KamilSoledad

K1 Visa: Glad I ended it before marriage.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well sorry it worked out this way for you; but it is definately better to have it like this than regret it later.

Definately understand some of your frustrations and how things went. Depending on how much face time you had prior to, a lot of us go through same type of things with having to 'adjust' or make compromises. We are still in that process here and we are 5 days from getting married; but we mutually are working on it. Sounds like you were only one truly trying.

As to the phone, I do somewhat understand both aspects. I wanted to add my partner onto my cell plan and get him a new phone, but he wanted to keep his old one even though it barely holds a charge. I finally got him to settle for the $45 a month unlimited plan with ATT just to get him to get something. Same though, he can use my phone(with Philippines plan on it) or has his Ipad and my laptop at home with internet so he can communicate freely (he just doesn't talk much to family); but it is the same for me as for your. I am paying naturally everything for 2 now, and he hates it and feels bad cause I have taken more hours at work even just for extra money flow (also I would anyways even if just myself). He hates it and feels bad again but I have to remind him we knew how it would be for awhile.

I think you went through a really common thing of really figuring that person out, and unfortunately in your case, it just wouldn't work. Again, better now than later though. Good luck to you!!

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Thank you for sharing your story. I must say a few things i can relate to in your post.

Wishing you happiness and well being.

M

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

• 1 month later...

i am reading your post, and sorry for you thins ended in that way.

i know how stressful is the process of k1, i was the beneficiary of a k1 that didnt ended with the trip.

my k1 was approved but for a God's wishesi was put in a long administrave processing that ended with the relationship, i was very sad but it was the best that happened.

you did the right thing sending him back, good for you

and sorry because i know how expensive is for the usc this process and travel here to DR.

you were lucky that you didnt get married and gave him the green card,

good luck next time you find someone else who really love you

• 1 month later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm with you so much on this post :(

My partner for the past 3 years and I have had a rocky relationship from the beginning and I'm planning on migrating in a couple weeks, if i am granted the immigrant visa. He keeps on saying that he doesn't want to move to US but we've discussed marriage and children so I don't know how we'll work thru it. The girls on facebook and the phone thing are similar on my end too.

I'm just trying to say 'no' and mean it :(

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Filed: Timeline
27 minutes ago, phoenyxx said:

I'm with you so much on this post :(

My partner for the past 3 years and I have had a rocky relationship from the beginning and I'm planning on migrating in a couple weeks, if i am granted the immigrant visa. He keeps on saying that he doesn't want to move to US but we've discussed marriage and children so I don't know how we'll work thru it. The girls on facebook and the phone thing are similar on my end too.

I'm just trying to say 'no' and mean it :(

As a means of update, Phoenyxx, I am 4 months out and I look back and realize this was the BEST decision I could've made. I would've been purely miserable. Please trust your instinct or you will regret it profoundly later. God bless you, dear and thanks for writing. 

Filed: Timeline
On 3/17/2017 at 1:42 AM, Ilovemyman said:

i am reading your post, and sorry for you thins ended in that way.

i know how stressful is the process of k1, i was the beneficiary of a k1 that didnt ended with the trip.

my k1 was approved but for a God's wishesi was put in a long administrave processing that ended with the relationship, i was very sad but it was the best that happened.

you did the right thing sending him back, good for you

and sorry because i know how expensive is for the usc this process and travel here to DR.

you were lucky that you didnt get married and gave him the green card,

good luck next time you find someone else who really love you

When you first wrote this post, I was sad reading it. I read it again today and realize you were/are 100% right and I am very happy that I was mature enough to walk away from a bad situation. Thank you very much for taking the time to write. God's plan is always better than our own :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.