5,924 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Lindzray said:

Thank you. I swear, all these website and all these list are doing my head in.

Is it wrong to think we are on the right path if we have the interview scheduled?!?! I'm just trying to make sure that all our ducks are in a row.

Once you received your LND number from NVC you should have completed the DS160 online, scheduled and attended the medical exam, completed the Online Readiness Form and then scheduled the interview and chosen the courier service.

In terms of documents your fiance will need to take, he needs to take the DS160 confirmation page, the interview instruction confirmation page, his passport, long form birth certificate, adoption certificate (if applicable), name change deed poll (if applicable), divorce decree or death certificate (if applicable for your fiance, yours would have already been submitted), police certificate from ACRO in the UK, police certificate for any other country he lived in for 12 months or longer since the age of 16, court and prison records (if applicable), military records (if applicable), 2 US sized passport photos, Form I-134 with support documentation (letter from your employer, your most recent paystubs, W2, tax transcripts, bank statement - in general London only requests 1-2 of these support documents), and translations of any documents that are not in English.

Edited by RaptureSongbird

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Good afternoon everyone day 61 of waiting for RFE response called USCIS after work today. First agent I spoke to was a rude jerk straight out refused to transfer me. I called again and am waiting for call back from Tier 2 officer. It has been 179 days since NOA1 what will it take to receive kind service from USCIS employes lol?

14 minutes ago, Lindzray said:

Thank you. I swear, all these website and all these list are doing my head in.

Is it wrong to think we are on the right path if we have the interview scheduled?!?! I'm just trying to make sure that all our ducks are in a row.

Also, I totally understand what you mean about the different websites and instructions, it can be a lot to take in at times, especially when you get conflicting information (London Embassy Website and Knightsbridge Website/Email for instance).

It's also nice to see another Illinois resident with a UK fiance :)

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First time to called NVC today, waited for 4mins. in line. And i spoke with a guy, He said that they just put our case in their system a while ago today. And finally we have now our case number. :jest::jest::jest: Now waiting time to be in case ready. :whistle:

Timeline
1 hour ago, elranchero20 said:

Good afternoon everyone day 61 of waiting for RFE response called USCIS after work today. First agent I spoke to was a rude jerk straight out refused to transfer me. I called again and am waiting for call back from Tier 2 officer. It has been 179 days since NOA1 what will it take to receive kind service from USCIS employes lol?

I'm on day 67. At least you're not alone? Haha let me know what tier 2 says cause I called them on day 61 and they just told me to keep waiting haha

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

37 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

First time to called NVC today, waited for 4mins. in line. And i spoke with a guy, He said that they just put our case in their system a while ago today. And finally we have now our case number. :jest::jest::jest: Now waiting time to be in case ready. :whistle:

Awesome !!!! What number did you end up calling ? And did you have to press and specific line to actual speak to a person ? I am planning on calling tomorrow 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bannonmh194 said:

Awesome !!!! What number did you end up calling ? And did you have to press and specific line to actual speak to a person ? I am planning on calling tomorrow 

I dialed  603-334-0700 press 1 for English and 3 if they received my case. I called 9pm ET.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 7/3/2017 at 9:45 AM, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Back in February, my fiance needed to change his name on his passport (he needed to put his last name in the last name field, which was blank). The passport was originally issued in Kerala but he lives in Delhi, so he updated his address at the same time. The police went to his apartment to verify the address - it was a pain in the a** but not complicated. I am pretty sure your fiance can do the same thing - just update the address to Pune.

Hey could you please share your experience on getting your PCC in Pune?

7 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

12 days after you received your NOA2, that's really quick!

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

I checked my case number at NVC site and it says it's still in NVC. Question: It also says that there are six steps that you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms, and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything or missing.  What does it mean?? Anyone from PH petitioners?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
15 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

I checked my case number at NVC site and it says it's still in NVC. Question: It also says that there are six steps that you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms, and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything or missing.  What does it mean?? Anyone from PH petitioners?

Ceac tracker always displays that message, but it doesn't apply to K1 visas, so no need to worry about that, but whatever are the country specific steps once your case is ready :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

8 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Why wait to be in case ready. You have everything to move forward for USEM interview.  It's time to pay your interview fee, complete the DS-160, schedule your interview and medical. This is the fun part where YOU are charge now of how fast you want this to go. Don't wait around for case ready there is NO need to do so.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

32 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

You're reading the requirements for the CR1 visa which is for married couples. Your on the K1 so a different set of steps.  Here I will list what you need:

This is the Embassy letter or better known as Packet 3. Use this as a check list for all the required steps and documents needed.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

Here is a link to the K-1 process through USEM. Step by Step from Hank's website.  

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Keep in mind this is a good forum here as you are "traveling together" on your initial journey. But now you're asking questions of others who haven't necessarily completed their K1 and they are processing through another Embassy that doesn't have the same steps from USEM, so they have limited knowledge. Therefore, I recommend that you ask your specific USEM questions over in the Philippines forum where you will receive great help.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You're reading the requirements for the CR1 visa which is for married couples. Your on the K1 so a different set of steps.  Here I will list what you need:

This is the Embassy letter or better known as Packet 3. Use this as a check list for all the required steps and documents needed.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

Here is a link to the K-1 process through USEM. Step by Step from Hank's website.  

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Keep in mind this is a good forum here as you are "traveling together" on your initial journey. But now you're asking questions of others who haven't necessarily completed their K1 and they are processing through another Embassy that doesn't have the same steps from USEM, so they have limited knowledge. Therefore, I recommend that you ask your specific USEM questions over in the Philippines forum where you will receive great help.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

36 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Ceac tracker always displays that message, but it doesn't apply to K1 visas, so no need to worry about that, but whatever are the country specific steps once your case is ready :)

Thanks guys!💋💋💋

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.