sallymcp

Final Step - with questions!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, everyone!

So we've now got our NOA2 and received word that the Embassy in London has gotten all our paperwork. Fiance is finishing up the DS-160 tonight, submitting his police background check thing tomorrow and scheduling his appointment at Knightsbridge after that.

We're aiming for a mid-May move, so we have some wiggle room but not too much! I have a few questions and would love some advice

My questions about the I-134:

1. What does Part 7 require? Currently planning on sending:
    1. My W2 from this year
    2. Tax returns from 2014 & 2015
    3. Letter from my employer
    4. Statement from my bank (Usually around a $600-$1000 balance, that's my bills + fun money)
    5. Statement from my Fidelity savings account ($8k balance, that's my emergency funds + down payment savings account)

Am I missing anything here?
  2. My fiance is the only one I am supporting and he has no dependents, do I need to put "none" in all those spaces?
  3. It asks for our wedding date, but we haven't set one yet. We're getting legally married in the 90-day window, but have a big wedding planned for 9/30/17. Should I just put a random date in there?

General questions:

1. Does the I-134 need to be submitted early or does he just bring it to the interview?
  2. I'm sending over copies of the NOA1, NOA2, updated letter of intent to marry, and the I-134 form with supporting documents. He already has a copy of our original I-129F submission. Am I missing anything?
  3. I've seen things around here about extending the date for an interview, or an expiration date of some sort-- I haven't seen that on any of our paperwork, am I missing something?

Sorry for all the questions but y'all have been so helpful throughout this process. I really appreciate it!

all great questions, ill be watching this one for the answers. Im in the beginning of the process and this is how i have learned the most. Sorry for Hijacking your thread. 

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

2 hours ago, sallymcp said:

Hello, everyone!

So we've now got our NOA2 and received word that the Embassy in London has gotten all our paperwork. Fiance is finishing up the DS-160 tonight, submitting his police background check thing tomorrow and scheduling his appointment at Knightsbridge after that.

We're aiming for a mid-May move, so we have some wiggle room but not too much! I have a few questions and would love some advice

1. My W2 from this year
    4. Statement from my bank (Usually around a $600-$1000 balance, that's my bills + fun money)
    5. Statement from my Fidelity savings account ($8k balance, that's my emergency funds + down payment savings account)

2. My fiance is the only one I am supporting and he has no dependents, do I need to put "none" in all those spaces?
  3. It asks for our wedding date, but we haven't set one yet. We're getting legally married in the 90-day window, but have a big wedding planned for 9/30/17. Should I just put a random date in there?

General questions:

1. Does the I-134 need to be submitted early or does he just bring it to the interview?
  2. I'm sending over copies of the NOA1, NOA2, updated letter of intent to marry, and the I-134 form with supporting documents. He already has a copy of our original I-129F submission. Am I missing anything?
  3. I've seen things around here about extending the date for an interview, or an expiration date of some sort-- I haven't seen that on any of our paperwork, am I missing something?

Sorry for all the questions but y'all have been so helpful throughout this process. I really appreciate it!

Hey Sally, hope everything's great. I will try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge but anyone can add some info if my answers lack them OR correct any wrong info i might provide.

Questions on I-134:

1. I think you should be good. I would also advise for you to check the poverty guideline for 2016 and see if you meet the target income based on the household size. But the list of docs you provided is okay. May I also suggest that you give him a copy of your passport or birth certificate just in case they ask for a proof of citizenship of the petitioner. Better safe than sorry. :)

2. My fiance has put  "none" in the space provided.

3. Just put a random date that falls within the 90day period but make sure your fiance knows about that 'random date' as he might be asked about it.

General Questions:

1. I-134 is only brought during the interview. :)

2. Just make sure that all of what's listed on the packet 3 is with him on the day of the interview PLUS copies of the forms in the packet you sent to USCIS when you filed (G-325A and I-129F which you said he already have) as in the cover letter of the packet we sent initially, it says there that we understand the Consulate or embassy might ask the applicant for a copy of those docs on the day of the interview if I understood it correctly.

3. -- this one I am sorry i have no answer. :(

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

On 17/01/2017 at 4:25 PM, sallymcp said:

Hello, everyone!

1. My W2 from this year

General questions:

I will try to answer your questions from personal experience from when I had my interview in London in Dec-16

1. I-134

As long as your income meet the 125% poverty line then all the CO will want to see is W2 for 2016 and the employment letter. Bank statements are only really required if you do not meet the 125% limit and you try to make up the difference with savings. On that point if you meet the 125% limit with your wages alone then you do not need to put your savings on part 7 of the I-134. I very much doubt that they will ask for your previous years tax returns but he can have them with him if it makes you feel better.

2. I guess you refer to section 8 of I-134, if that is the case then you put "None"

3. An approximate date will do and when he is at the first window and handing over his documents then he will be asked when he is planning to travel to US.

General Questions:

1. I-134

Your fiance will submit the I-134 during his interview appointment but make sure that it has a "wet signature" as they will not accept scanned copies of the I-134.

2. I was never asked for NOA-1 or NOA-2, he does not need to have a copy of the whole I-129f submission (thats exactly what the CO has in front of him during the interview). All he really needs from you is a "wet signature" I-134 with your 2016 W2s and the employment letter. I had a full binder full of documents that I was told during the interview that they are not required but it made me feel more prepared.

3. You only need the updated letter of intent to marry if his interview is more than 4 months after the NOA-2 date, your NOA-2 notice should have the date that it is valid to. If his interview is after the four month window then you will need an updated letter of intent to marry, there is a debate on whether this needs to be notarised or not and it depends on the embassy. I didnt have that problem but if it was me I would have had a notarised "wet signature" copy.

As many people have already said, London is really "easy going" and you should be fine but it is really important that he gets his police certificate asap just in case there is something on file and he needs a Subject Access Request. If he needs a SAR then that takes ages.

K1 VISA
10/03/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/05/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/07/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/11/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
10/17/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received
11/02/16....NOA2 Approval (USCIS website)

11/08/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received
11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F
11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Case left NVC for consulate

12/02/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"
12/07/16....Medical (Knightsbridge London) - Completed

12/10/16....Received Approved Petition Letter from Embassy
12/15/16....Interview - APPROVED!!!!
01/10/17....Visa Issued
01/13/17....Visa in Hand =)
02/10/17....POE at Chicago ORD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.