103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

hello

Anyone out there who submitted documents to nvc on December ? any news or updates on your cases i submitted all packages for my wife on the 16th of December 2016 and last time I called and stated its been over the 6 weeks period they said they'll request a supervisor to look into it.... I called a week later and they told me it can take up to 6 weeks again :( this a long long long wait to hear from NVC

My scan date was December 14th with a supervisor notification on January 25th.  I was told the same thing and no news yet.

Keep positive!  :thumbs:

Edited by sohma

Timeline
32 minutes ago, sohma said:

My scan date was December 14th with a supervisor notification on January 25th.  I was told the same thing and no news yet.

i guess more waiting to do

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am glad you created this thread. My cousin's scan date is December 8th (She is not on VisaJourney) and is still waiting for a Case Complete.

Has anyone had case complete from December ? 

I was looking at a lot of members timelines this past weekend and I don't think NVC has ever taken this long to complete cases . Usually it is around 6 weeks . I don't know whats going on . Good Luck to everyone.

My Scan Date is January 18th :(

22 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

I am glad you created this thread. My cousin's scan date is December 8th (She is not on VisaJourney) and is still waiting for a Case Complete.

I was looking at a lot of members timelines this past weekend and I don't think NVC has ever taken this long to complete cases . Usually it is around 6 weeks . I don't know whats going on . Good Luck to everyone.

I think I saw one but it must have either been a fluke or expedited some how.  I noticed on the Feb thread that scan dates at the end of November are starting to come through.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/5/2017 at 11:16 AM, Naji1789 said:

hello

Anyone out there who submitted documents to nvc on December ? any news or updates on your cases i submitted all packages for my wife on the 16th of December 2016 and last time I called and stated its been over the 6 weeks period they said they'll request a supervisor to look into it.... I called a week later and they told me it can take up to 6 weeks again :( this a long long long wait to hear from NVC

my scan date is December 6th and no CC yet! I have been following this forum. Most of us on this forum are December filers. So far not much has happened but hopping that by the end of the week some December filers CC start rolling in! ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My scan date is Dec 28. When I called NVC today, I was told my case is under review and asked to give NVC a call after 2 days when I hit the 6 weeks mark.

Our CR-1 Journey:

06/17/2016 : NOA1 date

10/31/2016 : Transferred to Potomac Service Centre

11/30/2016 : Approved!

12/07/2016 : NVC Received

12/12/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

12/12/2016 : Submitted DS-261

12/13/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC

12/13/2016 : AOS fee invoiced & Paid

12/16/2016 : IV fee invoiced & Paid

12/20/2016 : Submitted DS-260

12/23/2016 : Delivered to NVC

12/28/2016 : Scan date

02/22/2017 : In review dept

03/07/2017 : Case Complete

04/28/2017 : Interview (Approved 🙂)

05/05/2017 : Visa on hand

05/15/2017 : Entered USA

Timeline
16 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

its frustrating... but people been saying it takes 60 to 90 days instead of the 30 days.... yet i see people get cc in a 3 to 5 weeks ? its taking lots of time 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naji1789 said:

its frustrating... but people been saying it takes 60 to 90 days instead of the 30 days.... yet i see people get cc in a 3 to 5 weeks ? its taking lots of time 

If you see that, they're probably K1s or Electronic Processing which is knocked out in days from what I've seen. When we hit 7 weeks (December 13 scan date), I called and the gentleman I spoke to informed me that not only had it not been flagged for a supervisor's review, but that it has to be done manually since there doesn't appear to be an automatic system for it when it hits more than six weeks. Also, he said expect an 11-12 week wait minimum.. . . 

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Our documents were scanned on December 13. Supervisor review on January 25. Case Complete today February 7.

I called 2-3 times a week and checked the CEAC website site about 10-15 times daily looking for the 3 N/A's.

I always asked about our case status. I would inquire about the next step. If the representative was sounding irritated, disgruntled or like they were having a bad day, I was always polite and spoke with a smile in my voice ( even though I felt the same way or worse). Today when the representative said we have your email, I questioned the statement. We did not send an email to NVC. She stated they had the email address and that our case had been completed today.  I almost passed out. 

Patiently (not patiently) awaiting the interview date. Super excited today.  Soon come. 

Moral of this long story: Patience is the key. :D

Timeline
5 hours ago, VeVe said:

Our documents were scanned on December 13. Supervisor review on January 25. Case Complete today February 7.

I called 2-3 times a week and checked the CEAC website site about 10-15 times daily looking for the 3 N/A's.

I always asked about our case status. I would inquire about the next step. If the representative was sounding irritated, disgruntled or like they were having a bad day, I was always polite and spoke with a smile in my voice ( even though I felt the same way or worse). Today when the representative said we have your email, I questioned the statement. We did not send an email to NVC. She stated they had the email address and that our case had been completed today.  I almost passed out. 

Patiently (not patiently) awaiting the interview date. Super excited today.  Soon come. 

Moral of this long story: Patience is the key. :D

:):):) congrats i know this must be a big relief i wish we all here some good news this week  so did you ever see the 3 n/a because thats what i have been looking for 

Edited by Naji1789

59 minutes ago, Naji1789 said:

:):):) congrats i know this must be a big relief i wish we all here some good news this week  so did you ever see the 3 n/a because thats what i have been looking for 

Yes.  We have the 3 N/A's. Hopefully you'll hear something this week.  Your scan date is 3 days after ours.

Timeline
6 hours ago, VeVe said:

Yes.  We have the 3 N/A's. Hopefully you'll hear something this week.  Your scan date is 3 days after ours.

i hope so  good luck with the rest of the process

Timeline
On February 7, 2017 at 0:57 AM, sohma said:

did you read veve's she was december 13th and just got a CC this week hopefully your next in line 

Edited by Naji1789

6 hours ago, VeVe said:

6 minutes ago, Naji1789 said:

did you read veve's she was december 13th and just got a CC this week hopefully your next in line 

Congrats Veve thank you for sharing with us! :dance:

Thank you Naji for letting me know.  I really do appreciate it!  I'm glad the NVC is starting to clear December cases :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.