Jump to content
misshepburn

Electronic / Email processing at NVC

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I am filing for my husband, who is German, (FRN consulate) so we were able to do email processing. I recently sent everything to NVC by email (AOS and IV packets) and had to do it in 2 emails - which I know others have done successfully here too. I got an auto response to the second email from NVC within a few minutes of sending it, but did not get an auto response to my first email. My question is how to tell if NVC got the first email? From everything I can see on Gmail the first email sent ok and it was under the 25mb limit. 

 

Thanks in advance guys :)

 

Side note: There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of recent information regarding EP on the site yet (at least not that I could find!) Perhaps we should start a new thread for e-filers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did EP and never received an automated response.  You can confirm files were received by calling NVC.  Then it should take about a week to get a case complete if everything is OK.  EP process is very fast.  See timeline in my signature below. 

Edited by gregcrs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

I did EP and never received an automated response.  You can confirm files were received by calling NVC.  Then it should take about a week to get a case complete if everything is OK.  EP process is very fast.  See timeline in my signature below. 

Thanks gregcrs2! I will call them to confirm they received the files. I looked at your signature and its interesting that EP has a "scan date" too... I guess this is just the point when NVC confirms they have everything they need?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, misshepburn said:

Thanks gregcrs2! I will call them to confirm they received the files. I looked at your signature and its interesting that EP has a "scan date" too... I guess this is just the point when NVC confirms they have everything they need?  

That's the date I verbally received confirmation that emailed docs have been processed.  I called NVC to get that information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did everything with EP and did not receive a confirmation upon submission.  We actually sent them all right before we completed DS-261.  The day after that was our "scan date" and the next day we had Case Closed.  It's quite fast!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

I did everything with EP and did not receive a confirmation upon submission.  We actually sent them all right before we completed DS-261.  The day after that was our "scan date" and the next day we had Case Closed.  It's quite fast!  

Wow, thanks AstroCanada! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×