skitlee

Processing times for Potomac

26 posts in this topic

I'm confused why I can't seem to find processing times for the Potomac Service Center. I filed our I-130 back at the end of October and I'm beginning to feel impatient for my NOA2 to arrive.

I found that YSC = Potomac Service Center based on this website https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do 

On this page: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/  Potomac or YSC isn't on the list.  I also found these charts http://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical that don't show YSC either. 

Is there a reason why Potomac isn't really listed?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received our NOA1 on October 21st Approx 4 months ago for my Canadian husband which is also filed at the Potomac. I'm in hopes, since our dates are so close, mine will be quick as well. What does the NOA2 letter entail? i know financials and family history right? does it ask you to get an apt with a specific Dr & for the interview? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dirrtin03 said:

I received our NOA1 on October 21st Approx 4 months ago for my Canadian husband which is also filed at the Potomac. I'm in hopes, since our dates are so close, mine will be quick as well. What does the NOA2 letter entail? i know financials and family history right? does it ask you to get an apt with a specific Dr & for the interview? 

Your NOA2 is just going to tell you that your petition was approved and is being sent to the NVC. NVC will ask for financial info. Medical and interview info happens after the case is complete at NVC.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hello anyone have been approved this month Potomac service center?

There is a few Potomac service center so I have to post on all of them.

Who all is still waiting to be approve, what is your pd?

On 3/8/2017 at 7:16 PM, nyokie said:

Hello anyone have been approved this month Potomac service center?

There is a few Potomac service center so I have to post on all of them.

Who all is still waiting to be approve, what is your pd?

People filed from December on forward are yet to be approved from potomac. Anyone between September 12 and November 30th are being processed in guess. Take a closer look at the timeliness and analyze. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, Voyager7 said:

We filed an I90 and idk why but the processing times aren't being updated like the others :(

We had to file an I-90 at the Potomac Service Center in early March after our local post office lost my wife's initial conditional green card. I filed the I-90 online and paid the $540 with my debit card and we got the receipt and biometrics appointment letters online right away and the hard copies in the mail a few days later so I was thinking that maybe the process would go faster. My wife attended her biometrics appointment on March 21 and it shows on our account page that the biometrics has been completed. I had my wife call the customer service number a few days ago to see if they could give her more accurate processing times but the CS agent just read the processing times from the website. I saw on the USCIS home page yesterday that the Permanent Resident and EAD cards have been redesigned to be more secure and fraud resistant and will roll out on May 1, 2017. Hopefully this is the reason for the delay and once the new cards roll out that they will begin issuing cards and update the Potomac SC info soon. It is really frustrating not seeing any progress.  

I-129F K-1 Fiance Visa Process, I-212/601 Waivers

November 2013 - Met online: Match.com
December 6 - 8, 2013 - Met in person for the first time in Mexico.
February 2014 - Filed for K1/K2 Visa
April 2014 - K1 Visa Approved
March 19, 2015 - Attended interview in Juarez. fiancée denied. Allowed to file for I-212 and 601 waivers
June 25, 2015 - 212 and 601 Waivers received at Phoenix lockbox and forwarded to Nebraska Service Center.
December 21, 2015 - Waivers Approved
December 28, 2015 - Instruction letter received. Request for passports and new medical.
February 1-3, 2016 - Trip to Juarez for new medical and submit passports to consulate.
February 5, 2016 - Medical documents and passports received at consulate.

February 12, 2016 - Passports with K1 Visa picked up from DHL in Tijuana.
February 22, 2016 - Entry into California through Otay Mesa POE without daughter who decided to stay in MX.
April 30, 2016 - Married!!!!

AOS, EAD, AP Process

June 1, 2016 - Mailed adjustment of status packet.
June 15, 2016 - NOA1 Received I-485, I-131, I-765
July 8, 2016 - Biometrics Appointment
July 25, 2016 I-485, I-131, I-765 Cases appeared on USCIS Website.

August 29, 2016 - EAD/AP Card received via USPS Priority Mail.

November 21, 2016 - Received text that Interview has been Scheduled for 12/21/16

December 21, 2016 - Interview in San Francisco

December 29, 2016 - AOS Approved, 

I-751 ROC -Process

December 6, 2018 - I-751 Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

January 28, 2018 - File receipt and extension letter received.

August, 2020 file transferred to be adjudicated with N-400

July 6,2021 Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco

August 3, 2021 ROC/ Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 ROC Approved

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 14, 2020 - N-400 filed

July 6, 2021 Received Notice of Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco, CA

August 3, 2021 Combination ROC/Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 Naturalization Approved

August 24, 2021 Oath Ceremony and Naturalization Certificate Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

September 14, 2016- I-130 was sent NSC

February 9, 2017- I was transferred to PSC

March 21, 2017 REF was mailed

April 14, 2017 REF was received

Today I am still waiting.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi there,

We recently filed a CR-1 application and just got the NOA1. The application was sent to the Potomac service center. As of April 30, 2017, the USCIS page says this:

Form Title Classification or Basis for Filing: Processing Cases As Of Date:

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 November 10, 2015

Note that this says 2015. Can anyone confirm that this is a mistake (maybe someone has called them)?

Thanks a lot :)

• 3 weeks later...

The mine was approved  send 2/6/2017 noa1 2/16/2017

Noa2 6/10/2017 received by mail. not update on immigration page yet

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.