Jennifererr

Was brought to the us as I minor and now want to go back

22 posts in this topic

So quick story. I was brought to the USA as a minor from the U.K. When I was 13 years old on my parents visa, they fought for renewal etc, and for some reason got denied multiple times because their work visa wasn't making enough money or something like that I never really understood the situation. So they waited and fought and got no where so had to wait another year to sell the business, I was 20 when we decided to come back, might I say that I am now currently pregnant with my boyfriend who still lives in America, I would of loved to stayed but couldn't have the funds to support me and my baby and fight to get a visa and the thought of going through a situation without my parents scared me. So I applied for the vwp and to my knowledge I said no to overstaying than what the us adminissed because my parents told me that we were in the process of applying and that I was brought over as a minor so it doesn't apply for me. I got approved, and I am having my baby in April and NEED to take him over there to meet his dad. It's such a heart breaking situation for me and I wish I was in more of control of the past situation. So my question is, am I going to have complications while trying to enter the USA? 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jennifererr said:

So quick story. I was brought to the USA as a minor from the U.K. When I was 13 years old on my parents visa, they fought for renewal etc, and for some reason got denied multiple times because their work visa wasn't making enough money or something like that I never really understood the situation. So they waited and fought and got no where so had to wait another year to sell the business, I was 20 when we decided to come back, might I say that I am now currently pregnant with my boyfriend who still lives in America, I would of loved to stayed but couldn't have the funds to support me and my baby and fight to get a visa and the thought of going through a situation without my parents scared me. So I applied for the vwp and to my knowledge I said no to overstaying than what the us adminissed because my parents told me that we were in the process of applying and that I was brought over as a minor so it doesn't apply for me. I got approved, and I am having my baby in April and NEED to take him over there to meet his dad. It's such a heart breaking situation for me and I wish I was in more of control of the past situation. So my question is, am I going to have complications while trying to enter the USA? 

Why can't his dad come to him?  You don't need to take him over, you want to take him over.

any overstay as an adult (over 18) does count against you.  How long were you out of status?

Just now, Transborderwife said:

Why can't his dad come to him?  You don't need to take him over, you want to take him over.

any overstay as an adult (over 18) does count against you.  How long were you out of status?

His dad can't get a USA passport due to an over excessive amount of back payment fines. We are both stuck in a bad situation but I have more of a chance to be there than he does, of course I find it a need that my baby gets to see his father? Even if I was brought over as a minor I'm still considered unlawful? I've always been told otherwise. They had a 3 year work visa and then re applied the entire time we were over there because they were told that we wouldn't need to come back to the UK to do so by an immigration lawyer in the USA. We were there for almost 7 years all together 

So I applied for the vwp and to my knowledge I said no to overstaying than what the us adminissed because my parents told me that we were in the process of applying and that I was brought over as a minor so it doesn't apply for me.

-- No offense, but I wouldn't trust your parents on this... You want to verify if you did overstay because misrepresentation + overstay could be a messier situation than you think.  

How long are you planning to stay during you visit? Are you planning to move to the USA to live?

Just now, Lemonslice said:

So I applied for the vwp and to my knowledge I said no to overstaying than what the us adminissed because my parents told me that we were in the process of applying and that I was brought over as a minor so it doesn't apply for me.

-- No offense, but I wouldn't trust your parents on this... You want to verify if you did overstay because misrepresentation + overstay could be a messier situation than you think.  

How long are you planning to stay during you visit? Are you planning to move to the USA to live?

No just to be eligible to bring my baby over to see his dad whenever I can. I wish I had more control of the situation. I was young and didn't know any better.. and now I have a soon to be child and may not even be able to enter the country to see friends or his father. 

5 minutes ago, Jennifererr said:

His dad can't get a USA passport due to an over excessive amount of back payment fines. We are both stuck in a bad situation but I have more of a chance to be there than he does, of course I find it a need that my baby gets to see his father? Even if I was brought over as a minor I'm still considered unlawful? I've always been told otherwise. They had a 3 year work visa and then re applied the entire time we were over there because they were told that we wouldn't need to come back to the UK to do so by an immigration lawyer in the USA. We were there for almost 7 years all together 

You might be stuck for real. He can pay the fines ASAP...

You're probably have a ban so no visa for you. You also lied on the government application and that might mean no more US for you. Also it kind of sounds like your parents didn't really explain you the whole story.

The "the father needs to see his son" means nothing to the USCIS. He can visit you.

edit: nevermind, just saw that he can't get the passport. Well, tell him to sort his life.

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jennifererr said:

No just to be eligible to bring my baby over to see his dad whenever I can. I wish I had more control of the situation. I was young and didn't know any better.. and now I have a soon to be child and may not even be able to enter the country to see friends or his father. 

Basically you had a pass until you were 18. But you said you were 20 when you left.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Get some tea, go to your parents, sit down, and have them lay it all out. Even though you were brought over as a minor overstay starts counting against you the moment you turned 18. You claiming you never overstayed on your VWP application is another strike. 

You mentioned they had a work visa but had to sell their business. What company sponsored them for a work visa?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like an E2, initial E2 could have been 3 years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes you both are in a ness, he cant travel due to inability of getting a passport caused by back payments owed,

is that due to child support,? you said you could not afford to take care of the baby when your parents leaves,

so why did he not man up marry you along with finding you some stability. Getting back in wont be easy but

when the child is born with proper papers the child can go to the US, the US grandparenst can go get the

child for summer visits with father

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can the 2 of you meet somewhere in Canada? He wouldn't need to get a passport if he was driving over the border but would need to obtain an enhanced drivers license to enter Canada. He could not use it for air travel though.

These are the requirements for US citizens for an enhanced license:

• Proof of state residency. Depending on your state you will either need one or two documents of proof.
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship.
  • Proof of identity. In most cases, your current driver's license will suffice.
  • A valid Social Security number.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Just now, moemac59 said:

Can the 2 of you meet somewhere in Canada? He wouldn't need to get a passport if he was driving over the border but would need to obtain an enhanced drivers license to enter Canada. He could not use it for air travel though.

These are the requirements for US citizens for an enhanced license:

• Proof of state residency. Depending on your state you will either need one or two documents of proof.
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship.
  • Proof of identity. In most cases, your current driver's license will suffice.
  • A valid Social Security number.

If all else fails this is what we plan on doing! Thankyou, the most helpful post yet! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.