the case completed.

My i-130 was approved on November 28th and the NVC received the documents on December 20th and sent me the e-mail with the case # and cover sheet, is that my scan date? I am petitioning for my parents. I have called twice and they say that I have to wait up to 6 weeks. But I am not sure when to start counting the 6 weeks, they said to count once they had received everything. I submitted the DS-260 on January 4th and that was the last thing I had left to do. But they received the IV and AOS packets on December 30th.  Can anybody explain to me when I should consider the 6 weeks over?

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. 

if I'm not wrong you could start counting from the 30th 

We received our case complete without an expedite, electronic processing or anything.  All the requested information was submitted according to the document checklist via USPS. It's for a IR1 and IR2 (2 related cases). I called NVC at least twice a week.

Scan date (receive date) December 13

Supervisor review January 25

Case complete February 7 (8 weeks total)

Timeline

Thank you so much Naji and VeVe for your response. What I understand is that the scan date is the day that NVC sent me the first letter with the case #. I hope you all keep posting information about your cases, that helps as a guide for the rest of us who are still waiting. I am having a baby soon and I really need my parents to come. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, liset said:

Thank you so much Naji and VeVe for your response. What I understand is that the scan date is the day that NVC sent me the first letter with the case #. I hope you all keep posting information about your cases, that helps as a guide for the rest of us who are still waiting. I am having a baby soon and I really need my parents to come. 

scan date is when they received your AOS and documents ect......

Timeline

Ok, that means my scan date is December 30th. Does anyone know how behind they are? Are December cases being reviewed? Last time I called they said I had to wait for the 6 weeks to be over, I hope the case is completed this month, fingers crossed!!!

Timeline
On February 8, 2017 at 10:58 PM, sohma said:

Congrats Veve thank you for sharing with us! :dance:

Thank you Naji for letting me know.  I really do appreciate it!  I'm glad the NVC is starting to clear December cases :)

any news yet if they work on your case this means I'm next :)

3 minutes ago, Naji1789 said:

any news yet if they work on your case this means I'm next :)

Nothing yet Naji.  I called today and was only that I would get an email after the review.  I find someone else on the forums with the same scan date and they also are waiting for case closed.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, sohma said:

Nothing yet Naji.  I called today and was only that I would get an email after the review.  I find someone else on the forums with the same scan date and they also are waiting for case closed.

thats the same thing they told me i been in malaysia too long waiting for the case to be completed :(

Timeline
On February 7, 2017 at 1:59 AM, Zebracakex said:

I am glad you created this thread. My cousin's scan date is December 8th (She is not on VisaJourney) and is still waiting for a Case Complete.

Has anyone had case complete from December ? 

I was looking at a lot of members timelines this past weekend and I don't think NVC has ever taken this long to complete cases . Usually it is around 6 weeks . I don't know whats going on . Good Luck to everyone.

My Scan Date is January 18th :(

so any news on your cousin because some people here are decmeber 13 and they got a CC please let share with ys so we know how they actually process these mails I'm on december 16 so a few days before you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My scan date  is 1st December, 2016, confirmed by phone call. Last week called NVC they said it is in review department, 10 weeks has passed and still waiting. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lion Star said:

My scan date  is 1st December, 2016, confirmed by phone call. Last week called NVC they said it is in review department, 10 weeks has passed and still waiting. 

so if they are telling us they are going thru mail first come first serve but they approved dec 13 an not the 1st something is not right....

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lion Star said:

something not right people scan date way after yours have CC but others haven't  and they tell me they work with the mail first come first serve but thats not the case in your case....

Timeline
13 minutes ago, VeVe said:

Does the case complete depend on the type of visa? I know a K1 will get processed quicker than a IR1.

i doubt it does they receive mail and let it pile they say they start from mail first received 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.