Brainstormer

How to get an appointment on infopass

47 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've only registered in to say thank you and add something. The super auto refresh works like a charm. 

Pro tip: just login at 12AM to get the fresh slots for 14 days later, and keep the auto refresher to run while you're on your computer for in case there is a cancellation so you can get an even earlier appointment date.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 2/19/2018 at 1:08 AM, muzcu said:

I've only registered in to say thank you and add something. The super auto refresh works like a charm. 

Pro tip: just login at 12AM to get the fresh slots for 14 days later, and keep the auto refresher to run while you're on your computer for in case there is a cancellation so you can get an even earlier appointment date.

I have a question: Does the webpage need to be open, with your zipcode entered and the field office showing no appointments?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/19/2018 at 1:08 AM, muzcu said:

You were not kidding!! I just did a test on two Sundays in a row at 12:00am. 10 slots opened up at 12:01am.  Other times, there is absolutely nothing!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you!!!!

Last week I went to the office in Mt. Laurel, NJ and they would not help us at all because we were out of jurisdiction...after driving 95 miles to get there and just needing a I-551 stamp. I employed your trick this morning and just snagged an appointment in New York for tomorrow morning. This was genius.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/31/2017 at 3:45 PM, Brainstormer said:

Hopefully this will help those that are having a hard time scheduling an appointment on infopass

You probably have seen this message "Currently, there are no available appointments. Please check again tomorrow." every time you try to use infopass to get an appointment.  Like you, it was very frustrating because it seems like there just isn't any appointments no matter what hour of the day you try, and even if you do get lucky, the appointment date seems are weeks away.

Here's what I did to get an appointment and hopefully it will help you too. 

set up an auto refresh and website change detector on your browser, you can find this add-on/extension to notify you as soon as the webpage changes.  I use chrome and the extensions I added is called SuperAuto Refresh and Visualping. 

go to the infopass page where you see the message "Currently, there are no available appointments. Please check again tomorrow."  and set it to auto refresh.  then set Visualping to monitor to check it every minute.  it will notify you with a pop up when the page appears with appointment dates. 

I did this while at work, and while I was doing other stuff on my computer, a message popped up and i was able to get an appointment. 

couple thing i noticed was, it gave me an appointment that was 2 days from now, which I was very surprised.  but I screwed up and hit back and that appointment date and time was gone.  my guess was someone canceled so there was a spot available but because i was too slow someone else took that spot.  so, make sure you stop the auto refresh as soon as the appointment calendar pops up so it doesn't refresh again.

Another thing I noticed was that for 2 days while I try this, the only time it appeared was in the morning between 8am to 10am Pacific time for the Los Angeles USCIS location.  It didn't appear for the rest of the day while I was working and had it running the whole time.

I need to get Advanced Parole, but the dates didn't work for me, so I still ended up just showing up at USCIS without an appointment.  They didn't seem too happy that I didn't get an appointment but still took me in.  Your mileage may vary depending on where you are, but hopefully this info will help someone who need to get an infopass appointment.

It also seems like it doesn't matter which USCIS location you go to.  At the LA County USCIS, there's 2 lines, one is for those that are within their jurisdiction (they check by zipcode) and another is for others, maybe trying to get an appointment at another location or set two browsers with on autorefresh and try to get whichever appointment is the earlier one..  Good Luck.

Thank you so much for this. Worked within 90 minutes for me.

08/09/2013: Religious Marriage

08/23/2013: Civil Marriage

10/31/2013 [Day 00]: I-130 & I-485 Mailed from Washington DC to Chicago Lockbox, via USPS Express Overnight ($30.85)

11/01/2013 [Day 01]: Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox, notified via USPS Tracking

11/05/2013 [Day 05]: Text and e-mail NOAs received (11:42 pm)

11/06/2013 [Day 06]: Checks cashed

11/09/2013 [Day 09]: Hard copy NOAs received via USPS

11/18/2013 [Day 18]: Received biometrics notice (appt for Dec 10; will attempt a walk-in later this week)

11/20/2013 [Day 20]: Successful biometrics walk-in to Alexandria, VA office

12/10/2013 [Day 40]: Original biometrics appointment

12/10/2013 [Day 40]: Notification that I-485 was changed to "Testing and Interview"

01/03/2014 [Day 64]: Text and e-mail NOAs received that I-765 changed to "Card/Document Production"

01/06/2014 [Day 67]: Text and e-mail NOAs received that I-765 changed to "Card/Document Production" (yes, another set of identical notifications)

01/09/2014 [Day 70]: Text and e-mail NOAs received that I-765 has changed to reflect the EAD has been mailed (no tracking number)

01/09/2014 [Day 70]: Text and e-mail NOAs received that with EAD's tracking number

01/11/2014 [Day 72]: Received EAD

01/22/2014 [Day 83]: Text and e-mail NOAs that we finally have an interview date!

02/25/2014 [Day 117]: Interview, Approved (recap here)

02/25/2014 [Day 117]: Text and e-mail NOAs received that I-485 changed to "Card/Document Production"

02/28/2014 [Day 120]: Text and e-mail NOAs received that I-485 been mailed

03/03/2014 [Day 123]: Received Greencard

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Worked like a charm. But I did not get a pop up. I as sitting in front of the computer when I noticed an available appointment staring at me. I quickly stopped the refresh and typed in the data and viola - got it a for a few days down the road. This was around noon.

Thanks so much for this advice, Brainstormer. It's Monday morning, 10AM PST and I got an appointment within 1 hour of setting up the auto refresher. Awesome and super easy!! My appointment is in exactly 14 days which is fine since I'm not in too much of a hurry yet. I just had another available one (just checking if there might be one a little sooner) and had one pop up for TODAY. 

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and installed the C4C Check for Change App - took less than 3 minutes. I marked the phrase There are no available appointment slots for this date and had it refresh every 30 seconds. Voila.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I wanted to express a gratitude to author of the post.

This still works like a magic (I guess, USCIS has no interest in closing the "hole" of the website and allows these browser extensions to detect any minor change)

For me it took about 10 minutes to get the appointment.

Make sure you use Browser (not Server) tab in Visualping chrome extension. It alerts you with no problems.

I signed up to say thank you to Brainstormer! This works very well! Just got my appointment at Newark office tomorrow.

Timeline
6 hours ago, maura21 said:

Although I have the visualping app and get notifications, still I'm not able to make an appointment. What am I doing wrong?

somebody help me:(

Hello, where are you? Your timeline has nothing on it. If it is New York, then best thing I do (I get a lot of times) is going online at 11.50pm until 12:10am on Sunday or Wednesday night. They seem to update then for some odd reasons. If you cannot get the downtown offices, maybe look at Holtsville Long Island or Newbergh

Thanks for the tip.  I've been running this autorefresh/detect continuously for 4 days for Atlanta field office, with never a change registered other than the usual no appointments available screen.  I would have expected it to at least show that some openings cropped up at the turn of the day.  Anyone else experienced this for Atlanta?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.