indokayak

K-1 On Security Hold after approved Expedite

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My case has been on a security hold since mid-November.  I work for the government and I am a military reservist slotted to deploy later this year (hence the Expedite Approval).  I know we have only been waiting for 4 months, which isn't long compared to other people on this site.  However I am very apprehensive about this and it is significantly affecting my work as I am sliding into a depression here.  My fiance had a tourist visa and the consulate in Moscow took her visa away after I claimed her as a foreign contact for one of my security clearances--we didn't even know until the airline told her she could not board a flight to the US to visit me.  I don't know why they cancelled her tourist visa, I assume because they deemed her an immigration risk.  She has never broken any visa laws on her previous visits to the states.  Are they going to deny us this visa since her previous tourist visa was cancelled?  I realize that my security clearances and government related work might be causing this extra scrutiny (though it should be noted I do not have access to information especially relating to Russia or national security issues).  Anyway, would they deny her a visa because of my work in the first place?  I mean, I have met diplomats who have spouses from suspect countries so why would this be something that USCIS even considers?  Wouldn't the gov just take away my clearance?  I would gladly give up my clearance if need be, just let me get married and start a family with the woman of my choosing.  

Ok I'll stop ranting though it is therapeutic.  My questions for the experts: How long can I expect these security holds considering 1) I have a security clearance; 2) they previously cancelled her tourist visa; 3) she has been to the US on multiple occasions for work and to visit me; 4)  I have been approved for expedited processing; 5) we both have very extensive foreign travel.   

If any of the aforementioned items are irrelevant please let me know.  Also further possible random important information: we both have immaculate criminal records, I've known her since early 2014 (we met in Moscow), she used to be a banker and is now a yoga instructor.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.