AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Sadly my husband returned to Belize yesterday. We had a great visit and it was so hard to drive away from the airport.  After a long day of working and fighting back tears I checked my e-mail and saw a notification of his interview date!  So the big day is September 19th!  It is overwhelming reading the letter because there are so many emotions!  I was so happy to read it and finally have that date to look forward to.  Then I was nervous hoping it all goes well and that all the documentation is in order especially with regards to the checklist for my tax information.  Sending lots of positive thoughts to y'all! 

14 hours ago, K3lZ33 said:

I got the checklist. I have to mail the documents to them.... 

______10 - PHILIPPINES NBI CLEARANCE:______________________________
We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct
document so we can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document,
go to our website at
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your
country of birth in the box at the top of the page. The next page will be your country's
"reciprocity schedule". Click on "Police, Court, Prison Record" on the left-hand side. This will
take you to a page with the exact requirements for the type of police certificate you must
submit to the NVC.

I went to the correct page: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/RP.html

So he has to go to Manila to get his NBI Clearance? 

Anyone else have any experience about this they could share?

thank you for the link my husband lives more than 10 years in Australia but he born different country so what country he need to be certified? and when do u apply for a certificate? do u wait for NVC?

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, K3lZ33 said:

I only had him do local police clearance. :oops:

So he should go to Manila and get NBI Clearance :(

I feel so dumb about missing that bit of info! 

Yes NBI is the correct one. I had same experience with my mom. I got police clearance , but its NBi

8 hours ago, Mini said:

Yes NBI is the correct one. I had same experience with my mom. I got police clearance , but its NBi

There are so many types of clearance in PH. Barangay, Local Police, then NBI. *Sigh* A good rookie mistake I guess. After all I am a rookie. *facepalm*

12 hours ago, ECBZ said:

Sadly my husband returned to Belize yesterday. We had a great visit and it was so hard to drive away from the airport.  After a long day of working and fighting back tears I checked my e-mail and saw a notification of his interview date!  So the big day is September 19th!  It is overwhelming reading the letter because there are so many emotions!  I was so happy to read it and finally have that date to look forward to.  Then I was nervous hoping it all goes well and that all the documentation is in order especially with regards to the checklist for my tax information.  Sending lots of positive thoughts to y'all! 

Awwww yaya!! Good for you! Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/11/2017 at 2:27 PM, Dan Jr said:

Hi guys. Quick question on NVC process; my I-130 was approved on 7/28, and was sent to DOS on 8/8. The next step is to receive a welcome letter right? Will they send me an email or a hard copy in the snail mail? I submitted a form G-1145 along with my I-130 to USCIS. 

Thanks!! 

Dan,

Once your I-130 is approved, USCIS will send the doucments to NVC so that they can process your case. In doing so, they will create a case# along with an invoice ID. Using both case number and invoice ID you can then start the online process - Complete DS260 and pay fee's. You should also receive a welcome letter from NVC through email. 

Giving that you will scheduling an interview through Juarez, you will have to mail out the documents. Please look through the document finder to determine what documents you have to send:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

GL!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/12/2017 at 11:19 PM, freaque said:

Hey everyone! Missed you guys.

Does anyone apply for a child as well? I'm really confused about ceac right now cause it only shows info for 1 applicant, 1 choice of an agent, 1 IV payment. Though it's supposed to be two of us, me and my daughter. My name is not listed there, maybe we should request for another invoice number or is just one case and we should contact nvc for info? Thank you for help!

It should be showing your name along with your daughter. Please call NVC to clarify this. Is it at least showing your spouse?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, RamStu said:

It should be showing your name along with your daughter. Please call NVC to clarify this. Is it at least showing your spouse?

Thank you. 

Trying to make husband call )

I don't think petitioner should be listed cause you only pay for applicants.

Edited by freaque

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So I didnt get anything in my email yet, someone received their NVC letter via email in their spam. I checked, nothing. I ended up calling NVC and got my case number and invoice number. Im reading all about being able to use this to go ahead and pay the fees after logging online. What is the link to login with ur case number and invoice number to proceed?

On 20/08/2017 at 0:22 PM, Mme ab said:

Salut! Svp est ce que c'est obligé de remplir tout le formulaire? J'ai une information manquante

Which form are you referring to? Generally speaking you need to fill in everything. If one of the questions doesn't relate to your situation then the best option is to write "N/A" or "none". They don't really like blanks because they may think you have just forgotten to fill it in rather than the fact it isn't relevant to you. P.s if you can try to ask questions in English you will get quicker responses :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

We are in Nebraska too. This summer my wife went to an USCIS office in NJ to ask about any advance and she was told our I130 was already approved and in line to be sent to NVC. Our PD is JAN 16th, the visit to USCIS was AUG 13 or so...

LIFE

2005: The beginning

2009: Marriage

2010: The twins came

USCIS

01/13/2017: I-130 - Chicago Lockbox

01/23/2017: NOA1 Form I-797 - Nebraska Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.