Brainstormer

How to get an appointment on infopass

47 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Worked like a charm!  Set it up for a 30 second refresh and got an appointment within about 5 minutes.  Was probably just lucky timing, but what a great tip!  OP was right though, you gotta be quick about turning off the refresh on Super Auto Refresh or you could lose the appointment.

To reiterate, the addons suggested by the OP are for Google Chrome and are called Super Auto Refresh and Visualping and neither appeared to contain spyware or adds of any kind.  Thanks again for this awesome idea!

Ridiculous we have to go to such lengths making an appointment simply to avoid the bad attitude we get by showing up without an appointment.

ü Met online - Oct 31, 2012

ü Met in Mexico - Jan 21, 2013 Q

ü Expedited removal and 5 year ban vacated - Mar 21, 2013

ü I129F sent - Apr 16, 2013 +

ü I129F confirmed received - Apr 19, 2013

ü USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (NOA1) - Apr 25, 2013 +

ü Met in Mexico - Jun 21, 2013 Q

ü Email, petition transferred to another office - Jul 10, 2013

ü Hard copy, petition confirmed transferred to Texas - Jul 14, 2013 +

ü Email notification of NOA2 - Approved!!! (100 days) - Jul 28, 2013

ü Hard copy NOA2 - Sep 21, 2013 +

ü NVC case number - Sep 9, 2013 (

ü Hard copy NVC case number - Sep 15, 2013 +

ü Interview scheduled for Oct 4. 2013 - Approved!!!!

ü Visas received!!! - Oct 23, 2013 +

ü Port of entry - Nov 12, 2013 Q

ü Married - Dec 24, 2013

ü AOJ Interview - Jul 1, 2014

ü Green Cards Received - Jul 14, 2014 +

ü 1st anniversary -  Dec 24, 2014 

ü 2nd anniversary -  Dec 24, 2015 

ü Applied for removal of conditions - Jul 14, 2016 +

ü 3rd anniversary -  Dec 24, 2016 

• 5 months later...

Thank you for this tip. I set up an auto refrsh on the appointments page you mentioned but each time the page refreshes I get a message that I need to resend the information (ie the zip code of my local office) so a bit stuck right now.

Any help much appreciated. Thank you again!

My husband did this for a few days at while at work and today he was actually able to get an appointment that didn't require him to take time off work. Thank you so much for sharing. We were freaking out before, but this worked like a charm.

USCIS (Priority date April 1, Approval April 17, no RFEs)

March 28, 2014: I-130 sent via FedEx from Bogotá to Chicago Lockbox

April 1, 2014: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 10:29 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by J. CHYBA (date confirmed by My Case Status)

April 4, 2014: NOA1 e-mail received at 12:17 a.m.; case accepted and routed to CSC for processing. Check cashed.

April 17, 2014: Changed mailing address with USCIS Tier 2 representative. He also confirmed that our case had arrived to the CSC and that our NOA1 date is April 3.

April 18, 2014: NOA2 e-mail received at 12:30 a.m. Case status online changed to post-decision activity; date of "last updated" changed to April 17. Change of address e-mail received at 3 a.m. Status changed back to initial review on e-mail and online. Date of "last updated" now April 18. Called and spoke to two Tier 2 reps; both were useless.

April 21, 2014: Approval confirmed verbally by Tier 2 rep. Order put in to send second NOA2 hard copy to new address. Instructed to ignore online case status.

April 25 or 26, 2014: NOA1 hard copy arrives to old apartment in Bogotá. Priority date actually April 1. (April 3 was the notice date.)

May 16: USCIS change of address e-mail received

May 19: USCIS e-mail received saying a duplicate notice was mailed on this date. Case status now set to "Acceptance."

May 22: NOA2 duplicate hard copy arrives to U.S. address

NVC

April 29, 2014: Case received

​May 22, 2014: Case number and IIN assigned. Asked operator about our move from Colombia to Argentina and received instructions.

May 24, 2014: E-mails about embassy change/address change sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov at 4:36 p.m. NVC time

​June 3, 2014: Payment portal message "This case is in the process of termination" appears. DS-261 appears, submitted. E-mails received from NVC concerning case number and AOS bill.

June 4, 2014: AOS payment invoiced, paid; DS-261 received by NVC

June 6, 2014: AOS payment shows as PAID in payment portal

June 17, 2014: Response received from nvcinquiry@state.gov. "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

June 24, 2014: AOS package sent via FedEx overnight shipping from Houston to NVC

June 25, 2014: AOS package delivered at 9:43 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by F.FNU

July 1, 2014: AOS package scanned

July 18, 2014: Checked payment portal and saw: "CASE NUMBER CHANGE: The applicant's case number, [bGT#], has been changed to [bNS#]." Called and confirmed. Also said today marked 30 business days since NVC received DS-261; operator said she would have that reviewed and make IV payment available ASAP.

August 5: E-mail sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov concerning changing our embassy BACK to Bogotá at 6:41 p.m. NVC time

August 6: IV invoice e-mail FINALLY received at 2:13 a.m. NVC time

August 7: IV payment made available on payment portal; paid

August 8: IV payment shows as PAID in payment portal; DS-260 becomes available

August 14: Checklist received; errors on sponsor's I-864 form and on joint sponsor's I-864A

August 15: DS-260 submitted

August 29: Checklist response and IV package sent via FedEx ground from Houston to NVC

September 4: Checklist response and IV package delivered at 11:21 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by GPETERS

September 8: Checklist response and IV package scanned

September 10: DS-260 accepted; false checklist received

September 17: E-mail response received from asknvc@state.gov (30 business days/43 calendar days later): Correspondence under review

September 26: Embassy change approved; new case number assigned

October 30: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy

Interview scheduled: Nov. 10 -- Medical: Nov. 25 -- Interview: Dec. 1, 9:30 a.m. APPROVED! -- Visa in hand: Dec. 5 -- POE: Dec. 29 in Houston

I am trying to get an appointment through Infopass, and I struggled for days before I found this thread. Now, I'm at least aware of the few appointments available. However, when I try to confirm the appointment, every time it says it's unable to make the appointment because the slot is full. I guess someone else is using this method and I'm just not fast enough? I find that by the time I enter the A number and case number, someone else has taken it. Any ideas?

Is it possible to go to a service center without an infopass appointment?

Click "Show" to see my timeline.

Petitioner and Beneficiary both live temporarily in France, no DCF

USCIS
04/18/14: I-130 sent via Chronopost
04/21/14: NOA1
05/01/14: NOA2

NVC
05/12/14: NVC received case
06/04/14: Case number assigned (wrong embassy); received IIN
06/12/14: Case number reassigned to correct embassy, same IIN
06/13/14: Received DS-261 email and AOS invoice; completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee
06/18/14: AOS fee appears as "Paid" in the portal
06/26/14: AOS package sent via FedEx
06/30/14: AOS package delivered to NVC
07/07/14: AOS package scanned in
07/18/14: Received IV fee invoice; paid IV fee.
07/21/14: Sent IV package
07/21/14: IV Fee shows as paid
07/21/14: Submitted DS-260
07/23/14: IV packaged delivered to NVC
07/25/14: IV package scanned in
08/21/14: Received false checklist for IV documents -- AOS approved!
09/16/14: AOS fee changed from "Paid" to "N/A" -- CASE COMPLETE!
09/23/14: Received Case Complete email from NVC
10/06/14: Received Interview Date
10/07/14: Received interview letter via email
11/04/14: Medical
11/12/14: INTERVIEW! Approved! :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi, guys. You have to check for appointments early in the morning. I find 7:30 AM PST to be the best time. I got a same day appointment by checking at 7:30 AM. I got this advice from the InfoPass people themselves. I went without appointment but they didn't take me in. They said I should look for appointment starting 7 AM. And it worked like a charm.

I-751 ROC Timeline
Sun, 11/27/2016 - 90 days before Green Card expiration on 2/25/2016
Tue, 11/29/2016 8:30 AM - Mailed out I-751 ROC petition to USCIS California Service Center
Wed, 11/30/2016 11:40 AM - USCIS California Service Center signed for receipt of petition
Fri, 12/2/2016 - Check cashed by the USCIS California Service Center per our online banking account
Sat, 12/3/2016 - Received NOA (one-year conditional resident status extension) in the mail with receipt date and time of 11/30/2016 at 19:29 (7:29 pm)
Fri, 12/9/2016 - Received biometrics appointment letter dated 12/3/2016 with appointment scheduled for 12/23/2016

Wed, 12/14/2016 2:14 PM - Successful early walk-in for my biometrics at the Santa Ana USCIS

Thu, 05/03/2018 - My ROC case was transferred from CSC to NBC

Mon, 06/25/2018 - My ROC and Naturalization Interview was scheduled for Wed, 08/01/2018

Wed, 08/01/2018 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Mon, 11/27/2017 8:00 AM - Submitted online application for Naturalization: Form N-400, supporting evidence & credit card payment

Tue, 11/28/2017 3:07 AM - NOA confirmation of application receipt was uploaded to my online USCIS account. Processing time for naturalization to be 10 months (to be completed September 2018)

Sat, 12/02/2017 3:06 AM - Received notification that my biometrics appointment was scheduled but the document showing the date and time has not yet been uploaded

Tue, 12/05/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Letter was uploaded to my USCIS account. Scheduled for 12/22/2017 at 8:00 am at USCIS Tustin

Tue, 12/05/2017 2:00 PM - Early walk-in biometrics completed at USCIS Tustin

Mon, 06/25/2018 - My ROC and Naturalization Interview was scheduled for Wed, 08/01/2018

Wed, 08/01/2018 - ROC and Naturalization Interview - Approved

Fri, 08/24/2018 - Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing Timeline

Fri, 08/24/2018 - Passport Application at Irvine Passport Acceptance Facility

Fri, 08/31/2018 - Received notification via email that passport is being processed

Mon, 09/04/2018 - Check for $110.00 to US Department of State for passport application was cashed

Mon, 09/17/2018 - Passport received via USPS

Thu, 09/20/2018 - Naturalization certificate returned via USPS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been trying for days. At all different times of day. Thanks for the tip, hopefully it works!

I agree, the fact that we are having to scheme in a group to figure out how to get something as simple as an appointment...:bonk:

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

• 5 weeks later...

I got appointment with LOS office, even with appointment they wouldn't take me as they said i live in the valley and need to get the stamp with  san fernando field office because my zip code... They said they can't pull out my case from the system .. i have to go to san fernando office... :-(

Edited by Sugarcoated

AOS from K1 :

Date Filed : 2014-09-08
NOA Date : 2014-09-16

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-09

Early Bio : 2014-10-03

EAD & AP Approved : 2014-10-15

EAD & AP Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Waiver letter : 2015-02-25

Service Request via phone : 2015-07-24

Welcome Notice was mailed : 2015-07-30

Green Card Received : 2015-08-24

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

This method worked perfectly for me! It only took me 20 mins to get an appointment, the appointment time is next day at 7:30, someone must just canceled and I booked right away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks to you I was able to get an appointment at the Dallas office!! Wow it seemed impossible, even setting the auto refresh to 30 seconds took me like 3 days to get it and I got it for the next day. Once there there were only 2 persons working so I guess that is why it was so hard to get it.

But THANK YOU!! I was in a real hurry and I needed an appointment ASAP.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so very much!!!  I booked one within 22 hours.  

I find this info last night, I set to 30 second refresh page.  I thought maybe nothing going on on Friday, didn't expect much, especially tried day and night every hour in past 3 weeks!!!..but this morning at 10:23 AM music notice me the slot was open,!! but I did fill in info more than one minute, and lost my slot for someone quick grab... then at 4:49 PM on Friday, slot open again.  Glad the info I filled earlier still there, so I got mine in 20 seconds!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 1/18/2018 at 10:34 PM, TigranG said:

Thanks for the idea. Enhanced a little bit, wrote a test script which opens the page and detects the changes, sends an email and frozes the page. The autorefresher won't work if you're not in front of computer. 

Was able to get an appoinment for the next day in an hours!

>Script

would you mind sharing it? 

Thanks. 

On 1/31/2017 at 2:45 PM, Brainstormer said:

Hopefully this will help those that are having a hard time scheduling an appointment on infopass

You probably have seen this message "Currently, there are no available appointments. Please check again tomorrow." every time you try to use infopass to get an appointment.  Like you, it was very frustrating because it seems like there just isn't any appointments no matter what hour of the day you try, and even if you do get lucky, the appointment date seems are weeks away.

Here's what I did to get an appointment and hopefully it will help you too. 

set up an auto refresh and website change detector on your browser, you can find this add-on/extension to notify you as soon as the webpage changes.  I use chrome and the extensions I added is called SuperAuto Refresh and Visualping. 

go to the infopass page where you see the message "Currently, there are no available appointments. Please check again tomorrow."  and set it to auto refresh.  then set Visualping to monitor to check it every minute.  it will notify you with a pop up when the page appears with appointment dates. 

I did this while at work, and while I was doing other stuff on my computer, a message popped up and i was able to get an appointment. 

couple thing i noticed was, it gave me an appointment that was 2 days from now, which I was very surprised.  but I screwed up and hit back and that appointment date and time was gone.  my guess was someone canceled so there was a spot available but because i was too slow someone else took that spot.  so, make sure you stop the auto refresh as soon as the appointment calendar pops up so it doesn't refresh again.

Another thing I noticed was that for 2 days while I try this, the only time it appeared was in the morning between 8am to 10am Pacific time for the Los Angeles USCIS location.  It didn't appear for the rest of the day while I was working and had it running the whole time.

I need to get Advanced Parole, but the dates didn't work for me, so I still ended up just showing up at USCIS without an appointment.  They didn't seem too happy that I didn't get an appointment but still took me in.  Your mileage may vary depending on where you are, but hopefully this info will help someone who need to get an infopass appointment.

It also seems like it doesn't matter which USCIS location you go to.  At the LA County USCIS, there's 2 lines, one is for those that are within their jurisdiction (they check by zipcode) and another is for others, maybe trying to get an appointment at another location or set two browsers with on autorefresh and try to get whichever appointment is the earlier one..  Good Luck.

Aren't you such a lifesaver?!

I booked multiple appointments 3 hours away just because I couldn't find one in the nearest (dallas) location. Your process helped me find an appointment within 45 minutes.

I'm finally going to make 1/2 an hour drive instead of 3 hours God-willing. Thanks to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.