meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Tim Lee said:

I-130 processing times is updated again, however US Citizen is still stuck at September 2nd while permanent residents are at November 2nd... ####### is going on with Texas processing center??

I noticed a very similar go-slow happen for mine at Potomac. Only moved from October 1 to October 10 :(

On 5/17/2017 at 9:37 PM, SharathShankar said:

Hi, we had filed in Feb 2017, with the NOA1 date as 20th Feb 2017 and priority date as 21st Feb, 2017 at the Nebraska Service Center. My wife is a USC and I am currently waiting in India. 

Any idea, where we are with the Nebraska Service Center timelines. The official website doesn't seem to be updated and real life examples would help :)

Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting.. It's so hard to stay away from your loved one. :(

Hi there. My receipt date was February 21 2017 and is at Potomac Service Centre, husband is USC. Looks like we've got a couple of months waiting to go too :( 

8 minutes ago, AlisonC said:

I noticed a very similar go-slow happen for mine at Potomac. Only moved from October 1 to October 10 :(

Alison i know I'm so disappointed and couldn't believe it. I'm Potomac as well work 2/27 priority date 

On 5/23/2017 at 11:39 PM, jan2fos2 said:

Here goes. His wife is a US resident. He use to travel back and forth to visit because as you know their status takes a lot longer to process. His wife was told by a family member that he should not travel anymore because of where the process is at. So she called NVC to find out if it was true that when the process gets to a certain point to not travel. They confirmed that to be so. 

The news came just in time for my friend as he was getting ready to purchase a ticket and go surprise his wife for their anniversary.

Long and short he did not travel for 1 yr and 6mths as it took that long for a visa to be available for his category as his date kept getting pushed back. 

Again on this question, husband is in LAX but what is we want to meeting Mexico, which requires me to transit in US and i have the B1/B2?

Do i still have the right to transit? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

From what i know you can use B1/B2 visa to transit through usa. That shouldn't be a problem just be honest to say that you are in transit and for how many hours or that you will be staying in the US for a day or two and make your way to Mexico for your vacation. It all depends how you plan to transit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, AlisonC said:

Hi there. My receipt date was February 21 2017 and is at Potomac Service Centre, husband is USC. Looks like we've got a couple of months waiting to go too :( 

Anticipating between August/September now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Any updates for feb applications I-130?  Noa1 was received on feb 6 and priority date feb 6. I haven't received any information. I called once and uscis rep stated I should just check online and they will contact if they need anything. Just sad to not have my hubby with me :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Texas still stuck in December filers .... i think August will be our month ... im also without my wife and she just told me today how she cried for 20 minutes last time i left :(  i feel so sad

i plan on seeing her every 3-4 months

stay strong and lets hope for the best

Hi Everyone,

I was married December 2016 to a US Citizen and we filed our i-130 on January 6th from Colorado. Our Receipt was received on January 13th in the post and had the starting Letter YSC. I'm currently residing in London, UK - We have not heard anything back since this time in January and our status on the uscis site currently still only says case received...

Is this normal? Has anyone else who filed the i-130 around this time been approved? I know we are still only at the 5 month mark but all the waiting is just making me nervous that I should be doing something! 

Thank you for your support - best of luck to everyone here :)

- Lana 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

yes this is im guessing normal because i got my receive letter on March 6, and still have not heard anything back. what service center are you guys being processed at? mine is the Taxes Service Center. i am super worried myself...:(

On 5/31/2017 at 0:03 AM, larnar1309 said:

Hi Everyone,

I was married December 2016 to a US Citizen and we filed our i-130 on January 6th from Colorado. Our Receipt was received on January 13th in the post and had the starting Letter YSC. I'm currently residing in London, UK - We have not heard anything back since this time in January and our status on the uscis site currently still only says case received...

Is this normal? Has anyone else who filed the i-130 around this time been approved? I know we are still only at the 5 month mark but all the waiting is just making me nervous that I should be doing something! 

Thank you for your support - best of luck to everyone here :)

- Lana 

Hi Lana :) My receipt date is 21 Feb 2017 at YSC (Potomac). From threads I see, some people that had receipt dates of December 2016 had theirs approved in April/May 2017. Mine just has the "case received" notification too. I've asked my lawyer, and he said the next time we will hear from them is when it is approved (or heavens forbid, they need more information). Best of luck to you! It seems you are very close to getting through this part!

53 minutes ago, AlisonC said:

Hi Lana :) My receipt date is 21 Feb 2017 at YSC (Potomac). From threads I see, some people that had receipt dates of December 2016 had theirs approved in April/May 2017. Mine just has the "case received" notification too. I've asked my lawyer, and he said the next time we will hear from them is when it is approved (or heavens forbid, they need more information). Best of luck to you! It seems you are very close to getting through this part!

Hi Alison :) yes - I read that this week people who are the first week of December are receiving NOA2s! Hopefully not much longer for us :D best of luck to you too! 

Some updates, i saw January approval in Potomac, and maybe a few of that for Texas too!

Hang in there folks!!!!

I have sent a request to USCIS (regarding my country of birth) and got an email receipt acknowledgement they said they noticed the typo but will not issue a new NOA1, but at least it proofs that someone is working on things!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.