NYCGUY226

October 2016 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, NYCGUY226 said:

6 months today since I submitted my parents I-130 forms and no news.... :( 

i see petitions for Filipino nationals get approved in under 2 months...it's so unfair.

When did you submit your financial documents to NVC?  Did u call them?  Im also still waiting for mine.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, RRR2016 said:

6 months and two weeks for us and no news yet, either.

Same here... tomorrow is my second month since i sent my documents to nvc, i will sure call them and find out whats going on.  They are so slow and delayed due to snowstorm last month.

Edited by Hope101

Filed: IR-5 Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, RRR2016 said:

I guess we have no choice but to wait it out then :( but we will soon get good news.  Did you use an attorney to file your beneficiary's I-130 petition?  I did not use an attorney.  

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NYCGUY226 said:

I guess we have no choice but to wait it out then :( but we will soon get good news.  Did you use an attorney to file your beneficiary's I-130 petition?  I did not use an attorney.  

Yes, I did use an attorney. I contacted him last week, asking if there was anything we could do. He mentioned the timeline for a I-130 approval is 6 to 8 months. So he advised we wait 4 more weeks before proceeding with any inquiry. At this point, all we can do is wait. Again, our case was transferred to Texas Service Center to 'speed up processing'. But unfortunately I do not see that happening.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/13/2017 at 11:57 AM, RRR2016 said:

Yes, I did use an attorney. I contacted him last week, asking if there was anything we could do. He mentioned the timeline for a I-130 approval is 6 to 8 months. So he advised we wait 4 more weeks before proceeding with any inquiry. At this point, all we can do is wait. Again, our case was transferred to Texas Service Center to 'speed up processing'. But unfortunately I do not see that happening.

FINALLY!!!!!!  MY PARENTS PETITIONS HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!!! :):):)  Wow it took 6 months and 2 weeks but they FINALLY approved them.  They approved them this Monday April 24th.  our priority date was Oct 13, 2016.  Now the NVC wait begins for us but finally I'm seeing progress. 

RRR2016 you should be getting the same good news really soon if you haven't already! I wish everyone in this board the fast approvals so you can all have your family members close to you here.

Edited by NYCGUY226

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NYCGUY226 said:

FINALLY!!!!!!  MY PARENTS PETITIONS HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!!! :):):)  Wow it took 6 months and 2 weeks but they FINALLY approved them.  They approved them this Monday April 24th.  our priority date was Oct 13, 2016.  Now the NVC wait begins for us but finally I'm seeing progress. 

RRR2016 you should be getting the same good news really soon if you haven't already! I wish everyone in this board the fast approvals so you can all have your family members close to you here.

We received the notification last week and the website updated on Monday. We were approved on 04/14/17.

Congratulations to you too!

Now to wait for the next step :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, RRR2016 said:

We received the notification last week and the website updated on Monday. We were approved on 04/14/17.

Congratulations to you too!

Now to wait for the next step :)

That is terrific news RRR2016.  Have you found a good forum for us to join about the NVC processing?  if so please let me know so I can join it too.  Else, I can create one.  It is useful to be in a forum where we are all in the same stage and get advise on all the stuff we have to do during NVC processing.  This is where most of the stuff happens..the DS260, DS261, AOS form, IV package, etc...  I want to make sure we do everything right to make the process smooth

Timeline
10 hours ago, NYCGUY226 said:

That is terrific news RRR2016.  Have you found a good forum for us to join about the NVC processing?  if so please let me know so I can join it too.  Else, I can create one.  It is useful to be in a forum where we are all in the same stage and get advise on all the stuff we have to do during NVC processing.  This is where most of the stuff happens..the DS260, DS261, AOS form, IV package, etc...  I want to make sure we do everything right to make the process smooth

We are using an attorney for our case. Forums with good information on the NVC stage is available in the September 2016 I-130 Filers. You should join and scroll through previous pages. I'm also happy to share any information on how we move on with our case.

Timeline
On 4/26/2017 at 10:21 PM, RRR2016 said:

We are using an attorney for our case. Forums with good information on the NVC stage is available in the September 2016 I-130 Filers. You should join and scroll through previous pages. I'm also happy to share any information on how we move on with our case.

Great thanks and I will also keep sharing my progress with you also.  I have joined the September 2016 I-130 filers.  Thanks

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi, my PD is oct 25 Nebraska IR5

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Timeline
On 4/26/2017 at 10:21 PM, RRR2016 said:

Hi RRR,

I just called NVC just now and they told me that they received my parents' approved I-130 petitions yesterday (5/8/2017).  USCIS sent them on 5/2/2017 so it took 6 days to be received by NVC.  The lady told me that it can take 2 weeks to be assigned a case number so I will keep calling them every 3 days to check for a case and IIN number.  You may want to call them if you haven't already also.  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/13/2017 at 10:38 AM, RRR2016 said:

I think funding for USCIS has been reduced. Never have I seen applications taking this amount of time to approve. And it's not like they're reporting anything to justify why they've been holding up the process. I interpret to mean that it has become normal processing times. 

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Timeline
On 4/26/2017 at 8:36 AM, NYCGUY226 said:

Have you received any updates from NVC? Have you been able to Pay the Fees?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.