Yang&Josh

Interview Jan 19, 2017 (Approved)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like my medical exam, I will be sharing my interview experience as well. My interview appointment was at 8:15 am today, January 19, 2017. I arrived around 8am and lined up right away outside. Since it's almost my appointment time so it's alright if they'll ask for my documents already. Outside, I was asked for my appointment confirmation, DS160, and passport. They attached a sticker with an electronic number with your name on it and it also has 5 chicklets stating each process that you need to pass through (Data Entry, Pre-Screening, Finger Scanning, Interview and Releasing [in case of 221G]). We were instructed to get inside then I waited for 10-15 mins after they really told us to get inside to the real grounds of where all the processes take place. Interviewees are separated according to the letter on the electronic number. I was assigned at "B". My data Entry was around 9:04Am. The Filipino staff just asked me for my DS160 and Passport( not speaking in English) , my full name, birthday, and my Fiancé's address. Then I was asked to go back to where I was seated. Maybe after an hour, I did my pre-screening (not speaking in English again) and the Filipina staff asked for all my original documents so I provided my DS160, passport, NBI clearance( she only got the half part), my birth certificate( I attached a local copy and an endorsement to PSA for form 1A because my bc is not clear) and my CENOMAR. She asked me how me and my fiancé met, why is it that his step-sister is my friend, when did we started talking and when did our relationship got official. I answered everything confidently and when I sensed that she's done with the questions I asked her if she could update my DS160 because it does not contain my middle name. She asked me what's the reason for failure to put one, I said it's not being asked instead of connectiong it to my first name , I just thought of asking you to update it because someone told me so, she asked me if who told me thay she can update my information, then I said " a lot of people from Visa Journey". Then she noted it on my DS160. Good. ? She did not return all the documents that she asked from me. After that, I then headed to the window infront for Finger Scanning. The American CO there asked me where I will be going and I said , "Texas". He said "No". And I said "Why Sir". He replied, " It must be the Great State Of Texas, I was born there, and it's the great state of Texas. I just smiled at him then said how great is Texas. Finger Scanning is quite fast, then he told me to go to my interview and said "Goodluck" I replied "Thank you. ". There was a really long line at the interview corner and I think there are 5-8 windows with interviewers. After an hour of waiting, well, it's my turn to be interviewed. So the interviewers here are speaking in English now. I was really nervous because I was assigned at Window 63, and the first lady before me got a 221G and the first lady before her, was not approved for her protection because her fiancé has somewhat like a previous court case if I'm not mistaken ( she almost cried but can't speak well so she did nothing like defending her fiançé.) Then it's my turn, the American Consul there who is around 40-50 greeted me first by saying "Hi how are you" I answered and greeted back. She then said "Look at all these beautiful women wanting to marry Americans. America is blessed". Then I turned at the back and looked at all the women and she pointed me. Lmao. I just smiled and said "Yes always blessed." She told me something about being honest in everything and I just said "Yes, I do swear" with my right hand raised. Asked for another biometrics. These are the questions that she asked me:

1. Tell me more about your fiancé. I told her everything from basic data to likes and dislikes.

2. What do you use in communicating?

3. How did you meet? 

4. What does she do for a living? ( She said that my fiancé's Job is really an impirtant thing.)

5. Affidavit of Support which includes I134, employment letter,paystubs, bank statements, stocks, 1040 and W2.

6. She verified if we are both Single.

7. She asked me why did his step sister chose me to introduce to him.

After that she said that she'll be talking about domestic violence and gave me a pamphlet and a website for me to chage my delivery address. And she said "Your Visa is approved" then all the nails in my heart disappeared. Lol.And that's it, everything was easy except for waiting which we get used to already especially here in the Philippines. I'm just so thankful to God and to everyone here in VJ who have helped me succeed my interview. I am really happy right now. If you are aspiring interviewees also, don't forget to pray all the time, wear your smile and always be confident professionally. ?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yang&Josh said:

Like my medical exam, I will be sharing my interview experience as well. My interview appointment was at 8:15 am today, January 19, 2017. I arrived around 8am and lined up right away outside. Since it's almost my appointment time so it's alright if they'll ask for my documents already. Outside, I was asked for my appointment confirmation, DS160, and passport. They attached a sticker with an electronic number with your name on it and it also has 5 chicklets stating each process that you need to pass through (Data Entry, Pre-Screening, Finger Scanning, Interview and Releasing [in case of 221G]). We were instructed to get inside then I waited for 10-15 mins after they really told us to get inside to the real grounds of where all the processes take place. Interviewees are separated according to the letter on the electronic number. I was assigned at "B". My data Entry was around 9:04Am. The Filipino staff just asked me for my DS160 and Passport( not speaking in English) , my full name, birthday, and my Fiancé's address. Then I was asked to go back to where I was seated. Maybe after an hour, I did my pre-screening (not speaking in English again) and the Filipina staff asked for all my original documents so I provided my DS160, passport, NBI clearance( she only got the half part), my birth certificate( I attached a local copy and an endorsement to PSA for form 1A because my bc is not clear) and my CENOMAR. She asked me how me and my fiancé met, why is it that his step-sister is my friend, when did we started talking and when did our relationship got official. I answered everything confidently and when I sensed that she's done with the questions I asked her if she could update my DS160 because it does not contain my middle name. She asked me what's the reason for failure to put one, I said it's not being asked instead of connectiong it to my first name , I just thought of asking you to update it because someone told me so, she asked me if who told me thay she can update my information, then I said " a lot of people from Visa Journey". Then she noted it on my DS160. Good. ? She did not return all the documents that she asked from me. After that, I then headed to the window infront for Finger Scanning. The American CO there asked me where I will be going and I said , "Texas". He said "No". And I said "Why Sir". He replied, " It must be the Great State Of Texas, I was born there, and it's the great state of Texas. I just smiled at him then said how great is Texas. Finger Scanning is quite fast, then he told me to go to my interview and said "Goodluck" I replied "Thank you. ". There was a really long line at the interview corner and I think there are 5-8 windows with interviewers. After an hour of waiting, well, it's my turn to be interviewed. So the interviewers here are speaking in English now. I was really nervous because I was assigned at Window 63, and the first lady before me got a 221G and the first lady before her, was not approved for her protection because her fiancé has somewhat like a previous court case if I'm not mistaken ( she almost cried but can't speak well so she did nothing like defending her fiançé.) Then it's my turn, the American Consul there who is around 40-50 greeted me first by saying "Hi how are you" I answered and greeted back. She then said "Look at all these beautiful women wanting to marry Americans. America is blessed". Then I turned at the back and looked at all the women and she pointed me. Lmao. I just smiled and said "Yes always blessed." She told me something about being honest in everything and I just said "Yes, I do swear" with my right hand raised. Asked for another biometrics. These are the questions that she asked me:

1. Tell me more about your fiancé. I told her everything from basic data to likes and dislikes.

3. How did you meet? 

4. What does she do for a living? ( She said that my fiancé's Job is really an impirtant thing.)

5. Affidavit of Support which includes I134, employment letter,paystubs, bank statements, stocks, 1040 and W2.

After that she said that she'll be talking about domestic violence and gave me a pamphlet and a website for me to chage my delivery address. And she said "Your Visa is approved" then all the nails in my heart disappeared. Lol.And that's it, everything was easy except for waiting which we get used to already especially here in the Philippines. I'm just so thankful to God and to everyone here in VJ who have helped me succeed my interview. I am really happy right now. If you are aspiring interviewees also, don't forget to pray all the time, wear your smile and always be confident professionally. ?

Congrats on your interview!! :dancing:

Thanks for the great write-up.

I see you were asked for the I-134, tax return etc.

Now to NOT watch the CEAC website all day long. :lol: 

Very happy for you.

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline
41 minutes ago, anxious143 said:

Congrats :)

im nervous :( my interview will be next month, gonna do medical exam next week 

Thank you. Yeah, I felt the same too. Now I regret why I let that feeling overcome me everyday. Lol. But I know it's normal to feel that way especially when you are waiting. Goodluck and I swear it's so easy as long as you have all the documents and you know your fiancé so much. ?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sagot said:

Congrats on your interview!! :dancing:

Thanks for the great write-up.

I see you were asked for the I-134, tax return etc.

Now to NOT watch the CEAC website all day long. :lol: 

Very happy for you.

Thanks Sagot. And another thank you for being one of the top contributors of my visa journey success especially that we don't have any paid legal assistance. Godbless. ?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Yang&Josh said:

3. How did you meet? 

Wow..thanks for sharing that is great! Congratulations and now to travel to the Great state of Texas!! :) 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Wow..thanks for sharing that is great! Congratulations and now to travel to the Great state of Texas!! :) 

Lol thank you so much. Thank you for helping me with some of my questions. And everytime I heard Great State of Texas I can't help but laugh. :D

Congratulations! !! So happy for you.

Thanks for sharing with us your experience.  You reinforced many things that we talk about here. 

1. Be prepared especially the I-134

2. That most get so nervous over something that takes 5 min. 

3. Being confident 

CFO is next. BTW don't buy airline tickets till you have received and verified that everything in the visa is correct.

Safe travels. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations! !! So happy for you.

Thanks for sharing with us your experience.  You reinforced many things that we talk about here. 

1. Be prepared especially the I-134

2. That most get so nervous over something that takes 5 min. 

3. Being confident 

CFO is next. BTW don't buy airline tickets till you have received and verified that everything in the visa is correct.

Safe travels. 

Yes Greenbaum. Thank you for the pieces of advice and for all the answers you have provided me along the way.

So how long did the entire process take from start to finish(until your visa was approved)? It was the DCF process im assuming right ? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sunnybanana1913 said:

So how long did the entire process take from start to finish(until your visa was approved)? It was the DCF process im assuming right ? 

I'm not that good with acronyms so I don't know what DCF is. But what I processed was K1 (Fiancé Visa) filed I129F late October. The entire interview process took 2 and a half hours. Well the waiting time took it all. Interview is 10-15 mins. 

Edited by Yang&Josh

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sunnybanana1913 said:

No they are K-1 fiancee visa.   DCF is only for married living in the Philippines.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.