Sunnybanana1913

What info is needed from me ? (I-1864)

4 posts in this topic

I filed my wifes i-130 at Manila US EMBASSY (DCF). I was looking at the i-1864 form yeah i know im looking too far ahead when my i-130 was just submitted last week. I  just wana know what the embassy needs from me ? I worked in USA for 1 year (june2015-june2016) then moved to Philippines been here for about 7 months now.  I dont have any of my work info with me (tax forms). Also i will be using a Joint Sponsor since I am not working at the moment i dont have an income. So do they only need my sponsors tax info?  Also should i just get my tax filed while im here abroad. 

Edited by Sunnybanana1913

1 hour ago, Sunnybanana1913 said:

I filed my wifes i-130 at Manila US EMBASSY (DCF). I was looking at the i-1864 form yeah i know im looking too far ahead when my i-130 was just submitted last week. I  just wana know what the embassy needs from me ? I worked in USA for 1 year (june2015-june2016) then moved to Philippines been here for about 7 months now.  I dont have any of my work info with me (tax forms). Also i will be using a Joint Sponsor since I am not working at the moment i dont have an income. So do they only need my sponsors tax info?  Also should i just get my tax filed while im here abroad. 

Hi, we also have the same case as yours but my husband is a full-time student. therefore, he has no income and required to write a letter of explanation of non-filing of ITR.

As a petitioner, you need to fill up the form i-864. :) and the joint sponsor too. but, if you belong to the same household, the joint sponsor needs to submit a form i-864a and attach your&joint sponsor's supporting documents too (w2, 1040, pay stubs, etc)

Usually the embassy asks for 1040 and w2 (most recent 3 years). Plus, pay stubs, bank statements etc. for the proof of maintained income.

I found this website and this is our guide in preparing our I-864 and supporting documents.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Hope this helps!

Edited by mrsrasco

On 1/19/2017 at 0:39 PM, mrsrasco said:

Hi, we also have the same case as yours but my husband is a full-time student. therefore, he has no income and required to write a letter of explanation of non-filing of ITR.

As a petitioner, you need to fill up the form i-864. :) and the joint sponsor too. but, if you belong to the same household, the joint sponsor needs to submit a form i-864a and attach your&joint sponsor's supporting documents too (w2, 1040, pay stubs, etc)

Usually the embassy asks for 1040 and w2 (most recent 3 years). Plus, pay stubs, bank statements etc. for the proof of maintained income.

I found this website and this is our guide in preparing our I-864 and supporting documents.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Hope this helps!

I talked to someone about it im not working right now im unemployed. I just need to give the tax forms i cant provide a "pay stub" since im not working.  Thanks for your reply 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.