Ladyj

KINGSTON JAMAICA EMBASSY CR1 VISA APPROVAL WAIT TIME?

57 posts in this topic

Okay so update: i called hospital today and hia medical was delivered on the 1/31/17. We sent his passport on 1/31/17 at the Dhl headquarters  in kingston.So i am going to email on monday to see if they received both documents and what is happening. Fingers crossed. 

Filed: Timeline
21 minutes ago, toyab said:

Okay so update: i called hospital today and hia medical was delivered on the 1/31/17. We sent his passport on 1/31/17 at the Dhl headquarters  in kingston.So i am going to email on monday to see if they received both documents and what is happening. Fingers crossed. 

Best of luck. They screwed me.  So they called my husband a very nice guy cuz I was emailing like crazy on them lol! The guy a black Jamaican told my husband our case should have been approved long time.  They talked for at least 30 minutes.  Later he was called two more times asking if I had attended the interview in which I did.  Girl they have no record of me being there!  I am so upset with the Chinese IO we had.  How could he be such an idiot.  I am so pissed right now.  So they emailed me wanting to come in for an interview.  Called them the same day and said make me an appointment for next week.  I told the lady I will not email cuz they don't respond to emails.  So they made me an appointment over the phone. So back I come! I really hope I get the same man.  I really do!

Renee

17 minutes ago, tc281tx said:

My visa was finally issued yesterday but no idea on the tracking process because we haven't received a number yet..

Yeah Im glad another person got through!  They supposed to email you a tracking number, but somewhere it says you can call for the number as well. 

Renee

I emailed yesterday  to inquire if they received his medical becauz hospital said it was delivered 1/31. Got a response saying it is in administrative  processing. So i emailed saying i am aware it has been in ap since his interview however that response was not helpful. I want to know if you guys had received it and if you haven't then I can call and ask why there's a delay so hopefully they will check and send me you an email with a response

17 minutes ago, toyab said:

I emailed yesterday  to inquire if they received his medical becauz hospital said it was delivered 1/31. Got a response saying it is in administrative  processing. So i emailed saying i am aware it has been in ap since his interview however that response was not helpful. I want to know if you guys had received it and if you haven't then I can call and ask why there's a delay so hopefully they will check and send me you an email with a response

keep on them!  keep you case noticeable to them.  This is how I got the ball rolling.  I actually have to come back, because the Chinese IO did not enter into the system that I was ever there for the interview.  Very pissed, yet bothering them woke them up.  They misplace files respond to emails whenever they choose. 

Renee

I am glad they didnt require me to be present for the interview process. I was told they would deny him if i was even in the country. I am going to keep on them because my husband was told that once they received  his medical, and passport, it shouls be about a week before we hear from them.

18 minutes ago, toyab said:

I am glad they didnt require me to be present for the interview process. I was told they would deny him if i was even in the country. I am going to keep on them because my husband was told that once they received  his medical, and passport, it shouls be about a week before we hear from them.

Really? that is odd, at times it is a positive thing to see the petitioner at the interview.  Weill either way I just looked and VISA ISSUED!!! so now I am trying to clarify if I still need to come back in again.  Supposed to fly out tomorrow.  Now instead of an interview it will bee to bring my husband home.  I am waiting to call back to get a verbal confirmation.  Told the operator I will not send anymore emails because this is a time issue and they are not answering emails and need to know before I fly

Renee

we were denied k1 visa dec 2015. got married in Jamaica april 2016. submitted new petition may 2016. finally had interview jan 12 2017. they said visa is approved but they didn't have his medical yet stating that they were about 3 weeks behind at the hospital and that they needed to remove some information from his file.  I sent an email to the embassy on jan 19 and they responded back on the 24th stating that the medical had been received and the case is being reviewed, I sent another email on jan 31, asking how long the process will take and how will we know if the case is actually being updated. The response I got was " the medical was pending at the time of the interview. Upon receiving the medical the case has to be reviewed. The case is undergoing administrative processing which sometimes takes longer than anticipated.  They had already told me they had the medical.  If you send an email and they respond back does that count for the case being updated? This is so terrible. Had we went to the first interview with a mouth full of lies he'd probably be here already.

I dont know if it counts. I checked this am and it said as of 2/8/17  we were still in AP. What is the phone number to call them because  the hospital told my husband if we dont hear from them in a week to call up there. I tried calking but i keep getting prompts that never lead to a person

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, myfuture said:

we were denied k1 visa dec 2015. got married in Jamaica april 2016. submitted new petition may 2016. finally had interview jan 12 2017. they said visa is approved but they didn't have his medical yet stating that they were about 3 weeks behind at the hospital and that they needed to remove some information from his file.  I sent an email to the embassy on jan 19 and they responded back on the 24th stating that the medical had been received and the case is being reviewed, I sent another email on jan 31, asking how long the process will take and how will we know if the case is actually being updated. The response I got was " the medical was pending at the time of the interview. Upon receiving the medical the case has to be reviewed. The case is undergoing administrative processing which sometimes takes longer than anticipated.  They had already told me they had the medical.  If you send an email and they respond back does that count for the case being updated? This is so terrible. Had we went to the first interview with a mouth full of lies he'd probably be here already.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.