Brainstormer

How to get an appointment on infopass

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

A BIG Thank YOU, to Brainstormer and StaGor for your awesome, smart tips! Got one for next week, in less than an hour! What worked for me previously checking online past midnight, doesn't seem to work anymore now. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My local field office is in Montgomery Alabama and I've been checking continually for appointments. I just happened to log in at 1:56 am and there were numerous appointments available.  So if you cant try what the OP suggested, try checking after midnight. I used my tablet.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:34 PM, TigranG said:

Thanks for the idea. Enhanced a little bit, wrote a test script which opens the page and detects the changes, sends an email and frozes the page. The autorefresher won't work if you're not in front of computer. 

Was able to get an appoinment for the next day in an hours!

Can you please share the script?
I am having a hard time making an appointment.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/25/2018 at 1:29 PM, annahoch2 said:

Thanks so much for this advice, Brainstormer. It's Monday morning, 10AM PST and I got an appointment within 1 hour of setting up the auto refresher. Awesome and super easy!! My appointment is in exactly 14 days which is fine since I'm not in too much of a hurry yet. I just had another available one (just checking if there might be one a little sooner) and had one pop up for TODAY. 

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and installed the C4C Check for Change App - took less than 3 minutes. I marked the phrase There are no available appointment slots for this date and had it refresh every 30 seconds. Voila.

using Firefox, thanks for the info.

Married January 15, 2014

USCIS

I130 sent March, 11, 2014 NOA1 March 18

I129F sent April 7, 2014 NOA1 April 14

NOA2 September 10, 2014

NVC received October 1, 2014

NVC

Case # assigned October 17, 2014

Paid AOS and IV October 24, 2014

Submitted electronically November 19, 2014

December 11, 2014 received confirming email receipt of documents

January 26, 2015 checklist for AOS missing info and IV docs (say did not receive)

February 5, 2015 resubmitted IV docs

January 29 resubmitted AOS checklist docs

February 20, 2015 all docs received

February 20, 2015 case complete

February 27, 2015 Case complete email received.

March 2, 2015 Interview email received Interview Date April 17, 2015. Montreal

Medical scheduled April 10, 2015 Montreal

Signed up for courier service.

April 2, 2015 Medisys calls to reschedule medical . ( there is no emoticon that could accurately represent my dismay)

April 6, 2015 Medical rescheduled to April 9

April 9, 2015 Medical complete.

April 17, 2015 Interview and approval.

April 23, 2015 visa received!

May 2, 2015 visa fee paid.

August 1, 2015 POE reunited with my husband.

September 2015 ; 2 year green card received.

ROC

May 4th 2017 package sent to CSC

May 6th 2017 Package received USPS tracking

May 16th 2017 Check cashed

May 18th 2017 NOA1 received dated May 8, 2017

May 27th 2017 Biometrics received appointment June 7th, 2017

June 5th 2017 early walk in biometrics New Orleans

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/2/2018 at 6:40 PM, SilverMonk said:

This isnt working for me because a '' Confirm form resubmission'' prompt keeps showing up and keeps bringing me back to the page. Has anyone figured a way around this?

Do any of you know if one can schedule a infopass in a state different than the one they live in? My fiancee lives in Massachusetts and the Boston office has no times, and when we do find an available appointment it doesn't work for her because of her work. But the next state over, Rhode Island, has a field office in Providence with plenty of available appointments.

Does anyone know if she can book an appointment in Providence without any problems of will they refuse her appointment if they see that shes from another state.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, Kitti said:

using Firefox, thanks for the info.

C4C app? 

Found it! 😉

Edited by SCOOCHY 1
Found answer!

On 6/25/2018 at 1:29 PM, annahoch2 said:

Thanks so much for this advice, Brainstormer. It's Monday morning, 10AM PST and I got an appointment within 1 hour of setting up the auto refresher. Awesome and super easy!! My appointment is in exactly 14 days which is fine since I'm not in too much of a hurry yet. I just had another available one (just checking if there might be one a little sooner) and had one pop up for TODAY. 

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and installed the C4C Check for Change App - took less than 3 minutes. I marked the phrase There are no available appointment slots for this date and had it refresh every 30 seconds. Voila.

Where did you get the C4C app? 

Ah I found it! 😉

Thanks 

Edited by SCOOCHY 1
Found answer!

So I just wanted to let you all know that this morning I went on my PC and  added C4C  extension -  1 minute after I added C4C there was an appointment!!! (for office in Newark NJ)

I immediately accepted the appointment slot BUT unfortunately I have no car right now if my car was fixed I would have jumped in it and been on my way to my appointment for 9:30am I asked if friends could take me but by the time some of them could pick me up I would have arrived too late. Which, you know if that happens, that would have been the day you didn't wait hours for them to call your name!! So, because of that I cancelled my appointment and some other person has snapped it up - I am happy for them because God really knows we all need these appointments!! It's a shame we have to go to these lengths to secure an appointment. BUT IT WORKS!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2018 at 5:40 PM, SilverMonk said:

This isnt working for me because a '' Confirm form resubmission'' prompt keeps showing up and keeps bringing me back to the page. Has anyone figured a way around this?

Hello to all, 

I am having the same issue here. I followed the instructions but every minute when the page automatically refreshes I get a Confirm form resubmission pop up. 

Does someone know a way around it?

This is extremely frustrating especially when I thought I had finally found a way to make this process easy thanks to the OP.

Thank you for your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I'm having the same issue with the Confirm Form pop-up. Dang annoying.

EDIT: The pop-up happens in Chrome, so I've disabled the Auto Refresh and I'm using only the Visualpaging extension. I'm also using Firefox with the Check4Change extension and am just letting it run in the background. Hopefully between these two I'll be notified of am opening. Will report back when I have something happen.

Edited by SparklePony
Added info.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

41 minutes ago, SparklePony said:

I'm having the same issue with the Confirm Form pop-up. Dang annoying.

EDIT: The pop-up happens in Chrome, so I've disabled the Auto Refresh and I'm using only the Visualpaging extension. I'm also using Firefox with the Check4Change extension and am just letting it run in the background. Hopefully between these two I'll be notified of am opening. Will report back when I have something happen.

So I blocked all popups for the Myuscis website on Chrome and was able to make it work. I got an appointment after a day of running Auto Refresh and Visualping.Awesome!

Timeline

Sweet, that worked for me too! Blocked the pop-ups for the specific page and it seems to be running fine now! Thanks for the tip!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

Ok, this stuff is amazing: I snagged an appointment already!

The Check4Change extension on Firefox dinged, I saw the possible dates, chose one, clicked on it, filed in my info and voila! One hour of running the tab in the background and I now have an appointment. This thread has been yet another amazing resource on VJ!

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How did you block the popups on Chrome?  I did it in settings, even using the specific url, and it still popped up with the resubmit form when the page is refreshed.  Did you find another way to stop that? 

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.