NYCGUY226

October 2016 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 5/23/2017 at 11:44 PM, RRR2016 said:

Have you received any updates from NVC? Have you been able to Pay the Fees?

Yes I paid the AOS fee and submitted the DS-261 Choice of Agent form and now waiting for the IV Fee.  What about you?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, NYCGUY226 said:

Yes I paid the AOS fee and submitted the DS-261 Choice of Agent form and now waiting for the IV Fee.  What about you?

No we haven't moved forward with anything. How were you able to pay the AOS fee? Did you receive any notification in the mail?

Thanks!

Timeline
7 hours ago, RRR2016 said:

No we haven't moved forward with anything. How were you able to pay the AOS fee? Did you receive any notification in the mail?

Thanks!

I just keep checking in the  NVC case portal --> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx ever since I got the case number and invoice ID number from NVC ( I kept calling every other day until a rep finally said that a case number and invoice id number was created for my parents' cases) . Once you have those numbers you can log in and see your case status and you will see a section for Fees and Applications.  For the first few days the AOS Fee links were not clickable and then on the 17th I saw that the pay AOS link was active and when I clicked it let me go through the steps of paying with my banking information.   then it took a week for the status to go from "processing" to "PAID".  A day or so afterwards I was able to click on the DS-261 link where my husband became the agent for my parents' cases.  For you it would be your attorney.

So now I am just waiting for the IV pay fee link becomes active so far I am not able to click on it.  They say this part usually takes about a month.  I STRONGLY suggest that you call the NVC, choose option 2.  you will be on hold for about 20 minutes and when someone finally answers they will ask you for your case number.  Tell them that is why you are calling and then they will ask you for your I-130 receipt number.  They will then give you the Case number and make sure that they also give you the IIN number since you need both to log into the above link to do the electronic processing of paying fees and filling out the DS-261 choose agent online form and eventually where you will be able to pay the IV fee and then fill out the IV online application (DS-260).

My advise is not to rely on your attorney at this point.  They are not as anxious about your case processing as quickly as possible as you are :).   Let me know if you get stuck somewhere but definitely your next step is to call NVC to get your Case and IIN and then log in immediately into the https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx to start paying your fees and filling out the DS-261.  The clock to enable you to fill out the IV application does not start until you have filled out the DS-261 and paid your AOS fee.   Let me know how it goes ok

Timeline
4 hours ago, NYCGUY226 said:

I just keep checking in the  NVC case portal --> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx ever since I got the case number and invoice ID number from NVC ( I kept calling every other day until a rep finally said that a case number and invoice id number was created for my parents' cases) . Once you have those numbers you can log in and see your case status and you will see a section for Fees and Applications.  For the first few days the AOS Fee links were not clickable and then on the 17th I saw that the pay AOS link was active and when I clicked it let me go through the steps of paying with my banking information.   then it took a week for the status to go from "processing" to "PAID".  A day or so afterwards I was able to click on the DS-261 link where my husband became the agent for my parents' cases.  For you it would be your attorney.

So now I am just waiting for the IV pay fee link becomes active so far I am not able to click on it.  They say this part usually takes about a month.  I STRONGLY suggest that you call the NVC, choose option 2.  you will be on hold for about 20 minutes and when someone finally answers they will ask you for your case number.  Tell them that is why you are calling and then they will ask you for your I-130 receipt number.  They will then give you the Case number and make sure that they also give you the IIN number since you need both to log into the above link to do the electronic processing of paying fees and filling out the DS-261 choose agent online form and eventually where you will be able to pay the IV fee and then fill out the IV online application (DS-260).

My advise is not to rely on your attorney at this point.  They are not as anxious about your case processing as quickly as possible as you are :).   Let me know if you get stuck somewhere but definitely your next step is to call NVC to get your Case and IIN and then log in immediately into the https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx to start paying your fees and filling out the DS-261.  The clock to enable you to fill out the IV application does not start until you have filled out the DS-261 and paid your AOS fee.   Let me know how it goes ok

Thank you so much. I will call NVC today to see if I can get our case number. Our lawyer told us we may receive a response in month and I have not heard anything. You are correct, he is in no hurry, but we are, hehe. 

I'll keep you updated on our progress.

God bless your heart for being so kind and providing the information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Kindly reply at your earliest convenience.

One of family relative father is US citizen and he applied for his son immigration. Last year in Sept. 2016 he received letter to submit related papers and forms.

My relative appointed someone an agent in USA. My relative has provided his appointed agent (DS-260) and Affidavit of support (From me) for submitting. Now it has been 3 months, God knows why this appointed agent is not submitting those papers.

Now my relative has asked me, if appointed agent can be changed.  What is the procedure to change appointed agent? I would to become his agent. 

Please reply...... Thank you.

Edited by APKartoos

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/26/2017 at 0:38 PM, RRR2016 said:

Thank you so much. I will call NVC today to see if I can get our case number. Our lawyer told us we may receive a response in month and I have not heard anything. You are correct, he is in no hurry, but we are, hehe. 

I'll keep you updated on our progress.

God bless your heart for being so kind and providing the information.

One of family relative father is US citizen and he applied for his son immigration. Last year in Sept. 2016 he received letter to submit related papers and forms.

My relative appointed someone an agent in USA. My relative has provided his appointed agent (DS-260) and Affidavit of support (From me) for submitting. Now it has been 3 months, God knows why this appointed agent is not submitting those papers.

Now my relative has asked me, if appointed agent can be changed.  What is the procedure to change appointed agent? I would to become his agent. 

Timeline
On 5/27/2017 at 9:24 PM, APKartoos said:

Hi. Sorry to hear about the delay in your process. But I honestly don't know. I would call NVC to check on the procedure or if there is a form you need to submit to change your agent. I'm sure NVC should be able to provide assistance.

On 5/26/2017 at 7:45 AM, NYCGUY226 said:

Thank you so much. I was able to speak to a Tier 2 officer on Friday and he gave me the case number and invoice ID. I logged in and apparently we are now able to pay the AOS and IV Fees. So I called our legal aid and emailed our lawyer. We will be paying the fees this week, but they asked us to not pay the fees on our own because the lawyer needs to be assigned as our agent. If he don't add him, he would not receive any notification. So we hope to move forward with our case this week.

Thank you again for all your help.

Timeline
4 hours ago, RRR2016 said:

Hi. Sorry to hear about the delay in your process. But I honestly don't know. I would call NVC to check on the procedure or if there is a form you need to submit to change your agent. I'm sure NVC should be able to provide assistance.

Thank you so much. I was able to speak to a Tier 2 officer on Friday and he gave me the case number and invoice ID. I logged in and apparently we are now able to pay the AOS and IV Fees. So I called our legal aid and emailed our lawyer. We will be paying the fees this week, but they asked us to not pay the fees on our own because the lawyer needs to be assigned as our agent. If he don't add him, he would not receive any notification. So we hope to move forward with our case this week.

Thank you again for all your help.

Wow that is great news RRR...We are now so close to the end of the tunnel at last! it felt like forever at USCIS

Timeline
49 minutes ago, NYCGUY226 said:

Wow that is great news RRR...We are now so close to the end of the tunnel at last! it felt like forever at USCIS

Thank you. I'm happy to hear your process is also moving forward. I went through the same process last year and after the documents were sent to NVC it did not take too long to receive the interview letter. It's getting close.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Journeyers I'm happy to tell you that my mother's case was complete at the NVC on the 5/31 and today I got the interview email for July 24

Priority date: 04 October 2016

Approval: February 24, 2017

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Timeline
On 5/27/2017 at 7:24 PM, APKartoos said:

Were you able to contact NVC?

I noticed that after I login in it says the following:

- - -

Summary Information

Please contact the National Visa Center, if you want to change the Agent/Attorney Name or Address Information on your case.

- - -

I hope this helps

Timeline
On 5/25/2017 at 6:27 PM, NYCGUY226 said:

Hi NYCGUY,

Have you been able to move forward with your case?

We were able to pay the fees (AOS and IV Fee) on June 2nd and it still shows up as IN PROCESS.

Edited by RRR2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.